Chinese national and Thai wife arrested for reportedly illegally possessing firearms at luxurious house in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

By Nop Meechukhun

Kathu, Phuket – A Chinese national and his Thai wife were arrested for illegally possessing a number of firearms in their residence following a police search on Friday, October 28th.

The official search was conducted following an investigation of the Chinese national, whose name was withheld by the authorities, who was reportedly showing off his weapons on social media.

Upon the search, a total of 18 firearms were found at the luxurious house of the couple. Most of them were BB guns but some were modified to be applicable with real ammunition, according to the authorities.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/10/30/chinese-national-and-thai-wife-arrested-for-reportedly-illegally-possessing-firearms-at-luxurious-house-in-phuket/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-10-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Soooo, I had a lot of firearms when in high school.  Am curious how BB guns can be .22 or higher adapted given the barrel construction for pressure between a BB gun and at the minimal a .22 cartridge.  In my day, 1/3rd of the HS pick up trucks had gun racks with guns in them in the school parking lot so you could go hunting right after school.  Nobody thought about about shooting up the school in '76.  My own guns in HS (bought from hours and hours working for Thrift Drug in the summer scooping ice cream and moping floors) were a Remington bolt action 7mm magnum rifle big game scope for deer and boar (you can see the shock wave), a Mossberg 12 gauge pump shotgun with 2 choke barrels, a Remington 1200 semi-automatic shotgun (probably the best they ever made), Mossberg .22 target rifle with big game scope (accurate as all hell from one hill to another with consistent dialed in ammunition), 5mm Remington rim fire rifle (small bullet, fast as hell), Ruger Mark 1 .22 pistol with target barrel (another great gun).  My buddies and I reloaded our own shotgun shells with our rotary shell loader while yakking on the phone at all hrs of the night.  My buddies and I were also the first in our HS to have calculators (even though we were pretty pretty slick on slide rules), we were in the top 8 kids to graduate and move on to college.  So ya, curious how the BIB saw these as a real threat unless just looking for $.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Soooo, I had a lot of firearms when in high school.  Am curious how BB guns can be .22 or higher adapted given the barrel construction for pressure between a BB gun and at the minimal a .22 cartridge.  In my day, 1/3rd of the HS pick up trucks had gun racks with guns in them in the school parking lot so you could go hunting right after school.  Nobody thought about about shooting up the school in '76.  My own guns in HS (bought from hours and hours working for Thrift Drug in the summer scooping ice cream and moping floors) were a Remington bolt action 7mm magnum rifle big game scope for deer and boar (you can see the shock wave), a Mossberg 12 gauge pump shotgun with 2 choke barrels, a Remington 1200 semi-automatic shotgun (probably the best they ever made), Mossberg .22 target rifle with big game scope (accurate as all hell from one hill to another with consistent dialed in ammunition), 5mm Remington rim fire rifle (small bullet, fast as hell), Ruger Mark 1 .22 pistol with target barrel (another great gun).  My buddies and I reloaded our own shotgun shells with our rotary shell loader while yakking on the phone at all hrs of the night.  My buddies and I were also the first in our HS to have calculators (even though we were pretty pretty slick on slide rules), we were in the top 8 kids to graduate and move on to college.  So ya, curious how the BIB saw these as a real threat unless just looking for $.  

Totally agree with you there about the gun racks in back of pickups, was just part of life and nobody shot of schools back then either - it's a problem with the psyche in society now and not an issue with access to guns.

Ghost guns are REAL new thing as ordering loose parts in the mail and just assembling them is very easy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Same here.