Portable Air Conditioners In Thailand

frenchfarangjomtien

• 11 years later...

Good day,

reviving this thread to see if any have comments, reviews or suggestions regarding portable air conditioners.

We would like to get a single hose unit, so one that uses interior air as intake for cooling, then expelling hot air thru the hose.

8000BTU is the size I think we need, not a large space and we already have wall units, this is just additional capacity. I have seen a number of LG units, and I have had great experience with LG wall/compressor units that came with my condo a decade ago, not sure if they still make them as good as they did, or if their portables are any good.

Any comment s appreciated, cheers

1 hour ago, kuma said:

Good day,

reviving this thread to see if any have comments, reviews or suggestions regarding portable air conditioners.

We would like to get a single hose unit, so one that uses interior air as intake for cooling, then expelling hot air thru the hose.

8000BTU is the size I think we need, not a large space and we already have wall units, this is just additional capacity. I have seen a number of LG units, and I have had great experience with LG wall/compressor units that came with my condo a decade ago, not sure if they still make them as good as they did, or if their portables are any good.

Any comment s appreciated, cheers

bought this one for 7,000-8000 baht a few years back from Thaiwatsadu  ...  works fine, I think it was about 12,000 btu if I remember correct.  But don't forget they have a water tray at the bottom that needs to be emptied or run the drip hose to a drain.  The brand is Accord .... 

image.png.d4ce4501e1d4004945804b34e6e162fe.png

image.png.a4df44688f64bcb0049495498056fa5b.png

Edited by steven100
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:31 PM, steven100 said:

For a small room this would be fine imo ....  7,890 baht ...  Hisense is a middle range brand. 

image.png.213d5c2a941ae753616f4721098afdef.png

Hey Steve, thanks. Actually did some looking around today and saw AJ, Midea, Aconatic and Gree units,. Did not see Hisense or Accord. Do they both have compressors and a BTU rating? I will check online for more info myself. Emptying water is a no biggie..as I say this will be an additional unit to supplement the wall mounted we have now so it will not have a big workload.

Thanks for taking the time to upload the details.

6 hours ago, kuma said:

Hey Steve, thanks. Actually did some looking around today and saw AJ, Midea, Aconatic and Gree units,. Did not see Hisense or Accord. Do they both have compressors and a BTU rating? I will check online for more info myself. Emptying water is a no biggie..as I say this will be an additional unit to supplement the wall mounted we have now so it will not have a big workload.

Thanks for taking the time to upload the details.

yes, they have compressors,  not sure what size your room is but I would not go for an 8000 btu, it's just to small. I would minimum go for 9000,  but I got the 12000 BTU because I wanted to make sure it cools the whole room and it does. I haven't hear good about Aconatic & AJ brands.  Midea & Gree are middle class brands.  I found a could on the Thaiwatsadu website ...  but possible old ads and not up to date. anyway :

image.png.a37722e4c4a0af1f9aa2383436589130.png

https://www.thaiwatsadu.com/th/product/เครื่องปรับอากาศเคลื่อนที่-ACCORD-รุ่น-AC-12NPB-ขนาด-12,000-BTU-สีขาว-60264109?cate=630202

If you go onto their webpage you can click on ' see branches where this model is available ' in the bottom right corner and it tells you what stores have and how far from you.   You could go and check some out ......

image.png.e31869db6e9d64008874636552c5f323.png

Edited by steven100
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes, they have compressors,  not sure what size your room is but I would not go for an 8000 btu, it's just to small. I would minimum go for 9000,  but I got the 12000 BTU because I wanted to make sure it cools the whole room and it does. I haven't hear good about Aconatic & AJ brands.  Midea & Gree are middle class brands.  I found a could on the Thaiwatsadu website ...  but possible old ads and not up to date. anyway :

image.png.a37722e4c4a0af1f9aa2383436589130.png

https://www.thaiwatsadu.com/th/product/เครื่องปรับอากาศเคลื่อนที่-ACCORD-รุ่น-AC-12NPB-ขนาด-12,000-BTU-สีขาว-60264109?cate=630202

If you go onto their webpage you can click on ' see branches where this model is available ' in the bottom right corner and it tells you what stores have and how far from you.   You could go and check some out ......

image.png.e31869db6e9d64008874636552c5f323.png

Cheers will drop by our local Watsadu and see what they have in stock