Where in BKK can i sell my iPhone 13 Pro max

AlexRRR

Where in Bkk to sell my iPhone 13 pro Max 256 gig, bought in Australia earlier this year, want to get the 14 pro.

Going for the pro over the max as im annoyed with the thing in my pocket, weight issue and yes some may laugh but im over pulling my shorts up all the time...and no i dont wear a belt nor do i want to..

No interested in sticking it in FB or on line sales thingos, depending on how much they shock me im likely to pass it on and just put it down to experiance. Living here now so i will just cop it sweet.

Nothing wrong with it, no marks and have about 6 or so covers for it including a wallet type that im yet to use its around 8 months old now.

The obvious answer which will get the most people and probably the best price, but also expose you to a handful of 'tyre kickers’ is FaceBook Market Place.

But... You’ve mentioned you don’t want to do that....  and I agree, it takes a certain amount of patience to deal with all the silly questions most of which are in the body of the Sale Post itself !!!....

That said, I have found FB market place to be a successful tool in the past and have sold phones and watches etc (but only when selling and meeting in person - there is too much scope for a scam when posting an item). 

I currently have my Smart Watch for sale on FB Market Place.... at least until I go to sell it physically...

.... The base place for this (and the answer to your question) is MBK - This is were there are the most resellers located in one area.

You won’t quite get the same price as selling on FB market place and they too can be a hassle as you get your time wasted by some people who take the phone, open it, turn it on, test it, then lowball you... So getting a decent price still involves ’shopping around’ a little to fund a stall which is being reasonable (I think they often rely on the seller either being gullible or lazy - which is why I think FB market place is the better option). 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, FrequentStops said:

Apple has a relatively decent trade-in program, might want to check that...  Plus it's getting close to the US Black Friday if you can wait that long...

Good luck!

Apples trade valuations are always very low compared to what the Op can sell for directly (to a shop or privately). 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FrequentStops said:

Apple has a relatively decent trade-in program, might want to check that...  Plus it's getting close to the US Black Friday if you can wait that long...

Good luck!

That is a new adjective for the Apple trade in program.

It is likely that even a small effort would double the Apple trade in price. The only thing going for the Apple program is that it is undeniably convenient.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The base place for this (and the answer to your question) is MBK - This is were there are the most resellers located in one area.

Yes...take it to Ma Boon Krong.  If you are just selling you might not get much of a price but if you are trading up you might get a good deal especially as there are hundreds of dealers there so you can shop around.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

.... The base place for this (and the answer to your question) is MBK - This is were there are the most resellers located in one area.

Not sure if that's still so, but in the old days MBK sellers would only offer half of what they can sell it for. So for example they can sell it for 30k, they would offer 15k. A very lousy deal.

Try kaidee or some other classifieds site, if you live in condo maybe there's Urbanice app, post it in there, etc. But basically try to sell it without middle-man or you stand to lose a lot.

But if you don't care how much you get for it, then go to MBK or Pantip or some market selling second hand phones, and see what you get for it.

From Houk and Bank (I think it's not Bank and Houk) Apple shop, your phone would be worth around 30-35k now that 14 is out, second hand and still in warranty. I know those selling for 30-35k for 128 GB model, below a year old but with AppleCare included. Was tempted... but don't like number 13. Too many 13s in my life already.

18 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not sure if that's still so, but in the old days MBK sellers would only offer half of what they can sell it for. So for example they can sell it for 30k, they would offer 15k. A very lousy deal.

I’ve sold numerous phones at MBK in the past - its not quite as horrific as you point out, certainly not ‘half the price’....  but there is a negotiation and you can always walk away. 

Basically, I put something on Facebook Market Place and if it doesn’t well within a week or so, at a convenient time I go to MBK and sell it for there... usually for just a little bit less than my intended selling price... 

Thus: If I couldn’t sell the iPhone 13 Pro-Max 256gb for about 32,000 to 35,000 baht on Facebook Market Place, I’d let it go for 30,000 baht at MBK.

(thats the usually prices I’d expect for this item). 

Try kaidee or some other classifieds site, if you live in condo maybe there's Urbanice app, post it in there, etc. But basically try to sell it without middle-man or you stand to lose a lot.

Defiantly agree, the best option is to miss out a middle-man... 

But if you don't care how much you get for it, then go to MBK or Pantip or some market selling second hand phones, and see what you get for it.

