New Law to allow falang ownership of land

54 minutes ago, prchunter said:

First off from my limited research locals prefer to buy land and build houses over buying condo's which are perceived by locals as expensive.  (This is why it's difficult to sell 2nd hand Condo's even in prime Bangkok locations, but that's another topic). 

Agree. Every Thai workers who worked in my condo said they had already bought or would buy only houses. Not condo. I think most Thais (if they have money after buying houses) buy condo as an investment for rental properties.

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

40 mill, 80 mill.. you're talking telephone numbers here that non or very, very few on this forum have access to this kind of cash...

Quite so, even if they did, who in their right mind would invest that much money knowing that the Thai government could change their mind again next month, or they could be kicked out of the country?

• Thumbs Up 1

If I had that sort of money I would be waiting for the US RE bubble to burst and looking at coastal property in US - Florida. Property here is still 30-50% overpriced. Even with the US X rate around 38 it's barely an incentive. The only positive thing I can think of is lack of property taxes. But in the end it will never happen, be too much hassle to maintain or have the rug pulled out like last time in the 00s. Remember? Of course not ????

On 11/4/2022 at 7:16 AM, nobodysfriend said:

When I was young , I was poor , but more happy than today .

Now , being old , I own too much ... too much I have to care for .

That means I have to spend a lot of precious time to keep things ( in good condition ) .

I would prefer to spend this time on something else .

" Downsizing " is the word for me now . Just what I really need . And not too much . Time is becoming more precious the older you get .

And I do not want to waste it caring for ' things ' .

Well said.

Happy to pay the premium for renting to avoid owner's corporation meetings and the pains of selling when moving.

• Thumbs Up 1