Translating GrabFood ?

Baron Samedi

They don't want the business.  They could offer a sort by English menu button with virtually no programming effort but they don't.   

You can use their online site with Chrome and Google Translate the page, although logging in to see the prices is annoying as you must use a phone access code each time.  It is the easiest way though.

https://food.grab.com/th/en/?utm_source=grab.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=hero-banner-food-product&pid=Grab.com&c=hero-banner

Edited by ricklev
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 6:16 AM, bunnydrops said:

Google Lens

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.ar.lens&hl=en_US&gl=US

I use it to read menus and articles. Just point the phone at the print, no need to take picture. Also for Iphone.  

That requires two phones, doesn't it, one that shows the menu and another to point at it and translate?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

11 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:
50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That requires two phones, doesn't it, one that shows the menu and another to point at it and translate?

No, point the phone at the text and see it in English on the phone screen. Be amazed.

I'd be more amazed to know how to point the phone that the menu is displayed on at the app that is on that same phone!

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'd be more amazed to know how to point the phone that the menu is displayed on at the app that is on that same phone!

OK, maybe I don't understand how you are getting this menu on Grab as I have never used it. This is how I have used Google Len on similar apps. If the menu comes as a photo, I just open it in Google photos, click the Lens button, and then translate. If on the other hand, it comes in another format, I do a screen capture, open in Google photos, click Lens, translate.

• Like 1