Thai/British teen "selling sex for 500 baht a time" at rich man's house - mum calls for her return

webfact

3 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Legally, he is the only one responsible, lol.

No $hit, but who said anything about legal responsibility?

3 minutes ago, 2009 said:

You think what you just said would stand up in court? ????????

Not that I mentioned court, but are you suggesting that if factually the girl came onto the guy and initiated sex, and you said that in court, they would say "no, the guy came onto the girl and initiated sex"?

Just seems a bit weird. If the girl came onto the guy then the girl came onto the guy.

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Ipso facto we can't acknowledge that it's a common thing in Thailand or objectively discuss Thailand's attitude to underage sex?

Ok, let's do that.  Awhile back, I was having some beers with about a dozen Thai guys and they were admiring this new waitress who was serving us.  Someone asked how old she was and a guy answered "17"!  There was a gasp of disappointment from everyone, implying she was untouchable.  Now I'm sure the guys you hang out with may think differently, but that's on you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

It’s the law. 

Something those residing here should always keep in mind…

Exactly, and let's not forget, we are still governed by our home country's laws even when we are abroad.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Ok, let's do that.  Awhile back, I was having some beers with about a dozen Thai guys and they were admiring this new waitress who was serving us.  Someone asked how old she was and a guy answered "17"!  There was a gasp of disappointment from everyone, implying she was untouchable.  Now I'm sure the guys you hang out with may think differently, but that's on you. 

How is 17 "untouchable"?

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Ok, let's do that.  Awhile back, I was having some beers with about a dozen Thai guys and they were admiring this new waitress who was serving us.  Someone asked how old she was and a guy answered "17"!  There was a gasp of disappointment from everyone, implying she was untouchable. 

Sure, it's not everyone.

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Now I'm sure the guys you hang out with may think differently, but that's on you. 

Why do you need to accuse anyone? Someone saying "it's accepted/not unusual in Thailand" isn't saying they or anyone they know want to have a relationship with an underage girl.

Accusing people of something in some sort of attempt to shame them is a lazy way to argue.

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Sure, it's not everyone.

Why do you need to accuse anyone? Someone saying "it's accepted/not unusual in Thailand" isn't saying they or anyone they know want to have a relationship with an underage girl.

Accusing people of something in some sort of attempt to shame them is a lazy way to argue.

So why haven't you condemned it?

Not a single one of your posts condemns the practice, so what are we supposed to think?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

How is 17 "untouchable"?

I am pretty sure according to Thai law, she needs to be 18 to be a full consenting adult.

The 15 age of consent thing is if she is married to the guy.

And, I am also under the impression if money is changing hands for sex, she needs to be 20, otherwise she is protected by some law regarding protection of minors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Why do you need to turn it into "if you say that X happens in Thailand then you must want to do X and be totally in favour of it"?

You are just coming across that way.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Missing the point, aren't you?

I think I understand your point correctly though: it's okay to sleep with children if you can get away with it.

Total misdirection and strawman. 

My point is this is not unusual in Thailand, especially among Thais, and I do not agree that it is impossible that is making a free choice to willing engage in this. Many do. 

I have zero interest in anyone that young, they have little clue what they are doing even when far older.

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

4 or 5 other girls , That's 6 at 500 baht a pop so 3,000 baht.

Wow, seriously rich.

A day? means he must be living in the light of the little blue pill.  You know what they say "If an erections last longer than 4 hours you better see a doctor"

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

I am pretty sure according to Thai law, she needs to be 18 to be a full consenting adult.

The 15 age of consent thing is if she is married to the guy.

And, I am also under the impression if money is changing hands for sex, she needs to be 20, otherwise she is protected by some law regarding protection of minors.

Wrong.

What is the legal age of consent in Thailand?

In Thailand, the age of consent for sexual acts is 15 years old (3). Therefore, it means that if one is to have sex with anyone who is under the age of 15 will be punished by law, no matter if the underaged party consent to the sexual act or not.

Just now, giddyup said:

Wrong.

What is the legal age of consent in Thailand?

In Thailand, the age of consent for sexual acts is 15 years old (3). Therefore, it means that if one is to have sex with anyone who is under the age of 15 will be punished by law, no matter if the underaged party consent to the sexual act or not.

One wonders if the mother knows this and the girl is actually 15 and ergo no action by the police.

1 minute ago, LivinLOS said:

Total misdirection and strawman. 

My point is this is not unusual in Thailand, especially among Thais, and I do not agree that it is impossible that is making a free choice to willing engage in this. Many do. 

I have zero interest in anyone that young, they have little clue what they are doing even when far older.

We get your point; it really isn't that sophisticated.

OUR point is why aren't you condemning it? Why do you sound almost concillitory towards it? Why are you victim blaming and contunually saying it's the child's 'free choice' when it's a child and that child is not held responsible for it's actions until much, much older?

46 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I beg to differ and so would all those teenagers roaming the streets in any major capital, addicted to drugs and having to rely on prostitution.

It's admiral how you managed to buck the trend but don't think you coming out of a terrible upbringing as 'fine' is the norm. The vast majority aren't.

Who says it was terrible.. I had a great childhood, with loving supportive parents who felt I was entirely capable of making my own life choices at an early age.

