Why do Thai people giggle when I tell them I'm about to go visit Isaan ?

Baron Samedi

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Don't get into personal talk with service personnel, it lowers your social standing.

You can keep your social standing, I'll talk to whomsoever I please. My Dad was a taxi driver, it's an honest profession, so why should I be ashamed to talk to a Thai cabbie?

ps. A Thai business man is the last person in the world I aspire to be like.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Jesus wept, you're worried about social standing? Here's a newsflash - farangs have none. That is why Thais call us farangs.

The only standing foreigners have here is based on the size of one's wallet, nothing else. Although I suppose someone who speaks perfect Thai might get a bit more respect.

Take a look at how Thais treat their elderly, then compare it with how elderly foreigners are treated.

as soon as a farang is granted Thai citizenship he is immediately conferred the status of Khun Ying. Don't believe me? Just ask Neeranam ????

• Haha 1

No Thai person with any money moves to Issan, but if you manage to make money in Issan you leave pretty quickly.

Also the same way UK people giggle when you say you are going to Thailand, the driver knows that you are probably looking / or have a wife and wonders why you choose to find one in Issan. Its certainly wouldnt be a Thai persons first choice.

Edited by ed strong
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Foek said:

Lots of trailer trash out there.

Lived with a Udon woman for 2 years and all she could talk about was money money money.

Better stick to the North.

That is a very big brush you have. Stereotyping all women of the NE from your experience with one. Hope she got her money's worth.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

You can keep your social standing, I'll talk to whomsoever I please. My Dad was a taxi driver, it's an honest profession, so why should I be ashamed to talk to a Thai cabbie?

ps. A Thai business man is the last person in the world I aspire to be like.

Yes, yes and yes !

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

And you kept refusing. No wonder she kept talking about money...????

Taking care a woman without a job and  her 2 kids during covid without having income self and help her set up a company ?

Never enough. Sorry maybe they not all like that but most people i know had bad experience with Isarn ladies.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, GarryP said:

That is a very big brush you have. Stereotyping all women of the NE from your experience with one. Hope she got her money's worth.

She got it , i set up a company for her and she was making more money then me , but still not enough.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Foek said:

She got it , i set up a company for her and she was making more money then me , but still not enough.

That is because she had to work instead of sitting on her tush while the money was handed to her and she was fed grapes by the peasants. Sound like you had a Isaan version of a Jewish American Princess......

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, Foek said:

Taking care a woman without a job and  her 2 kids during covid without having income self and help her set up a company ?

Never enough. Sorry maybe they not all like that but most people i know had bad experience with Isarn ladies.

It could be you. Most people won't keep asking if you set firm limits.