Thai/British teen "selling sex for 500 baht a time" at rich man's house - mum calls for her return

webfact

Just now, giddyup said:

You don't seem to get it. It's a common occurrence in Thailand and you can probably count on one hand anyone doing time for it.

Perhaps it is you who don't get it....but fair enough.  If it's something you would do or recommend to your visiting friends, go for it.  And your reasoning would be because "everyone's doing it."  I'm sure the dudes in brown uniforms would understand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Your silly, anectdotal stories have no bearing on this matter so they should be ignored.

No one is denying there are cultural aspects to how sex is viewed in Thailand and in the most cases it's healthy and to be encouraged and no one is 'pretending' it isn't happening, however, it's a VERY different thing when you are talking about minors and I'm not really sure why you can't see this or feel compelled to argue about it. No amount of local culture, tradition or general acceptance should be used as an excuse when it comes to having sex with children. It's just plain wrong and if you can't see that then there really is no hope for you. 

I am not suggesting that it is not 'wrong'.. I am also not encouraging anyone to do it.. 

What I am saying is that 1) culturally Thai teenagers selling themselves to other Thais is not very unusual, it happens quite openly day in day out and 2) it is not always forced or coerced.. They seem to often make that choice for the material gains it brings without apparent regret. 

If you dont know this, your living in that bubble of isolation which doesnt speak or see Thailand for what it really is.. For good or ill, warts and all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Would it still be the adult doing everything?

I'll answer for you: no, of course it wouldn't, so what you said is illogical.

Legally, yes. It would be the adult doing everything.

Would it still be the adult doing everything?

I'll answer for you: no, of course it wouldn't, so what you said is illogical.

No need to answer for, especially as you are wrong in thinking I would try to justify the sexual exploitation of an underage child by victim blaming. 

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Perhaps it is you who don't get it....but fair enough.  If it's something you would do or recommend to your visiting friends, go for it.  And your reasoning would be because "everyone's doing it."  I'm sure the dudes in brown uniforms would understand.

Don't try and impose your morals onto another culture.

So if the underage girl sought out and came on to the adult man, initiating all sexual acts, would it still be the the adult doing everything?

IIRC the businessman in this news has a bevy of 5 underage girls, that suggests grooming to me.

I like sex with younger women, down to 30 yo. Beyond that, uninterested in teenage airheads.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Is she making the choice with free will ?? 

I was 14 the first time my parents left for months leaving me to look after myself solo.. My old man ran away to sea on the cape boats at 14.. We were both immature but we both made choices with our own free will..  No one coerced us to make those choices and we were responsible for our actions (I was briefly put into a care home because I was arrested and didnt have a guardian and refused to give them any family contact details but I was able to escape the care facility in 12 hours so no harm done ;)).

Absolutely shes under the legal age to have sex.. Thats not in dispute. Is she being forced to do so or choosing to do so? Entirely different question. 

Fortunately this isn't the 1950's/60' or whenever you were 14 years old and a lot more is known about the maturity of children at certain ages these days. You may have thought you were making choices out of 'free will' but it sounds like it was more likely necessity driven by your unfortunate home circumstances. 

You were a child and should never have been left to these outcomes. She is a child and has neither the brain capacity, maturity or life experience to know anything about what is good for her.

That's why there are laws to protect children, so once again, stop trying to make it sound as if this girl is a grown adult making sensible life choices. She isn't but there is an adult involved who DEFINATELY knows better.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

As this culture has outlawed sex with underage children we are not imposing anything on anyone. 

What is "outlawed" and what is common and acceptable practice are two different things.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Why do you need to try and accuse someone simply because they are saying something is common place and tolerated in Thailand and you don't like it?

You're basically saying "you're not agreeing with us about this, so that means you have sex with underage children".

This is a shi**y way to have a discussion.

Take it anyway you want.  But if a visiting westerner reads this thread and thinks it's perfectly acceptable to buy a 14 year old, he may be shocked to find that the prisons in Thailand aren't all that accommodating.  That's my point. 

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

Fortunately this isn't the 1950's/60' or whenever you were 14 years old and a lot more is known about the maturity of children at certain ages these days. You may have thought you were making choices out of 'free will' but it sounds like it was more likely necessity driven by your unfortunate home circumstances. 

You were a child and should never have been left to these outcomes. She is a child and has neither the brain capacity, maturity or life experience to know anything about what is good for her.

That's why there are laws to protect children, so once again, stop trying to make it sound as if this girl is a grown adult making sensible life choices. She isn't but there is an adult involved who DEFINATELY knows better.  

80s dude.. Late ones.. 

I was just fine.. I made choices.. I lived with the outcomes.. Good things happened, bad things happened, I was in control of my own destiny.. It was only months later at 16 I left home for good and 19 I completely left the country of my passport.. Teenagers can make life choices without being a victim of coercion. 

Obviously, but why not answer the actual question?

The answer is simple and my post made clear. 

Underage children are victims if sexually exploited. The adult alone is responsible for this exploitation. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Sorry, you're saying that if a 14 year old girl came onto an adult and initiated sex, that would mean he was coming on to her and initiating sex?

No.

Legally, he is the only one responsible, lol.

You think what you just said would stand up in court? ????????

You can keep living the fantasy all you like though.

• Like 1

Just now, 2009 said:

Legally, he is the only one responsible, lol.

You think what you just said would stand up in court? ????????

You can keep living the fantasy all you like though.

In a Thai one ?? You think it would even go to court ?? 

If you think sex with a girl who is 14 is OK, then :

1.  you've never had kids

2.  you are not around kids

3.  you've not talked to kids in the last year

4.  you have mental problems

5.  you are a criminal

6.  you are simply trolling

Even girls up to the age of 17 (the last year of being underage) act so ridiculously childish that it's really impossible to think about sex when talking to them.   

As a former Thai high-school teacher, NEVER, EVER, NOT ONCE, NEVER was a turned on by any student at any of my schools (five).    They are children, and even if 18 I'm in a position of power.

I will have to assume all these trolls are thinking about girls who are 18 and online when reading 14.   Oh wait, this is LOS.    

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

80s dude.. Late ones.. 

I was just fine.. I made choices.. I lived with the outcomes.. Good things happened, bad things happened, I was in control of my own destiny.. It was only months later at 16 I left home for good and 19 I completely left the country of my passport.. Teenagers can make life choices without being a victim of coercion. 

I beg to differ and so would all those teenagers roaming the streets in any major capital, addicted to drugs and having to rely on prostitution.

It's admiral how you managed to buck the trend but don't think you coming out of a terrible upbringing as 'fine' is the norm. The vast majority aren't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

But if a visiting westerner reads this thread and thinks it's perfectly acceptable to buy a 14 year old, he may be shocked to find that the prisons in Thailand aren't all that accommodating.

Ipso facto we can't acknowledge that it's a common thing in Thailand or objectively discuss Thailand's attitude to underage sex?

• Like 1

Just now, LivinLOS said:

In a Thai one ?? You think it would even go to court ?? 

Missing the point, aren't you?

I think I understand your point correctly though: it's okay to sleep with children if you can get away with it.

• Thanks 1