From Houk and Bank (I think it's not Bank and Houk) Apple shop, your phone would be worth around 30-35k now that 14 is out, second hand and still in warranty. I know those selling for 30-35k for 128 GB model, below a year old but with AppleCare included. Was tempted... but don't like number 13. Too many 13s in my life already.

Hauk and Bank are just another reseller as you’ll find at MBK...  but at MBK there is a lot of choice. 

Still worth giving H&B a try, but their FB page already highlights they are selling the same phone for 33,900 baht...  so I very much doubt they’ll offer more than 33,000 baht... as with all the shops, they’ll want their mark-up. 

This: FB market place remains the best place to sell the phone IF the OP wants to get the most reasonable price. 

Taking Photos and Posting them is certainly less effort than physically going to a shop and trying to sell your item. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the response, yes good idea to try Apple but when i popped in 3 weeks ago they didnt have 14 pro stock though several stores in Center World did and i was tempted to just grab one.

MBK was a thought too...will check it out this week...

And no i dont want to list in any websites here, had enough scam artists when selling up including my car back in AU.

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Thanks for the response, yes good idea to try Apple but when i popped in 3 weeks ago they didnt have 14 pro stock though several stores in Center World did and i was tempted to just grab one.

It is reasonably easy to check the availability on the Apple Store website, Iconsiam  have stocks of some versions 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So what’s the consensus?

I also want to sell my iPhone here in Bangkok. I have the latest SE 256GB unlocked in mint condition used for only 2 months. Apple Store sells them new for 23,900 Baht, but I know that the trade-in would be too low for my liking. I thought about listing it on eBay because the price I can get there is around 18,000-20,000 Baht, but I’m not sure how expensive shipping from Thailand to, for example, USA would be. 

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, macgt3 said:

So what’s the consensus?

I also want to sell my iPhone here in Bangkok. I have the latest SE 256GB unlocked in mint condition used for only 2 months. Apple Store sells them new for 23,900 Baht, but I know that the trade-in would be too low for my liking. I thought about listing it on eBay because the price I can get there is around 18,000-20,000 Baht, but I’m not sure how expensive shipping from Thailand to, for example, USA would be. 

Thoughts?

You have an iPhone that while it is the latest SE is like all iPhones a model that has been specifically designed for a market/area, so if bought in Thailand and sold to the USA it is likely that the 1 year guarantee will be void unless it is shipped back to Thailand.

in short there are several different models of SE 256GB not just 1

Apple may restrict warranty service for hardware products to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You have an iPhone that while it is the latest SE is like all iPhones a model that has been specifically designed for a market/area, so if bought in Thailand and sold to the USA it is likely that the 1 year guarantee will be void unless it is shipped back to Thailand.

in short there are several different models of SE 256GB not just 1

There are exactly 4 variants of the SE and mine is the US/CA one. It’s fully unlocked too.

I bought it from an Apple Store in US. It is technically the best of the 4 because it supports the same bands as the others, plus additional two bands that the others don’t. 

So the US variant is actually a true global SE, despite not being referred to as “global”. The Thai variant is referred to as “global”, despite missing two bands that the US variant supports. 

2 hours ago, macgt3 said:

There are exactly 4 variants of the SE and mine is the US/CA one. It’s fully unlocked too.

Sorry your information is incorrect the model numbers are

A2595 (United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Mexico, Saudi Arabia), A2782 (Japan), A2784 (Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan), A2785 (China), A2783 (other countries and regions)

the 

GSM/EDGE (support varies by country)

It is also very likely, as I said, that the Apple warranty is restricted to the North American + Mexico or A2595 area as that is region where you bought the phone.

That the phone is unlocked may be a selling point there, it would not be one here where unlocked phone are the standard.

So your best market will be North America, plus areas where the A2595 model is sold.

The support for GSM/EDGE would restrict my personal interest in the model you have as the USA region requires different bands 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

11 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Sorry your information is incorrect the model numbers are

the 

It is also very likely, as I said, that the Apple warranty is restricted to the North American + Mexico or A2595 area as that is region where you bought the phone.

That the phone is unlocked may be a selling point there, it would not be one here where unlocked phone are the standard.

So your best market will be North America, plus areas where the A2595 model is sold.

