Travelling from pattaya to Koh Samui

When we lived in Samui, we used to use Air Asia out of Surat. It did swallow alot of hours. But, it was kind of fun to deny BA those tickets, which are very over priced. Sometimes we got super deals as low as 200 baht to Bkk and same with the return trip. Fortunately, Surat Airport is not a worthless airport like Hua Hin, which barely ever sees an airplane. 

• Like 1

There is a new Seahorse Cruise route that connects Pattaya directly with Koh Samui for 2500 THB and up depending on what kind of seat/room you want. 

Sleep on the ferry overnight and you'll wake up in beautiful Samui.

www.spcruise.com, if you book directly through their Facebook page you can get set up with a trip over.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

When we lived in Samui, we used to use Air Asia out of Surat. It did swallow alot of hours. But, it was kind of fun to deny BA those tickets, which are very over priced. Sometimes we got super deals as low as 200 baht to Bkk and same with the return trip. Fortunately, Surat Airport is not a worthless airport like Hua Hin, which barely ever sees an airplane. 

so i should search for air asia from pattaya to surat and then ferry to koh samui?

Just now, parafareno said:

so i should search for air asia from pattaya to surat and then ferry to koh samui?

Bangkok - Don Mueang to Koh Samui - Nathon Pier Seatrans Ferry
there are two options: via Nakorn Si Thamarat or via Surat Thani.

Edited by orchis

9 hours ago, parafareno said:

Do you have to book airline ticket in advance

Highly recommended. Their best fares seem well booked.

And best fares means at least 6000 Baht for return flight.

Easy to go over 10000.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

There is a new Seahorse Cruise route that connects Pattaya directly with Koh Samui for 2500 THB and up depending on what kind of seat/room you want. 

www.spcruise.com, if you book directly through their Facebook page you can get set up with a trip over.

I tried to book online from there website for December,first of all website still under construction,second booking only via phone,third no schedule for december yet,also 2500bt per person is not really a bargain,2000bt for the car I would swollow .For 3 people with car 9500bt oneway,wow.Also they seem to have problems with their ship,it broke down a few weeks ago

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

I thought they stopped?

RAZZ

Agree, there is not a single flight other than BangkokAir.

This was a shortlived thing sometime before Covid and tickets were as overpriced as with PG.

If I counted correct it's 17 arrivals with PG from different routes today.

Quite busy.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

I would take a flight instead, about same price and some 15 hours shorter travelling time...:whistling:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maha Sarakham said:

In most cases I would agree, although bringing the car or bike down from Pattaya, it seems like a decent option instead of driving the whole way down.

Indeed, but I understood the opening question was about air-travel...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I would never fly out of UTP/Pattaya airport!  Fares are about triple or more compared from Bangkok airports!

Considering that Bangkok is only 1.5 hours away on a comfortable airconditioned bus for only 150 baht or so, it's a no brainer to always fly out of one of the two Bangkok airports!

Edited by CanadaSam
Spell-check.