By my mid 20s I was the ceo of a pan european corporation with 600 employees in 5 countries.. I 'retired' (first time) at 28 already a millionaire.. Maybe in part because of that encouragement, belief, and early development of 'adult' choices and risk understanding. 

We dont all go the same speed.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

One wonders if the mother knows this and the girl is actually 15 and ergo no action by the police.

Child prostitution is illegal in Thailand , doesn't matter what the mother thinks  .

Paying under 18s for sex is Child prostitution 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

5 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

I still think you are missing the point.

The age of consent is there because the person's mental age is considered too young to make that free choice.

Just now, 2009 said:

I still think you are missing the point.

The age of consent is there because the person's mental age is considered too young to make that free choice.

Different countries have different ages of consent, ie younger. Does this mean they mature earlier?

7 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

We get your point; it really isn't that sophisticated.

OUR point is why aren't you condemning it? Why do you sound almost concillitory towards it? Why are you victim blaming and contunually saying it's the child's 'free choice' when it's a child and that child is not held responsible for it's actions until much, much older?

Because I try not to judge other cultures mores and morals, especially ones I have moved into.. When I came here I realized that east is east and west is west and if I tried to make them obey my belief systems as Kipling put it

"For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down; And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased, And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

Asia does what asia does.. I dont have to join in, but I sure as hell am not going to get in thier way or even more insanely start pretending that they dont routinely do things that I find highly unusual, unethical and even immoral.. But they dont seem to see it the same way. As long as they leave me the hell alone, I dont judge them.. 

Getting blood money for dead kids ?? Shocking but.. hey they do it.. Selling thier children to prostitution for debts (a woman I knew !!) shocking but hey they do it.. Stealing children for begging rings.. I mean the list goes on and on.. Welcome to Asia !! <deleted> gets real pretty fast here !

Edited by LivinLOS

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

So why haven't you condemned it?

Not a single one of your posts condemns the practice, so what are we supposed to think?

Why should I have to condemn it? I haven't defended it. I haven't said that it's a good thing.

I'm not discussing the merits of it.

Do you seriously believe that unless someone publicly states that they don't approve of something then they must be in favour of it?

We all need to state "I don't want to <deleted>*k 14 year old girls" in order to discuss it happening in Thailand? And if we don't then the default assumption is that we do?

Sorry, but I'm not down with the whole witch hunt, forced speech, take a knee thing.

And you realise words don't mean much, right? Someone could come to this thread and say how disgusting they find it but not mean that at all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Who says it was terrible.. I had a great childhood, with loving supportive parents who felt I was entirely capable of making my own life choices at an early age.

By my mid 20s I was the ceo of a pan european corporation with 600 employees in 5 countries.. I 'retired' (first time) at 28 already a millionaire.. Maybe in part because of that encouragement, belief, and early development of 'adult' choices and risk understanding. 

We dont all go the same speed.

Your personal anecdotes have very little bearing on the vast majority of children in a similar situation to you. As I said before, well done for doing so well out of what is literally a broken home story but why you think this would be the same outcome for anyone else I really don't know. 99% of children with the same back-story would have very different outcomes to yourself, most of which would be tragic and horrible.

Oh and by the way, don't think you're the only success story on here. You have no idea about who I am, what I've done and what I continue to do. Unlike yourself I have no need to brag about my accomplishments or my wealth to make myself look bigger. It's reallyv rather unbecoming all round.  

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And when did the mother report this to the police? And what did the police do?

Looking at other articles here he should be charged with people trafficking and all that.

Come on reporters, follow up on that one.

Or did the mother do nothing?

I think we should also think about why some girls seem to prefer that compared to their family. IMHO that can only happen if something is seriously wrong with that family. 

I thought that sex trafficking was selling someone for sex, usually girls imported by criminal gangs from one country to another. Maybe, like so many words these day, the meaning has changed.

What this actually is, is a man with money exploiting a young girl for his own pleasure. A different thing entirely. No selling involved.

Meanwhile, what does her father say? No mention of him.

9 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Because I try not to judge other cultures mores and morals, especially ones I have moved into.. When I came here I realized that east is east and west is west and if I tried to make them obey my belief systems as Kipling put it

"For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down; And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased, And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

Asia does what asia does.. I dont have to join in, but I sure as hell am not going to get in thier way or even more insanely start pretending that they dont routinely do things that I find highly unusual, unethical and even immoral.. But they dont seem to see it the same way. As long as they leave me the hell alone, I dont judge them.. 

Getting blood money for dead kids ?? Shocking but.. hey they do it.. Selling thier children to prostitution for debts (a woman I knew !!) shocking but hey they do it.. Stealing children for begging rings.. I mean the list goes on and on.. Welcome to Asia !! <deleted> gets real pretty fast here !

Ok Switzerland you just sit on the fence and don't get your hands dirty. No one really cares but why you feel the need to justify their actions as 'it's just their culture' is what beggars belief.

You don't need to actually do anything but you could at least voice that it's wrong. This is anonymous after all. No- ones coming to get you in your closeted exhistance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not if the legal age is 15.

It isnt 15 though , it is 18 

There are some circumstances when 15 is legal, that's when the parents give consent  , although the 15 year old can change her mind after the event and then prosecute for underage sex . 

Is she consents at the time and then regrets her decision , she can file charges any time in the future.

If any payment is made to an under 18 for sex , that is regarded as Child prostitution regardless of whether she consented or not or whether her parents agreed to it