Paul Pelosi: Who is spreading false claims about attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband?

Scott

On 11/6/2022 at 1:12 PM, SunnyinBangrak said:

yes indeed Bruce. The left spent 4 years claiming Trump was an illegitimate President, and then completely lost their minds when Trump gave them a dose of their own medicine. I'd say that makes both parties about equal in that respect, not sure why the forum left dwell on election denialism seeing as their own team started the whole thing off in the first place.

Small summary of some of the more prominent democrat election deniers, people like Maxine Waters, Jerry Nadler, Hillary, Bernie etc - to refresh your memory and keep a sense of perspective in this discussion.

https://vpm.org/news/articles/36184/politifact-va-democrats-questioned-validity-of-2016-election-but-not-how-votes

Still playing silly word games now. As the article notes

"The Democrats, while questioning events that occurred during the campaign, didn’t contend there was widespread vote-counting fraud that flipped the election

The Democratic leaders cited by Youngkin’s office also made a distinction about 2016 that Trump and his followers did not about 2020. While the Democrats rejected the legitimacy of Trump’s presidency based on the oddities of the campaign, they acknowledged that he won the election."

As the article points out "illegitimate" has a different meanings when applied to Trump by Democrats than when applied to Biden by Trump supporters. There were a vanishing few Democrats who questioned the validity of Trump's election, but a big majority of Republicans in the House refused to certify Biden's election.

There was no mass movement involved. No lunacy about voting machines. No 60+ rejected attempts in the courts to overturn the election.  Unlike Trump, no constant whining from Clinton that the 2016 election was a fraud based on a vast conspiracy. Basically, across 4 years a few scattered examples. Whereas among the Republicans it has been a mass movement and a case of mass delusion:

Poll: 61% of Republicans still believe Biden didn’t win fair and square in 2020

"Nearly a third of Americans — including six-in-10 Republicans — continue to hold the debunked belief that President Joe Biden didn’t win the 2020 presidential election legitimately, according to a new Monmouth University poll released the day before the House Jan. 6 Committee holds its latest public hearing. 

Twenty-nine percent of all respondents, as well as 61% of Republicans, say that Biden won due to voter fraud. 

That’s compared with 63% of all Americans who say Biden won fair and square in 2020, and those results are fairly consistent with Monmouth’s previous polls on this question over the past two years. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/poll-61-republicans-still-believe-biden-didnt-win-fair-square-2020-rcna49630

And by the way, Trump even managed to be a sore winner. He claimed that he won the popular vote in 2016! So he even questioned the legitimacy of that election.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dotcalm said:

And this has what to do with:

"Paul Pelosi: Who is spreading false claims about attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband?"......

Except nothing but your trivial attempts at spin and obfuscation"

You are slipping, try to keep up.

FWIW: I do not read the juvenile & gossipy self satiating conspiracies you troll the internet in search of. Enjoy it, to each his own.

And yet you question why the tapes have been held back? You might ask the defendant's lawyers who don't want them released either.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2022 at 9:33 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I find it odd that a seasoned news reporter at NBC got it so wrong. Makes one wonder who got it right and who is telling an altered version. Either way Pelosi was attacked and the moments leading up to that don't change the end result but, but....you have to admit it makes for curiosity.

You find it odd that on a breaking story a seasoned reporter gets it wrong? And clearly,  by "odd", you mean "suspicious". I'm going to go out on a very long limb here and say that the video is going to debunk all the right wing nonsense about the attack on Paul Pelosi.

And on a very short limb to say that this won't satisfy the crowd who believes that the video is part of a cover-up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candide said:

I suspect the conspiracy theorists will be a little quieter now after seeing this horrific footage. Personally I'd say they've got some apologies to post. Shame on everyone of them who cast doubt and spread lies. This was a sick attack and Paul is still recovering after all this time.

No doubt some further idiotic questions will be raised by the usual suspects.

New updated OP here

https://aseannow.com/topic/1284762-court-releases-video-of-attack-on-paul-pelosi

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I suspect the conspiracy theorists will be a little quieter now after seeing this horrific footage. Personally I'd say they've got some apologies to post. Shame on everyone of them who cast doubt and spread lies. This was a sick attack and Paul is still recovering after all this time.

No doubt some further idiotic questions will be raised by the usual suspects.

New updated OP here

https://aseannow.com/topic/1284762-court-releases-video-of-attack-on-paul-pelosi

You're not suggesting that folks aren't allowed to question anything are you? This video could have been shown from the start.

It was pretty savage, but the one question that was asked before was Who opened the door? I've only watched a few times but why does PP have a glass in his left hand? huh

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

You find it odd that on a breaking story a seasoned reporter gets it wrong? And clearly,  by "odd", you mean "suspicious". I'm going to go out on a very long limb here and say that the video is going to debunk all the right wing nonsense about the attack on Paul Pelosi.

And on a very short limb to say that this won't satisfy the crowd who believes that the video is part of a cover-up.

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

You're not suggesting that folks aren't allowed to question anything are you? This video could have been shown from the start.

It was pretty savage, but the one question that was asked before was Who opened the door? I've only watched a few times but why does PP have a glass in his left hand? huh

No need for an additional comment.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You seem to have self identified. Up to you, I suggest you look at some of the blatant lies told in this thread. Regards you, your prediction was wrong anyway. Enjoy your desperation to figure out a glass in a hand.

image.png.59f8c75b8a1422ac1af0a84e397e8425.png

Did you watch the video? Maybe I'm missing something but how did the door open? It's a legit question.