The support for GSM/EDGE would restrict my personal interest in the model you have as the USA region requires different bands 

Nothing I said was incorrect. The USA model is the model that supports the same identical 5G bands that the Thai model supports, plus two extra bands that the Thai model doesn’t support. 4G and GSM/EDGE is identical. 

I didn’t say anything about warranty, nor did I ever imply that it’s something people don’t care about. The only thing I said is that the US model iPhone SE is the one that will work anywhere in the world (only exception being the Japanese model, which includes a few 4G bands that neither the US nor Thai variants support). 

Also, not sure where you get your information from, but unlocked phones are the standard in the US. Subsidizing works in very much the same way that it does in Thailand. If you buy a new iPhone from AIS or True and you don’t pay full price, it will be locked to that carrier. Same as US. If you buy any iPhone from an Apple Store for full price, it’s always fully unlocked. 

I work with iPhones and Android phones for a living. I’ve had every iPhone since iPhone 3G and I sold every iPhone I ever had on eBay. The situation now requires me to sell it in Thailand, but if I can find a decent shipping price to US, I’d rather go that route because it’s typically easier to sell anything in US vs other parts of the world. I already got quoted 1k baht by Fastship for shipping to US in 3-5 days. 

As you can see, the A2595 is the best variant to have anywhere in the world (other than Japan). The sole difference between Thailand’s A2783 is that the A2595 supports more 5G bands, which makes it a better choice, unless somebody cares dearly about warranty (or lack thereof), which can be easily factored in by adjusting the price. 

DA16BE6E-E2D8-40B3-B0BC-B20F3BCD1714.jpeg

Edited by macgt3

Nothing I said was incorrect.

Really

15 hours ago, macgt3 said:

There are exactly 4 variants of the SE

1) A2595 (United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Mexico, Saudi Arabia),

2) A2782 (Japan),

3) A2784 (Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan),

4) A2785 (China),

5) A2783 (other countries and regions)

That really looks like 5 variants to me!!!

If you buy a new iPhone from AIS or True and you don’t pay full price, it will be locked to that carrier. Same as US.

SWMBO bought her last iPhone from AIS, she didn’t pay full price, it wasn’t locked. So it seems that your information is not correct there, is it?

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

SWMBO bought her last iPhone from AIS, she didn’t pay full price, it wasn’t locked. So it seems that your information is not correct there, is it?

My wife bought an iPhone 13 Pro Max directly from AIS last year at a significant discount. It was subsidized as part of the “Handset contract with promotional package (12-month contract)”. When we did my visa run, we inserted a Vietnamese SIM card and it was SIM locked. We couldn’t use it and the carrier in Vietnam confirmed that it was locked. When we returned to Thailand, we went to AIS and asked them to unlock it, which they told us they couldn’t do because the plan she’s on doesn’t allow it until the contract expires. 

And it makes sense. Otherwise, anyone  would buy such an expensive iPhone at a discount, stop making monthly payments, leave Thailand and use it with any carrier outside of the country. AIS would either lose money or break even at best.  

Edited by macgt3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Really

1) A2595 (United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Mexico, Saudi Arabia),

2) A2782 (Japan),

3) A2784 (Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan),

4) A2785 (China),

5) A2783 (other countries and regions)

That really looks like 5 variants to me!!!

The website I took a screenshot of showed only 4 variants, but you were still incorrect by claiming that the Thai variant includes different GSM/EDGE bands. It doesn’t.

Every single SE variant is identical, apart from the bands they support and the fact that US variants don’t have the stupid writing on the back of the phone. 

Edited by macgt3

8 hours ago, macgt3 said:

The website I took a screenshot of showed only 4 variants, but you were still incorrect by claiming that the Thai variant includes different GSM/EDGE bands. It doesn’t.

Your claim that “Nothing I said was incorrect” and your information is clearly wrong then, isn’t it?

1) As there is the A2784 that is not listed, claim (There are exactly 4 variants of the SE)

2) You are attributing words and claims I did not say, I said that “GSM/EDGE (support varies by country)” I did not say that the “Thai variant includes different GSM/EDGE bands”

3b) You bought a phone from AIS  it was locked so claimed “If you buy a new iPhone from AIS or True and you don’t pay full price, it will be locked to that carrier” 
3b) we bought a phone from AIS it was discounted, it is not locked. 
Therefore AIS sells both locked and unlocked phones so contradicting your claim above.
Likely that the supply of a locked and unlocked version is dependent on the discount offered and along with the contract.

