What is the cleanest and nearest beach located near Bangkok?

Goodboybkk

On 11/9/2022 at 3:50 AM, nigelforbes said:

The beach at the Sattahip Naval Station DOES allow foreigners and it's one of the nicest places we've come across, easily accessible from Pattaya. Good sandy beach, unspoilt cove, really desert island like. It's called Sai Kaew Beach.

It's pretty small and gets quite crowded often with tons of Russians.  Go a little further down to Nang Rum beach ( also military ) but easier going and cheaper!  Yes both Thais and foreigners pay the same 20 baht entry. It's super quiet on weekdays and has good food. Also a foreigner can drive in on their own. At the beach you mentioned if you are foreigner and/ or with other foreigners you have to stop at a place , pay more than a Thai pays and take their transport to the beach. 

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

It's pretty small and gets quite crowded often with tons of Russians.  Go a little further down to Nang Rum beach ( also military ) but easier going and cheaper!  Yes both Thais and foreigners pay the same 20 baht entry. It's super quiet on weekdays and has good food. Also a foreigner can drive in on their own. At the beach you mentioned if you are foreigner and/ or with other foreigners you have to stop at a place , pay more than a Thai pays and take their transport to the beach. 

You're absolutely correct, it's a terrible place to go, posters should avoid it all costs.

On the eastern seaboard, first beach I would swim at is Sai kaew which is just down the road from me.  It is on the Thai Naval Training base and they will charge you 100bht for the privilege, beach pleasant but water clarity not great. My personal choice is Hat Nang Rong at Sattahip Port, again it's on the Navy base there. Drive past Utapao airport on the extension of the 331 and turn left at the checkpoint about 3 or 4km further on. Very nice beach clear water with coral around the island. Busy with Thais at weekends and Bank holidays. 20bht a vehicle and 20bht a falang. In my opinion best beach by some way.

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not sure those 2 count, as a function, and you probably knew people there.

Playing tourist on the beach may be a bit different.

You obviously missed my post about my visit to the beach.

The point is they are not against foreigners the just want to exercise some control and as an ex UK serviceman I can understand that even if others don't.