MG EV

zoolander

13 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Didn't you see this?

link.JPG.54b24cc1711c8311ff054f1a94b0e4cb.JPG

Now I see, as I clicked on the link in the quoted box in my reply, and apparently abbreviates it, to useless ????  Link in your reply opens fine.  And looks like it would work fine, spec wise.

I remember someone saying they bought wall charger off LAZ, and like it better than MG's.  Nice having options, thanks.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sezze said:

The trick is , keep your car fully loaded . Not like your petrol or diesel car , where you refuel when empty , just plug in your car when you are at home . This way you need not 10h , 15h for fully loading your car , but only 1-4 hours ( normal outlet that means 2.5-10kW or 15-75km which covers most transport needs ) .

Yep,  I want to charge the car only via Solar and NOT via PEA and thus only can charge during the Day as I don't have an ESS. But that said, I don't have an EV yet but really thinking hard about getting one in the near future.

19 minutes ago, sezze said:

I am ordering a EV outside Thailand and i know several people driving EV's . Most of those people do NOT have any charge or wall box , and they do use their car every single day for driving to work. All EV's i know can charge from any normal output at 2.3kW . Knowing that EV's normally use 15-20kW/100km , means you can use any normal output if you do less then 150km per day . I guess , by far most people do not do those distances . Sure wallbox does charge faster , but just plug in your car when you are home and you can drive every single day a good distance without any special wiring and meters .

We've averaging 7 kms per kW (3.5 kms per 1% ????), mixed driving 60-90 kph when O&A, in ECO mode/#3 KERS.

Exceeds WTLP's rating of 320 per full charge.  And around town even better, since under 60 kph, which exceeds NEDC's rating of 403 kms per charge.

We seem to charge up, 20-30% about once a week:

image.png.93488a4d2e1d4ff98be2661c5da07ee3.png

28 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Yep,  I want to charge the car only via Solar and NOT via PEA and thus only can charge during the Day as I don't have an ESS. But that said, I don't have an EV yet but really thinking hard about getting one in the near future.

Probably bias, but I'm really loving it.  Beyond my expectations. Over the road, range & comfort is bit better than expected, along with around town.  Do need to plan your CS stops, and we verify with a phone call.  So far, so good, only 1 CS oops, that we did call ahead. 

Just using MG CS so far, as now registered with couple other vendors, eVolt/Volta, I think, and need to test the local ones, before another O&A.  Avoid any surprises.

I punched it yesterday, actually the first time, to make the green light, from some distance away, on hwy 4, and the wife is like 'holy krap', that's fast.  She's not use to performance cars.  That's in 'eco' mode.   And I wouldn't consider the ZS  a performance car.

She probably would refuse to drive with my younger self.  I used to beat the hell out of my Firebird & scooters (750 & 900cc), as a youngin' ... and lived.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

We have 2 of these 

Sae J1772 Type 1 Iec62196 Type 2 Evse Ev Portable Charger 32a Electric Vehicle Charger - Battery Cables & Connectors - AliExpress

at houses in Chiang Rai & Chiang Mai, I also bought a Feyree granny charger and it only worked once before blowing a resistor inside the box, a local guy repaired it but it just blew again.  

I like the idea of inserting a 32amp plug/socket in the circuit as it means I can take it with me when I sell the house.

The MG & Porsche chargers are still in their respective boxes, never opened.  I also bought the low current 8amp to 16amp version with standard houseplug but 10m cable as a granny charger and male to female type 2 cables (1 of 32amp for Porsche and 1 of 16amp for MG), which we keep in the vehicles.  EA Anywhere chargers have sockets on the charging stations and if you don't have a cable, you can't use the AC charging part, though you probably wouldn't want to unless the DC was broken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Now I see, as I clicked on the link in the quoted box in my reply, and apparently abbreviates it, to useless ????  Link in your reply opens fine.  And looks like it would work fine, spec wise.

I remember someone saying they bought wall charger off LAZ, and like it better than MG's.  Nice having options, thanks.

I think I am going for that cable when we get the EV, I will not bother with the Wall Box as I don't want anything to do with PEA (read: getting a 2nd meter just for the EV).

Chargers are a bit thin here (looking at Plug share) with the closest one being MG (20kms). Maybe going to visit @Bandersnatch often ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Just using MG CS so far, as now registered with couple other vendors, eVolt/Volta, I think, and need to test the local ones, before another O&A.  Avoid any surprises

Maybe a good idea to open a topic about it, like what vendors there are, how to apply etc etc? ????????

Personally I only know EA Anywhere and Volta (I see their …. Ad every time I open the PEA app ????

8 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Maybe a good idea to open a topic about it, like what vendors there are, how to apply etc etc? ????????

Personally I only know EA Anywhere and Volta (I see their …. Ad every time I open the PEA app ????

Reading my mind, as was going to start a thread yesterday on the exact subject.  Then thought I'd wait till I tested the local eVolta.  

Off to the park with the dog now, and will start one on return.  Already did a bit of reviewing MGs when O&A, but really should have it's own thread.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1