Need to trim a 13 second video. Can anyone help?

Dario

A small device I bought on Shopee doesn't work. The seller's admin asked to send them a video. I did that. My video is just 13 seconds, measures 90 MB. But only videos up to 30 MB are allowed. How can I trim this video for free?

Can anyone help? Any help is very much appreciated!

if you have an Android phone then open the Gallery, then this video, and check the "three dots" menu while the video is open. Some phones have a function to shrink or trim a large video.

If there is no such option then you could lower the video quality in any video editor on the computer, I personally use this one https://shotcut.org/ although it might be too complex for such a simple job.

yea Avidemux should be easier  https://sourceforge.net/projects/avidemux/files/avidemux/2.8.1/

Edited by fdsa

Yes, trimming is not going to work. Instead you need to re-compress it.

Easiest is VLC (videolan.org) which is also an excellent video player.

In top menu, select Convert / Stream. Then choose your original file, and resize the video, lower the frame rate, possibly remove the audio, and set the bitrate like 1000 kbps (which is plenty). Then export to a new file, which you then share. It should only be a couple of MB in size.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why not buy a decent software and use it ? These applications are not that expensive anymore and you would be ready for any other future use - provided you choose a software not based on a rental model (unfortunately many are now only available like this)

I assume you have a Windows based system. Of course the minimum requirements need to be checked beforehand and then you can buy it online via download. If this is OK, you could choose for example "Corel Video Studio". This is what I use in its 2019 version right now.

5 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

It should only be a couple of MB in size.

Indeed.

Just download a youtube "shorts" with length of 8 seconds in 1080p (HD resolution).

3.54 MB. Scaled to 13 sec this would be about 5.7 MB !

What hell machine produced 90 MB for 13 sec?

It that some uncompressed or 8k or ?

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Indeed.

Just download a youtube "shorts" with length of 8 seconds in 1080p (HD resolution).

3.54 MB. Scaled to 13 sec this would be about 5.7 MB !

What hell machine produced 90 MB for 13 sec?

It that some uncompressed or 8k or ?

Maybe used iPhone with ProRes enabled?

image.png.07bf8763b9f66db1ca656fa07198057f.png

• 10 months later...
15 hours ago, Pinokio420 said:

Need a recommendation for a PC tool for video editing. Need to cut a few different videos and merge them into one. 

You could try

http://www.dvdvideomedia.com/download.html

and / or 

factory format

FormatFactory - Download (lo4d.com)

Have fun with these two, as I use them both.

Win

On 9/19/2023 at 7:19 AM, Pinokio420 said:

Need a recommendation for a PC tool for video editing. Need to cut a few different videos and merge them into one. 

You can use this video cutter. It's very intuitive and easy to use for editing videos. It's supports all video formats and also can reduce file size if you also need this.