My Killer Kitten!

Woke up one night at about 4 am as I heard/sensed something going on in the bedroom....first thing I see is the cat in front of my face in a squatting position and something dark dangling from the rear...

I'm instantly awake, grab her at the neck and literally throw her out of the house...only then realizing that she was actually just about giving birth to the first of three kitten... :o

• 1 month later...

They weren't too please to find the place covered in feathers and duck sh1t and one very irate duck, still alive, sat on the freezer.

OMG, thanks for sharing that! I have a VERY VIVID visualization of that. How on earth did they deal with the "very irate duck" to get it out of there?

I laughed so hard when I read that, and am still chuckling as I write this.

I have also noticed a funny phenomona with cats. They seem to sense who likes them and who doesnt. Maybe they dont like to poop in a persons garden who also shows them affection, prefering to go where they wont hang about. I recal my grandmothers neighbour who LOATHED cats was the only garden that my grans kitty seemed to want to go to, no matter how hard she tried to stop her. Poor lady was going insane from my grans cat who would traverse across countless gardens to poop on her pansys.

Brings to mind a story I can't resist sharing. Many decades ago, I was married and had 2 cats whom I adored but my husband disliked. The feeling was mutual. The cats' favorite trick was to climb into his shoes (close-toed shoes, this being in a temperate climate) during the night and pee or poop or both, then hide nearby while he dressed in the morning and wait for him to put them on and holler. At which point they would gleefully emerge, run for it and hide to escape his wrath. They were perfectly litter box trained and never, ever went anywhere else..except inside his shoes.

When I was at college I used to share a room with a guy who got on the wrong side of the landlady's poodle (OK, this is not a cat story). About once a week the dog used to crawl under the bedclothes on his bed and crap just where his feet landed up when he went to bed :o

They weren't too please to find the place covered in feathers and duck sh1t and one very irate duck, still alive, sat on the freezer.

OMG, thanks for sharing that! I have a VERY VIVID visualization of that. How on earth did they deal with the "very irate duck" to get it out of there?

Great story!!!!

My dad used to have a pet duck; very affectionate animals actually, and it would command the springer spaniel to walk around with her and go playing in the water by the bottom of the garden. My own spaniel once carried a lost duckling back home in her mouth and tried to nurse it back to health with saliva, but the duckling had just been too worn out stranded on a road for too long.

My cat used to enjoy bringing live small birds into my room early morning, and releasing them to fly around. Quite a wake up call at 5am.

Putting a bell on her collar reduced that, as she cannot help but alert the bird as she pounces; the birds are at least partly to blame. Of all the balconies in all the condos of Lard Prao they have to come and sit on mine.

Here is little cream on one of her days to the beach. I take her to the beach, and she will set (without restraint) for up to 3-4 hours without wandering even when there are dogs around, while I go sailing.

Normally though, she doens't need to be buried in sand to do that. This was just a bonus.

post-19416-1189067438_thumb.jpg

Great story!!!!

My dad used to have a pet duck; very affectionate animals actually, and it would command the springer spaniel to walk around with her and go playing in the water by the bottom of the garden. My own spaniel once carried a lost duckling back home in her mouth and tried to nurse it back to health with saliva, but the duckling had just been too worn out stranded on a road for too long.

My cat used to enjoy bringing live small birds into my room early morning, and releasing them to fly around. Quite a wake up call at 5am.

Putting a bell on her collar reduced that, as she cannot help but alert the bird as she pounces; the birds are at least partly to blame. Of all the balconies in all the condos of Lard Prao they have to come and sit on mine.

Here is little cream on one of her days to the beach. I take her to the beach, and she will set (without restraint) for up to 3-4 hours without wandering even when there are dogs around, while I go sailing.

Normally though, she doens't need to be buried in sand to do that. This was just a bonus.

your moggy is surely a baby cougar!

My (tom)cat was baptized NOO with :

I name you NOO so the house has one already.

You're in charge of hunting any other, and if one day I see one, I'll show you the door.

Tonight, my cat presented me with its catch of the night which it brought to the bedroom ...