So your information is not as absolute as you like to think and you jump to unsubstantiated conclusions.

Update on the journey to sell my 13 Pro Max.......Apple @ Central world  had no 14 pro's in stock (but everyone else has) still i inquired about a trade in if they were available now it wasnt an offensive amount but since id already had done the rounds at MBK my brain quickly shut it down on hearing the amount and if MBK wasnt anywhere i could get to id just take it....was something like 24,000 change over on a 14 Pro 256gig.

The best deal if done on the spot @ MBK was 16,000 change over on the 14 pro 256gig brand new, which i thought was pretty good, checked 4 places 2 came in @ 18,000 the third would match the last one 17,000 and tempted me if on the spot possible 16,000....

I wanted a few days to mull it over, weight was the issue but i do like the big screen previous phone was a XR which i took with me and i loved the size of that, suited me very well, the 14 pro matched it bar weight, it is heavier, in the end i decided not to go ahead with it as the weight drop even significant still was a bit on the heavier side, checked out the basic 14 and 14 max, way lighter and i recon since i change my phone every 2 to 3 years i might just stop buying the high end next time and go for the lightest.

44 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

i recon since i change my phone every 2 to 3 years i might just stop buying the high end next time and go for the lightest.

Thats pretty much what I do.... I have the standard iPhone 13 (I don’t need the extra camera quality etc).

Currently trying to sell my iWatch Series 7 (stainless)...  took it to MBK where I’ve had previous decent experiences selling my phone.

I was low-balled so badly I burst out laughing at one point !!... shopped around 4 shops, maybe I was unlucky and just went to the wrong shops. No one was really interested in offering a competitive price but wasted my time checking out the watch etc.. I suspect their tactic was to take up 15 mins checking out the watch by which time they figured you were invested and would accept the low offer. 

On 10/25/2022 at 12:30 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The obvious answer which will get the most people and probably the best price, but also expose you to a handful of 'tyre kickers’ is FaceBook Market Place.

But... You’ve mentioned you don’t want to do that....  and I agree, it takes a certain amount of patience to deal with all the silly questions most of which are in the body of the Sale Post itself !!!....

That said, I have found FB market place to be a successful tool in the past and have sold phones and watches etc (but only when selling and meeting in person - there is too much scope for a scam when posting an item). 

I currently have my Smart Watch for sale on FB Market Place.... at least until I go to sell it physically...

You won’t quite get the same price as selling on FB market place and they too can be a hassle as you get your time wasted by some people who take the phone, open it, turn it on, test it, then lowball you... So getting a decent price still involves ’shopping around’ a little to fund a stall which is being reasonable (I think they often rely on the seller either being gullible or lazy - which is why I think FB market place is the better option). 

Re: MBK.  A lot of the stalls are owned by the same people so it can be difficult to get genuine competition on the price.

Cautionary note on FB marketplace.  A friend was selling an i-phone on Marketplace and met a buyer on a busy street corner.  The guy took the phone to check it out and then just cut and ran.  Nothing my friend could do.  Best to meet in a food court or some other place where quick escape isn't so easy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2022 at 7:08 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

Your claim that “Nothing I said was incorrect” and your information is clearly wrong then, isn’t it?

1) As there is the A2784 that is not listed, claim (There are exactly 4 variants of the SE)

2) You are attributing words and claims I did not say, I said that “GSM/EDGE (support varies by country)” I did not say that the “Thai variant includes different GSM/EDGE bands”

3b) You bought a phone from AIS  it was locked so claimed “If you buy a new iPhone from AIS or True and you don’t pay full price, it will be locked to that carrier” 
3b) we bought a phone from AIS it was discounted, it is not locked. 
Therefore AIS sells both locked and unlocked phones so contradicting your claim above.
Likely that the supply of a locked and unlocked version is dependent on the discount offered and along with the contract.

So your information is not as absolute as you like to think and you jump to unsubstantiated conclusions.

Nice try, but you were clearly wrong. You didn’t actually say what you claim you said. I’ll quote it for you:

The support for GSM/EDGE would restrict my personal interest in the model you have as the USA region requires different bands”

You were clearly stating that the USA SE variant is one you’re not interested in because USA region requires different GSM/EDGE bands, which doesn’t make sense because both variants (Thai and US) support the same identical GSM/EDGE bands. You were implying that because GSM/EDGE bands are different in the US, then the phone wouldn’t be compatible with some GSM/EDGE bands here, which is flat out incorrect. The US SE variant will work optimally with any carrier in Thailand.

