Thai/British teen "selling sex for 500 baht a time" at rich man's house - mum calls for her return

webfact

23 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Lordy.  If I say that "in my opinion," the Earth is flat, I can certainly be wrong.  Understand?

I understand how opinions work, and I've explained how I reached mine.  As I said, if I saw evidence to the contrary, I might change my opinion.

Exactly.  Your observations aren't scientific, but you're relying on them to render your opinion.  And you're expressing your opinion as being fact. 

What I am saying is that based on evidence I have a certain opinion.  Unless I see other evidence, then I will maintain that opinion.

When you say that the Thai culture accepts or condones underage sex, you're not accepting the reality that you could be wrong.  

No.  When I say that I have a certain opinion based on evidence, I am simply doing that.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

When I took in my Thai wife's 12 year old step-daughter the whole village assumed I would be banging her.

When it became apparent I wasn't, they asked if I were gay.

Seems to me the Thai villagers think it's OK to have sex with 12 year olds and up as long as the family don't object.

If you every visit the Hmong village in CM you will notice most of the 14yos are carrying babies.

In Spain until 2016 the age of consent was 13, then they bowed to EU pressure to up it to 16.

In France the age of consent is still 15.

Different cultures, different rules.

Strange people you live with.

23 hours ago, pomchop said:

14 y.o girls being preyed upon by rich adults is pedophile....seems some posters think that is all jut fine....so what is the limit....10 y.o, 12 y.o, 8 y.o?  disgusting.....

I agree, it sick to see some poster talk about this. However, not pedophilia, still perverted and illegal if not having parents' permission to get married.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Yeah, there's so much evidence of at the very least an indifference or tolerance to it.  It doesn't need to mean that everyone does it or everyone wants that for their children.  More that Thai people don't really care much about what happens to anyone outside of their own family.

I'm not sure why discussion of things that actually happen in Thailand trigger so many people into denial.  I guess they're firmly attached to the dreamy version of Thailand, with real monks who follow the precepts to the letter and hiso girls who wait until marriage to have sex, that anything that conflicts with that image is immediately attacked.

When I hear guys here quoting the laws around the world for child sex, I block them immediately. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Adumbration said:

This teen is not stupid.  She has done the math and quickly figured out she is far better off as a concubine than as a child slave to her mother.  

Boon Khun (filial piety) was once a strong thread that held Thai families together especially in poorer areas.  But the kids are now realising it is a bum deal and walking away.  There is actually a whole movement named after this cultural shift.  The "let it rot" movement is rapidly expanding in China and many other Asian countries.  A Western version of this is the Great Resignation movement.  Kids are realising now that they can work themselves to death but still not have any chance whatsoever of owning a house unless their parents are rich (and generous).

Google Let it Rot.

Boon Koon is not Filial Piety. 

kwam ga tan new  is Filial Piety

21 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I remember the old Pu-Ya-Baan in my wife's village, late 60's guy now passed away, had quite a liking for 14-16 year old girls. He'd pick one up after school finished and go to a 'resort'. Nobody in the village seemed remotely perturbed by this - including his wife who was quite accepting of it!  My wife just said 'as men get older they like younger girls'.

But apparently this isnt 'cultural'.. ????

On 10/27/2022 at 3:07 PM, Neeranam said:

When I hear guys here quoting the laws around the world for child sex, I block them immediately. 

Why are there so many sympathizers on these threads? Go to you local bar beer and hear the banter from  "Jimmy Saville" types. The leering, the self deprecating humor, the evasion. I never heard of him until I saw the shocking Netflix documentary actually I guess he was not very big in America.

Thailand is overrun with these ghouls because the Kingdom does not require sufficient checks before them and other dangerous felons come in as a tourist then basically stay forever via extensions without sufficient home country criminal checks. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 12:46 PM, ezzra said:

You have no idea how much this 'dream' is prevalent on many men's minds, some even call it the fountain of youth... 

Do your male friends tell you they fantasize about underage girls?

If my friends did, I'd change them immediately. 

14 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Thailand is overrun with these ghouls because the Kingdom does not require sufficient checks before them and other dangerous felons come in as a tourist then basically stay forever via extensions without sufficient home country criminal checks. 

I would say it's because the local population is so much worse than the foreigners.

Pardon me, I only read the first page of comments. I only one that surmised likely issues at home.

No doubt, if the allegations are true, this businessman belongs in jail. 

Could that she needs money because she ran from home where her father was raping her on a regular basis and her mother did nothing? Or she was being offered for sale by one or both parents and now the home economy was severely impacted. I can think of many reasons why this could be a better option than being at home.