Question: about new WP rules

Here is the case now:

Foreigner married to a Thai woman, father of 3 kids,

Current job (online) freelancer, doing translation services, simultaneous interpretation, web design, affiliate, digital marketing ,  and getting paid via bank transfer, PayPal, USDT (crypto), the monthly income varies, sometimes above 40k. sometimes lesser, 

I heard about a kind of independent WP for foreigners: which allowing foreigners with work permits to legally work in any field, anywhere in the country, for any employer as long as the work being done in not on the list of occupations prohibited to foreigners.

I read about this few days ago in another news website, not sure if the admin will allow posting the link here or not? if yes, I will copy/past in the next reply,

Anyone heard about this independent WP? or applied for it as a self-employed? possible the non-o (family) visa can be integrated with the WP visa?

Will be highly appreciated if any idea, info or comment to share it here with the community, Thanks.

There is no such thing as "a kind of independent WP for foreigners"

What you are confusing is that some years ago, the rules were "relaxed" on work permits to allow someone with a work permit to work at multiple locations, or even in some cases, multiple jobs. However, the work permit itself did not change. In other words, you still need to have a work permit based on the existing requirements - working for a company that issues the WP.

For example, I have a work permit issued to me by my company to work as a software developer / manager. Once I have that work permit, I can then work another job that is not listed on the work permit. However, you do still need to have the employer who issued the WP approve that additional work. In other words, the employer who issues the WP must be aware of and approve the additional work.

Edited by timendres

Guys, all the shared topics and how to obtain a WP in the traditional way I knew it,

Let me make this point clear, I read a topic in another Thai website about some kind of new or flexible rules, I will share the link, if the moderator allowed to post it:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-work-permit-rules-confirmed-by-phuket-employment-office-chief-68463.php

The topic about job: work as digital marketer, promote digital products, affiliate with several overseas digital marketing companies , I don't need to bother myself with such working jobs 9:00-17:00 with stressful traffic, just asking about if they have such flexible type of visa under some kind of license as freelancer (self-employed) 

I don't need the other type of the called digital nomads visa and its requirement,, i heard about it and is not related to me, 

Did you actually read the article you just quoted?
It says that, once you hold a Work Permit (I.E. are legally employed by a Thai Company) you are then allowed to do other jobs, unless you participate in activities not allowed for foreigners, or the company which issued and sponsored your Work Permit does not approve.

16 hours ago, lexlam said:

Guys, all the shared topics and how to obtain a WP in the traditional way I knew it,

Let me make this point clear, I read a topic in another Thai website about some kind of new or flexible rules, I will share the link, if the moderator allowed to post it:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-work-permit-rules-confirmed-by-phuket-employment-office-chief-68463.php

The topic about job: work as digital marketer, promote digital products, affiliate with several overseas digital marketing companies , I don't need to bother myself with such working jobs 9:00-17:00 with stressful traffic, just asking about if they have such flexible type of visa under some kind of license as freelancer (self-employed) 

I don't need the other type of the called digital nomads visa and its requirement,, i heard about it and is not related to me, 

You don't qualify for a visa with a work permit. Best to get a job.