Pattaya: Brit and German had sex with underage girls - they paid 2,000 baht a time

webfact

On 11/1/2022 at 4:14 PM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

This is a sense of lightheartedness and lack of clear cut condemnation on recent topics like this that makes me wonder what sick stuff some who post here get up to. 

Its not just recent topics. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jdlancaster said:

you won't see me fighting in the street or "defaming" (Thai legal definition) organizations to do it.

I wanna hear the “Thai legal definition”. Because you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Magically thinks he has a better understanding of what is possible than multiple NGOs and Government agencies....

Are those the same NGOs that make money of this issue? The same NGOs whose sole raison d'etre is child prostitution? 

And of course I won’t search for anything. You’re the one who made an accusation, so we can expect you to provide hard evidence from a trusted source that this is indeed as widespread a problem as you claim it to be. Then I’d be the first one to admit you’re right. 

But as long as you don’t have much more to offer than anecdotal evidence and the claims from dubious NGOs, I will keep calling it nonsense. 

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sure? I also believed it was older and had been for many years. 

I am not aware that this has changed...  So, they can work in a bar at age 18 - but cannot drink until they are 20!

LABOUR PROTECTION ACT B.E. 2541 (1998)

Section 50

An Employer shall not require a young worker under eighteen years of age to work in the following places:

1. a slaughter house;
  2. a gambling place;
  3. a place for dancing, Ramwong or Rong Ngeng;
  4. a place of selling and serving food, liquor, tea or other beverages with a pleasing person to treat customers, or with a place for relaxing, or massage service for customers; or
  5. Other places as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations.

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

I am not aware that this has changed...  So, they can work in a bar at age 18 - but cannot drink until they are 20!

LABOUR PROTECTION ACT B.E. 2541 (1998)

Section 50

An Employer shall not require a young worker under eighteen years of age to work in the following places:

1. a slaughter house;
  2. a gambling place;
  3. a place for dancing, Ramwong or Rong Ngeng;
  4. a place of selling and serving food, liquor, tea or other beverages with a pleasing person to treat customers, or with a place for relaxing, or massage service for customers; or
  5. Other places as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations.

It might be better defined in Thai, but I read that as an 18 yo cannot work in a GGB for example. And where are these 'Ministerial Regulations'.... ? There used to be talk of this many years ago and it was always said the girls had to be 20+. 

40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It might be better defined in Thai, but I read that as an 18 yo cannot work in a GGB for example. And where are these 'Ministerial Regulations'.... ? There used to be talk of this many years ago and it was always said the girls had to be 20+. 

Signs outside bars often say 20+, i think ibar\insomnia checks

13 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

The Thai penal code. And I’m amazed how you guys “disagree” with something just to admit that you haven’t even read it. Bravo. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised about foreigners crying foul for their own failure to know the laws of their host country. 

So you can quote the exact sentence, phrase or paragraph in the Thai penal code, i would very much appreciate it?

9 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

I wanna hear the “Thai legal definition”. Because you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Are those the same NGOs that make money of this issue? The same NGOs whose sole raison d'etre is child prostitution? 

And of course I won’t search for anything. You’re the one who made an accusation, so we can expect you to provide hard evidence from a trusted source that this is indeed as widespread a problem as you claim it to be. Then I’d be the first one to admit you’re right. 

But as long as you don’t have much more to offer than anecdotal evidence and the claims from dubious NGOs, I will keep calling it nonsense. 

Defamation in Thailand is any insult or accusations… the truth doesn’t protect you. You don’t know that? You want me to insult a government organization lol…

you are giving me conspiracy theories on NGOs Lol. 

You say it is nonsense but won’t look lol.. ok. You have news reports… here is a list of peer reviewed journal articles lol… https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=thailand+online+child+prostitution+social+media++&btnG=

lol still not enough? Still won’t look yourself even though you believe it doesn’t exist and won’t be there lol.

Ok, man…. Live in your fairytale world…. The news is lieing, the ngos are lieing, the peer reviewed journal articles are lieing, the “anecdotal” advertising of children online that you can literally see yourself also fake…. My god ask a Tuk tuk driver in a border town…. You have fake outrage over something you say doesn’t exist…. You have called this news article nonsense (it says they were procured online) lol…. Must be a secret cabal of sex predators that only know? You in Qanon, pizza gate?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

The Thai penal code. And I’m amazed how you guys “disagree” with something just to admit that you haven’t even read it. Bravo. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised about foreigners crying foul for their own failure to know the laws of their host country. 

