Nancy Pelosi's husband 'violently assaulted' at San Francisco home, suspect in custody

Scott

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So you’ll accept the verdict but if you don’t get to see the footage you’ll have your doubts.

In other words your acceptance of the Jury verdict is conditional.

Why doesn’t that surprise me?!

It is possible to accept the verdict while still having some reservations about certain aspects of the trial. Of course.

They can refuse to release the footage to the public I suppose, but I don't really see the need to do so. However, if they refuse to release the footage to the court (which they already stated they have in their possession) then I would find that highly suspicious. Why would they not release it if it proves the police and Pelosi's story to be true? 

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And it is quite likely that he IS guilty of ALL the charges against him.

Of course he plead not guilty. He might be crazy, but he isn't stupid.

I agree, it is quite likely he is guilty. He is also most probably crazy.

However, I do not believe certain aspects of the narrative that we are being fed. Just doesn't add up to me. Same thing as that story in Phuket where the foreigner in the Porsche hurt the Thai. The original story in that case just didn't make sense and so it proved, and I get the same feeling here. I think there is something else to the story that we are not being told. Hopefully it all comes out when the 911 call, the CCTV and bodycam footage is released.

Anyway, we're going round in circles. I've made my position clear and have other things to do. It's been a pleasure Gentlemen.

Plea deals are arranged between prosecutors and defense attorneys  The client must agree or it won't happen. There is no need to prove guilt in court with plea deals 

People are tripping about this.

Of course it's a different ball game if it goes to trial.

Of course it's also possible that because this is such a highl profile politically charged case that the prosecutor might choose to not offer a deal. I assume they will have a super strong case and they might not want to give him any breaks on sentencing. Or the defense may choose a trial and use the insanity defense.

Wait and see.

Edited by Jingthing

U.S. Capitol Police officers weren't watching live home security cameras when Paul Pelosi was attacked

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wasn't in San Francisco at the time of the incident

Officers from the U.S. Capitol Police have live video surveillance outside the Pelosi's San Francisco residence, but weren't watching it when David DePape, 42, allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, sources tell Fox News.

The officers were monitoring a live-feed of many cameras, which include surveillance of the capitol complex, but also monitor some points away from the capitol, which include the Pelosi residence.

According to sources, an officer was monitoring the feeds and saw police lights on a dark street outside the Pelosi's residence.

When going through surveillance footage, the officer saw the alleged attack on Oct. 28, when DePape allegedly struck Paul Pelosi, people briefed on the incident said, according to the report.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/u-s-capitol-police-officers-werent-watching-live-home-security-cameras-when-paul-pelosi-was-attacked

The conspiracy addicts will probably complain that it's very suspicious that the cameras were working.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

It took a wild leap of faith and copied the quote into google search. And against all odds, I found this:

Suspect accused of politically motivated attack on Paul Pelosi was 'completely caught up in the fantasy, in the MAGA fantasy,' his boss says

https://www.businessinsider.com/pelosi-suspects-boss-says-he-was-consumed-by-conspiracy-theories-2022-11

So he was posting MAGA content, people who know him are saying he's MAGA, he wanted to confront Pelosi and Dems with their lies. Isn't it enough?

Surely not enough for our MAGA fans. Expect more hair splitting and loony theories! ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, candide said:

So he was posting MAGA content, people who know him are saying he's MAGA, he wanted to confront Pelosi and Dems with their lies. Isn't it enough?

Surely not enough for our MAGA fans. Expect more hair splitting and loony theories! ????

What's truly bizarre about these people is that they compulsively look for conspiracies. One huge case recently revealed evidence that's about as unambiguous as it can be that crimes were committed. They managed somehow to find that evidence suspect. Here, they're doing it again where the evidence is so obvious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

It took a wild leap of faith and copied the quote into google search. And against all odds, I found this:

Suspect accused of politically motivated attack on Paul Pelosi was 'completely caught up in the fantasy, in the MAGA fantasy,' his boss says

https://www.businessinsider.com/pelosi-suspects-boss-says-he-was-consumed-by-conspiracy-theories-2022-11

Thanks, and as for the link, which I was about to look for again, until I saw your post, it was from an article in the New Zealand Herald newspaper and also originally published in the New York Times.

But there again, as we've seen on this thread, there are folks who don't want to believe there is a link between this event and MAGA, but.............

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Your efforts appreciated. Unfortunately the post with the link less claim I was referring to is no longer available but I'm sure those were not the words originally written.   

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Your efforts appreciated. Unfortunately the post with the link less claim I was referring to is no longer available but I'm sure those were not the words originally written.   

Posted as written in the NY Times and NZ Herald.......just to help you out????

He was completely caught up in the fantasy, in the MAGA fantasy,” he said.

DePape’s workmate and employer for the past 5 years stated.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/suspect-in-nancy-pelosi-attack-consumed-by-conspiracy-theories-boss-says

Also…In the NY Times: The man accused of the Pelosi attack was consumed by conspiracy theories, his employer said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/01/us/pelosi-attack-depape-arraignment.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Posted as written in the NY Times and NZ Herald.......just to help you out????

He was completely caught up in the fantasy, in the MAGA fantasy,” he said.

DePape’s workmate and employer for the past 5 years stated.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/suspect-in-nancy-pelosi-attack-consumed-by-conspiracy-theories-boss-says

Also…In the NY Times: The man accused of the Pelosi attack was consumed by conspiracy theories, his employer said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/01/us/pelosi-attack-depape-arraignment.html

Thanks for "helping" but I'm not subscribing. ????