Entry worrying with Volunteer visa history

Hello, 

I am planning back to Thailand at Nov. 

but I am worrying about my Volunteer visa history that I got in 2020.

I had been staying in Thailand about 3years with Non-B and then I switched my Visa to Non-O Volunteer at OCT 2020.

Then I left Thailand at August 2021 

Now I will go to Thailand at Nov. with a new passport under the Visa exemption. 

Due to dodgy Non-o visa history, will I be refused to enter? 

Guys any recommendation to enter safe? 

Thanks in advance.  

Only one way to find out anyway so pointless to fear something unless you know more than you tell us. I would personally actually do a border entry in such cases, as at least it's less hassle then when being refused. Could just go back to Malay, Lao or Cambodia hehe.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shueng said:

Now I will go to Thailand at Nov. with a new passport under the Visa exemption. 

Due to dodgy Non-o visa history, will I be refused to enter?

No. 

Naturally your history is on file so to speak. 

You may receive the standard questions.

How long you plan to stay.

Why you come to Thailand. You come often.

Where you staying etc etc.

Helps to have clear replies.

If visa exempt was not currently 45 days a tourist visa would be good idea, however not required as you have been out of Thailand for some time.

No problem 

On 10/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, DrJack54 said:

If visa exempt was not currently 45 days a tourist visa would be good idea, however not required as you have been out of Thailand for some time.

No problem 

That is actually ironic if you think about it, they made it more attractive to do border runs than to get a tourist visa. Certainly not worth the 15 days more knowing it costs 2K in fees aside of longer duration abroad (hotel cost etc).

Edited by ChaiyaTH

7 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Certainly not worth the 15 days more knowing it costs 2K in fees...

Pretty much only reason would be if extensive recent history being in Thailand the the tourist visa might be recommended.

Also with the evisa not everyone is comfortable with that.

Got some friends coming over soon and suggested enter visa exempt do 45 days in Thailand and then we will spend week or so in Saigon then back to Thailand for another 45 days.

Nice offer from Thai gov.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Pretty much only reason would be if extensive recent history being in Thailand the the tourist visa might be recommended.

Also with the evisa not everyone is comfortable with that.

Got some friends coming over soon and suggested enter visa exempt do 45 days in Thailand and then we will spend week or so in Saigon then back to Thailand for another 45 days.

Nice offer from Thai gov.

Yeah it is pretty easy indeed, my yearly extension is due early December, almost considered to just do 1 weekend trip to Vietnam or Kuala Lumpur + get 60 days non-o child extension on top = 105 days each time... 

At least from next year I will do that in between, then it is more like 15 months in total if doing a year extension at last.

Edited by ChaiyaTH