What it costs to live in Thailand, on a budget ?

Social Media

On 7/2/2023 at 5:18 PM, xylophone said:

I probably spend about 25,000 baht a month on wine and port, although it used to be quite a bit more until I cut back a wee bit.

I've been studying, collecting and drinking wine now for 50 years and I can tell the difference between a poor bottle and a good bottle, and I only drink red wine anyway, including port (Portuguese of course).

I do store my wine in a temperature controlled wine fridge which holds up to about 30 bottles plus, however I don't decant them although I do let them breathe before I pour them, and I do prefer wines with a little bottle age

To cover the points in the following post, I do try and match the food with the wine, however I have moved to the wines with a bit more body these days, like for example an Appasimento from Apulia, and I do like a good Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz from Australia, and just recently I discovered an absolutely wonderful wine from California, the like of which I have not experienced before, which totally surprised me.

Always open to try new wines and I once discovered a great wine from Bulgaria, as well as one from the Lebanon, so I have an open mind with regards to wine, but I know what I like......and always red! 

I like a nice wine from the shaded southern side of a french vineyard, preferably red but white will do.

Anything less than 200 baht a bottle is a result...

• Sad 1

I've been living in Pattaya for the past 20 years, I own my own property and rarely eat out away from my condo. I've noticed the biggest increase besides pork is beer in bars. I go out when I want to but do most of my drinking in my condo and I do drink less.

I like your style. If you're going die of alcohol do it in style!

"I probably spend about 25,000 baht a month on wine and port, although it used to be quite a bit more until I cut back a wee bit."

When I was drinking in '80s I drank this. Only $ 30-35/bottle by case.

https://www.veuveclicquot.com/en-int

Some rich people I knew said "We wash floors with that..."

Didn't bother me I had cheap taste ????