600,000 baht for 12 months

georgegeorgia

18 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

What is fake wife?

A woman you hang out with, costs you money, time. No sex or love.

A girlfriend you never entirely commit to.

A woman far hotter than you could marry. Take her out, buy her shi+, feed the cow and once ever few months you get a terrible bj.

2 minutes ago, Laphroaig27 said:

A woman you hang out with, costs you money, time. No sex or love.

A girlfriend you never entirely commit to.

A woman far hotter than you could marry. Take her out, buy her shi+, feed the cow and once ever few months you get a terrible bj.

Sounds like lots of western marriages

My Isaan life cost me on average 30k a month, spending about 800k + on food, wine, travelling, car, motorbikes and insurance. This is Thailand expenses, not working related travel and living expenses related to work, or visiting family home.

Edited by Hummin
  • Love It 1

I am just grateful that, no matter how much I might spend, I have enough to eat, a bed to sleep, and an 8000-watt shower to keep me feeling fresh.

For me, pleasure in life boils down to:

a. Not feeling hungry.

b. Not feeling dirty.

c. Not feeling either too cold or too hot.

d. Having something to read in order to divert my attention from the impending Armageddon.

e. Dreaming about past loves of my life, in detail.

f.  Listening to the pigeons cooing around here, almost incessantly.

What more could one ask from life?

• Like 1

Just now, Boomer6969 said:

Based on the local UN  who employ several thousands op people here. And welcome thousands of missions every year.

Yet it is massively wrong. Ive been to all these places. A good room in Krabi right now is $33aus. Im in HH. Got a good room for $27aus. Nice food for 60 to 80 baht a plate.

The link you posted has no credibility.

Just now, Boomer6969 said:

Didn't say it was good, we used to complained is was too low,  so we were allowed to post a separate bill for "official  entertaining".

How does it cost $190 a day for basic living in Thailand? Unless basic living is 4.5 star hotels and steaks which maybe the UN staff have. Look at their gross spending.

My $27a room includes free coffee and toast all day long. The UN must have choosen the big brand name hotels to stay at given they dont pay themselves.

35 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:
  • Family of four estimated monthly costs are 59,496฿ without rent.
  • A single person estimated monthly costs are 16,647฿ without rent.
  • Hua Hin is 27.27% less expensive than Bangkok (without rent).
  • Rent in Hua Hin is, on average, 41.90% lower than in Bangkok.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Hua-Hin

If a single person's estimated monthly costs are 16,647 Baht, without rent, that means at least 50% of the Thai population can't afford to live in their own country! Those figures are for Westerners and are the product of western perceptions of how much westerners need to live in Thailand, maintaining a semblance of their Western standard of living.

7 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

How does it cost $190 a day for basic living in Thailand? Unless basic living is 4.5 star hotels and steaks which maybe the UN staff have. Look at their gross spending.

Yes, that's correct but is pretty standard.  And I expect a similar standard when I have a holiday. My backpacking  have been over for 40 years.

3 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yes, that's correct but is pretty standard.  And I expect a similar standard when I have a holiday. My backpacking  have been over for 40 years.

That's quite different from saying it's not possible to holiday here for 2,000 baht per day.

3 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

That's quite different from saying it's not possible to holiday here for 2,000 baht per day.

You can't have a holiday, but you can stay/survive. Tell be what sort of activity you can finance with 2000 THB after you've paid food and lodging. Especially in Thailand, in Ecuador maybe, as you can go hiking.

3 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

You can't have a holiday, but you can stay/survive. Tell be what sort of activity you can finance with 2000 THB after you've paid food and lodging. Especially in Thailand, in Ecuador maybe, as you can go hiking.

I personally wouldn't try and have a holiday here on 2,000 baht a day but I'm older  now and am used to a good standard of living. When I was 17 I frequently hitch hiked around Europe and slept on beaches for much less than that and it was great fun. Younger people can easily do it, so can people who have not been accustomed to living the same way that we do. I think that's the whole point of this discussion, there is no fixed amount, it's variable based on a range of factors.