Personally I think the 2 guys are probably guilty, looking at the available evidence.

I am playing 'devils advocate' here.

If the 2 guys in question were led to believe and were shown proof, like ID cards etc, that the girls were, lets say 18, then it would be called 'mitigating circumstances' ?

I would be very surprised if it  says in the Thai Penal code, mitigating circumstances are irrelevant?  I cannot believe any country's penal code would say that? That is why I believe it would be relevant

11 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

If the 2 guys in question were led to believe and were shown proof, like ID cards etc, that the girls were, lets say 18, then it would be called 'mitigating circumstances' ?

Not according to the law. 

I would be very surprised if it  says in the Thai Penal code, mitigating circumstances are irrelevant?

It doesn’t say that.

I cannot believe any country's penal code would say that? That is why I believe it would be relevant

What’s relevant is what is in the law, not what’s not in the law. 

2 minutes ago, cocoonclub said:

It doesn’t say that.

You keep saying "the law", I assume you mean the Thai Penal Code? But you have yet to provide any proof, you are just whistling Dixie.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

You keep saying "the law", I assume you mean the Thai Penal Code? But you have yet to provide any proof, you are just whistling Dixie.

Its really quite simple all he has to do is quote the relevant law, with the reference Title, chapter etc and this discussion would be over?Instead he is going round in circles?????

Edited by Smokey and the Bandit
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, cocoonclub said:

It doesn’t say that.

"Not according to the law." What law, reference and quote? 

"It doesn’t say that." What does it say?

"What’s relevant is what is in the law, not what’s not in the law." What exactly is in the law?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

"Not according to the law." What law, reference and quote? 

"It doesn’t say that." What does it say?

"What’s relevant is what is in the law, not what’s not in the law." What exactly is in the law?

Law is whatever u get away with or who you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sure? I also believed it was older and had been for many years. 

A few years ago now, I remember being in a few Pattaya gogo bars that got raided for non-Thai workers and underage.  The only girls taken away were the non-Thais and those under 18.  That's if they hadn't already escaped when the raid tip-off alarm was raised!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

There are literally sections dedicated to mitigating circumstances lol. Aggravating and mitigating circumstances literally also written into each law, lol.(e.g. agreeing to marry the girl) Coccoclub is just making things up lol.

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-principals-and-supporters-sections-87-89/

Section 89. Mitigating Circumstances

If there are the circumstance personal to any offender so as to excluded, reduce or increase the punishment, such circumstances personal shall not be applied to any other offender for committing such offence. But the circumstances so as to exclude, reduce or increase the punishment as circumstances relating to the nature of the offence, it shall be applied to every offender involving the commission of the offence.

• Thanks 2

On 11/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, swm59nj said:

So if they looked older that’s an excuse? Seems like trying to justify it with excuses. I’m sure the people interested knew the ages.  And I’m sure that is what they were looking and paying for

I'm sure you are 5'10" tall, have green eyes, enjoy snooker and cabbage.
I just know. Don't ask me how. 

• Haha 1

There are literally sections dedicated to mitigating circumstances lol. Aggravating and mitigating circumstances literally also written into each law, lol.(e.g. agreeing to marry the girl) Coccoclub is just making things up lol.

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-principals-and-supporters-sections-87-89/

If there are the circumstance personal to any offender so as to excluded, reduce or increase the punishment, such circumstances personal shall not be applied to any other offender for committing such offence. But the circumstances so as to exclude, reduce or increase the punishment as circumstances relating to the nature of the offence, it shall be applied to every offender involving the commission of the offence.

That's exactly what I figured. The fact that he is unable to actually answer anything at all is I suppose a giveaway!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Quite so, but that doesn't stop people doing it?

You can pretty much get fake anything in Thailand?

It was sarcasm my good man.

In case you haven't been following, we are discussing underage trafficking. Why would the purveyors of children for sex stop at issuing fake ID?  

2 hours ago, jdlancaster said:

Totally agree, maybe he's a troll?