Thaksin blames Gen. Prawit for the Tak Bai massacre

webfact

At least they haven't got around to blaming it on the dirty farangs yet <rolleyes>. Mind you, we haven't heard from Anutin yet, so I expect we'll be treated to that version as soon as his head pops up above the stupa, lol.

13 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Yes, you are right. Your last sentence, however, should not serve as an excuse. It happened under his watch, and he needed to take responsibiliy out of respect for the families of those killed. And that is what he didnt do, actually his bully boy Samak made some disrespectful and erronous remarks to cover his derriere.

NO civilian PM can control the military and that is why there have been so many coups since 1932. In addition there has been NO punishment for any generals involved  in a coup.

The military are a law unto themselves and until they can be put under control, no civilian PM can be blamed for what them military do. The Tak Bai incident was carried out by the army, and who investigated it? The army who found no fault with themselves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Yes I would, would you mind doing your own research?

To be expected, an unsubstantiated claim based solely on your imagination. 

However, I am aware of one human rights lawyer who went missing - that's not really getting rid of political opposition, now is it? 

18 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

And just like Duterte's war on drugs, Thaksin's war on drugs 'conveniently' served as a way to get rid of any pesky political opposition.

The fact that innocents were also executed during his house cleaning war on drugs didn't matter to him.

The same can be said of the Tak Bai Massacre, he showed no remorse.

I really cannot believe that people can try justify and support any monster that orders the executions of innocent citizens.

Have you any proof that Thaksin actually ordered the executions of innocent citizens, or are you simply saying that he was the PM, so he must have ordered it.

Do you truly believe that the 'sacred' military and police would never act on their own initiative?

If so why have there been so many coups.

• Thumbs Up 1