This video could have been shown from the start.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Did you watch the video? Maybe I'm missing something but how did the door open? It's a legit question.

Did you watch the video?

Yes thanks, videos don't have xray vision to see through doors...................Paul or the attacker who cares. It will be in the court transcripts to come.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Thank you for confirming my prediction. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly. At any rate, it's obvious: NANCY PELOSI opened the door!

Or, and this is probably impossible, Paul Pelosi opened the door with his right hand and then quickly went back to holding on to the hammer. I realize that this explanation is utterly unsatisfying to some and therefore,  should be disregarded.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thank you for confirming my prediction. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly. At any rate, it's obvious: NANCY PELOSI opened the door!

Or, and this is probably impossible, Paul Pelosi opened the door with his right hand and then quickly went back to holding on to the hammer. I realize that this explanation is utterly unsatisfying to some and therefore,  should be disregarded.

I only know what the video shows. The door seems to magically open up with PP holding the hammer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

The door seems to magically open up with PP holding the hammer.

You are every third rate magician's idea of an ideal audience.

What we see is that video captures the door when it was already part way open.

And to your way of thinking, it's likely that the police who entered managed either not to see who it really was who opened the door or did see and aren't telling.

29 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You are every third rate magician's idea of an ideal audience.

What we see is that video captures the door when it was already part way open.

And to your way of thinking, it's likely that the police who entered managed either not to see who it really was who opened the door or did see and aren't telling.

Your take on the door is inaccurate. Video was shown cops walking up and rapping on door. Video doesn't start with open door.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Your take on the door is inaccurate. Video was shown cops walking up and rapping on door. Video doesn't start with open door.

Why this obsession about who opened the door, considering the evidence already accumulated?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You're correct. Which still proves what? That he couldn't have tugged on the door and moved back swiftly to get his hand on the hammer?

Is there any evidence of a sighting of another person? Did the closed circuit cameras catch sight of anyone else? 

Any indication that his legal team has plans to mention another party?

You're the person who predicted that this whole affair would be stifled. Now that that hasn't happened, does that argue against your case at all?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You're correct. Which still proves what? That he couldn't have tugged on the door and moved back swiftly to get his hand on the hammer?

Is there any evidence of a sighting of another person? Did the closed circuit cameras catch sight of anyone else? 

Any indication that his legal team has plans to mention another party?

You're the person who predicted that this whole affair would be stifled. Now that that hasn't happened, does that argue against your case at all?

Ever seen anybody ever admit that their pet conspiracy theory was incorrect? Neither have I.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I only know what the video shows. The door seems to magically open up with PP holding the hammer.

No, the sound on the Fox News video indicates the police knocked on the door at about 20 seconds into the video, then the police officer and his camera turn around and sweep the area.  When the camera is back on the door at about 40 seconds in the door is swinging open with Paul Pelosi close enough so that he could easily have been the one who opened the door and stepped back to put an hand on the hammer.

Nothing magic about it.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 4:39 PM, JonnyF said:

Or maybe I have done nothing of the sort and you are creating a straw man while attempting to slur me with the MAGA label, simply because you cannot present a coherent argument to disprove any of my perfectly logical and legitimate points.

How has reality treated your "perfectly logical and legitimate points"?

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 6:15 AM, Atlantis said:

@Scott

I'm glad you posted the BBC's view on this Scott, as it aptly demonstrates their slow slide into US-style irrelevance in recent years. (Something I genuinely think its a pity.)

Elsewhere in a parallel universe, a decent news platform with the reputation and reach (and thus responsibility) of the BBC might have mentioned that some other supposedly trustworthy news outlets in the US played a role in early misinformation. CBS was one, and Politico was another brazen example.  [Thank you to the BM who posted a screen grab of the before and after of the article with Politico pretending their mistake had never happened. Pathetic]

Instead, it's the tired old line about some fringe 'far-right' (never far-left, mind you) group somewhere on 'the internet' saying something silly - and the good old establishment media couldn't possibly be responsible for misreporting the facts related to the actual crime while using up all their journalistic energy salivating over the supposed link to Trump or MAGA or QAnon or Republicans or something.

Sad.

Nothing required those loons to keep crediting those disavowed reports.

2 hours ago, rabas said:

DePape opened the door, probably at Pelosi's request.  You can see his hand retract from the door handle area then travel underneath Pelosi's right arm. He then places his hand at his side, only later on the hammer and Pelosi's right hand  (also on hammer), Look at the bottom of the door, DePape's feet are at the exact distance required for the door to swing open.

Note Pelosi's demeanor.  He first stares as DePape (som nam na) then to the police and begins smiling as if humored. The whole time Pelosi is carrying a glass in his left hand.

DePape had been in the house just over 21 minutes.

Looks like Pelosi, an intelligent man, was working hard to keep the situation with a crazy as relaxed as possible after having called the police unbeknownst to  DePape. Pelosi's demeanor is understandable as he had just outwitted a crazy guy threatening him. Unfortunately, this likely triggered the hammer attack, which likely would have happened at some point without the police.

Nothing inconsistent with the reported news.

Your scenario sounds good, I'll have another look.