Naked British man caught wandering around beach on Samui Island

webfact

12 hours ago, roo860 said:

Well if you live in Thailand,  you certainly don't become invisible, you stand out like a sore thumb. Unless of course you're one these foreigners who make out to be more Thai than Thais.

Sorry, don´t understand what you are trying to say. More Thai than Thais??? Why would I try to be that, and would that be possible? I am very sorry to read that you fell you stand out like a sore thumb. Must be horrible, if you live in Thailand. To answer, Yes I live in Thailand, and I speak Thai to my neighbours. If they see me first it comes a happy Good Morning in English followed by a smile. After that they speak to me, and look at me, as one of them who lived here for many years now.

Another example, when I go to the market, no one is lifting an eye when I walk by. There are no children in the whole city who points at me and say farang. The only thing I have done to achieve that is to smile back at them, be polite, joke with them and talk to them. You see how easy it can be. You should try it some time. 

12 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Another "only gay in the village", "more Thai than you" type.

Bingo!

No, he does not hate foreigners. I am one myself in this country. I only dislike the ones that are acting stupid, behave bad and creates problems. Unfortunately, the bigger part of them are Brits. That´s just a fact.

First, I hope you are not calling me out to be gay, right? Because that is far from the truth. You can come and ask my wife. If you mean guy, then you are far off there as well. I am not trying to be Thai. However, I am polite, show them respect and associate with them. Probably a big contribution to why I feel so great here in Thailand..

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

First, I hope you are not calling me out to be gay, right? Because that is far from the truth. You can come and ask my wife.

It's a reference to a Little Britain character who would complain about being "the only gay in the village", yet when anyone suggested that he associate with other gays, or that other people in the village were gay, he would react negatively and refuse to acknowledge them.  He would complain about it, but he was clearly very attached to the idea of being the only gay in the village.  It's an analogy for someone who wants to be seen as special or individual and is threatened by the presence of others similar to them.

I am not accusing you of being gay, nor do I have any issue with gay people.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...