Edited by macgt3
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:56 AM, AlexRRR said:

Update on the journey to sell my 13 Pro Max.......Apple @ Central world  had no 14 pro's in stock (but everyone else has) still i inquired about a trade in if they were available now it wasnt an offensive amount but since id already had done the rounds at MBK my brain quickly shut it down on hearing the amount and if MBK wasnt anywhere i could get to id just take it....was something like 24,000 change over on a 14 Pro 256gig.

The best deal if done on the spot @ MBK was 16,000 change over on the 14 pro 256gig brand new, which i thought was pretty good, checked 4 places 2 came in @ 18,000 the third would match the last one 17,000 and tempted me if on the spot possible 16,000....

I wanted a few days to mull it over, weight was the issue but i do like the big screen previous phone was a XR which i took with me and i loved the size of that, suited me very well, the 14 pro matched it bar weight, it is heavier, in the end i decided not to go ahead with it as the weight drop even significant still was a bit on the heavier side, checked out the basic 14 and 14 max, way lighter and i recon since i change my phone every 2 to 3 years i might just stop buying the high end next time and go for the lightest.

I will personally avoid MBK from now on. I went there today and was extremely disappointed. I got offered 11000 baht for my 3rd Gen SE 256GB, which is in like-new condition and with 10 months of warranty left. 

Afterwards, I drove to Central pin-klao and shipped it back to US for 985 baht with Fastship. Should be there in 3-6 days. As soon as my sister receives it, I’ll throw it on eBay, where I sold plenty of iPhones. I know I can get at least 16000 baht equivalent for it. Possibly more. Shipping statewide is dirt cheap, too. 

May not seem like much, but the extra 4-5K baht is worth it IMO, even if I factor in the eBay fee. It seems incredibly difficult to sell a smartphone for a good price in Thailand. Lesson learned. I’ll never attempt it again lol

On 11/6/2022 at 12:47 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Thats pretty much what I do.... I have the standard iPhone 13 (I don’t need the extra camera quality etc).

Currently trying to sell my iWatch Series 7 (stainless)...  took it to MBK where I’ve had previous decent experiences selling my phone.

I was low-balled so badly I burst out laughing at one point !!... shopped around 4 shops, maybe I was unlucky and just went to the wrong shops. No one was really interested in offering a competitive price but wasted my time checking out the watch etc.. I suspect their tactic was to take up 15 mins checking out the watch by which time they figured you were invested and would accept the low offer. 

This is exactly what happened to me today. Every place took their sweet ass time molesting the phone to no end before quoting a ridiculous price. One place even offered 9000 baht, which is basically half of what I can get for it in the US. I also burst out laughing, which they didn’t appreciate.

The most annoying part was that each merchant had to “call their boss” to check on the price. They must cater to straight up suckers who will give the phone away for scraps. 

Too much scum working there. I’d say it’s the first time I felt somewhat uncomfortable in a Thai mall lol. Actually, “Thai mall” isn’t even a good way to describe it because hardly anyone working there looked Thai. 

Edited by macgt3

58 minutes ago, macgt3 said:

Nice try, but you were clearly wrong. You didn’t actually say what you claim you said. I’ll quote it for you:

The support for GSM/EDGE would restrict my personal interest in the model you have as the USA region requires different bands”

You were clearly stating that the USA SE variant is one you’re not interested in because USA region requires different GSM/EDGE bands, which doesn’t make sense because both variants (Thai and US) support the same identical GSM/EDGE bands. You were implying that because GSM/EDGE bands are different in the US, then the phone wouldn’t be compatible with some GSM/EDGE bands here, which is flat out incorrect. The US SE variant will work optimally with any carrier in Thailand.

You are still jumping to conclusions while still maintaining your information was completely correct, it demonstrably is not and yet you still haven’t admitted you missed out on one of the versions.

You are also inferring that my sole reason for not being interested is the support for the Thai GSM/EDGE bands, while there are more reasons that I didn’t bother with enumerating, the restrictions of the GSM/EDGE bands is one of them. I am not so parochial in the countries I visit. You may, or may not, visit places where your version has connection challenges.