Anyone used Shelter.golobal or similar companies for a visa and work permit?

4 minutes ago, john smith said:

A Who is search shows the country as Iceland and the phone number as 354 4212434. All other information is redacted

A domain privacy service is used, so there is no reliable contact information.

The domain was first registered in April 2019, and a brief search does not reveal any obvious related domains.

Mark McGinn appears to have been an ex pat in Chiang Mai for many years (I think about 20 years) but with nothing publically known about him positive or negative. He has a LinkedIn page. This suggests that his main job may be working remotely for elitRecruiter Inc (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/elitrecruiter) apparently owned by Luke McGinn (presumably a relative).

This is all very murky. If I was considering working with Mark, I would want to know a lot more. Obviously, unless you want to work with Thai clients, using services like this is, not only expensive, but usually pointless. Digital nomads not working for Thai companies and without Thai clients are tolerated (albeit often not technically legal) without work permits. If wanting to stay long term, a Thailand Elite membership is much cheaper if you do not qualify for anything else.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

A domain privacy service is used, so there is no reliable contact information.

The domain was first registered in April 2019, and a brief search does not reveal any obvious related domains.

Mark McGinn appears to have been an ex pat in Chiang Mai for many years (I think about 20 years) but with nothing publically known about him positive or negative. He has a LinkedIn page. This suggests that his main job may be working remotely for elitRecruiter Inc (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/elitrecruiter) apparently owned by Luke McGinn (presumably a relative).

This is all very murky. If I was considering working with Mark, I would want to know a lot more. Obviously, unless you want to work with Thai clients, using services like this is, not only expensive, but usually pointless. Digital nomads not working for Thai companies and without Thai clients are tolerated (albeit often not technically legal) without work permits. If wanting to stay long term, a Thailand Elite membership is much cheaper if you do not qualify for anything else.

Is this similar to a previous 'agency' which organized contacts of employment, work permits etc., but actual work was at the site of another company, and the 'agency took 20%, 25% - can't remember, of the salary and the 'employee' was responsibe for all costs?  

49 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Is this similar to a previous 'agency' which organized contacts of employment, work permits etc., but actual work was at the site of another company, and the 'agency took 20%, 25% - can't remember, of the salary and the 'employee' was responsibe for all costs?  

Correction. Should be  '... contract of employment... '

17 hours ago, BKKrunaway said:

can't find much about these guys online?

Then don't use them.

Is it possible to contact an agent thats established within Thailand, email them with your needs for a Visa.  They could do it or point you in the right direction. 

Good luck. 

• 1 month later...