The U.S. is quietly extracting concessions from Saudi Arabia after Mohammed bin Salman humiliated Biden

onthedarkside

Screenshot_1.jpg.2f3b036d3a88e3adfab451ca98ed079b.jpg

Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman

At a meeting of the UN General Assembly last month, the Saudis voted in favor of a resolution declaring Russia's annexation of swaths of east Ukraine illegal, in a snub to Putin that further isolated him in a global forum.

Crown Prince Mohammed more recently announced a huge increase in the humanitarian aid the Saudis would send Ukraine, adding $400 million to the $10 million pledged in April. The Saudis also played a key role in brokering a high-profile prisoner swap between Russia and Ukraine, in which some UK and US citizens who had been captured fighting for the Ukrainian military were freed.

(more)

https://news.yahoo.com/us-quietly-extracting-concessions-saudi-101619894.html

Insider.jpg.a6f8e5e96e584e2e5d5a91f346d1cf31.jpg

• Like 2

Well, MBS is not known for his diplomatic pussy-footing around anything; the little consular affair in Turkey springs to mind and all that would have never happened if not explicitly sanctioned by MBS.

But as the saying goes "Money talks, (M)BS walks"; just wait for it to happen one day in the future. He is not as popular and well liked as he is kept believing by his satellite underlings ...... 

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

U. S.  Needs to cut all ties with them as soon as possible. Let then fend for themselves. 

That might be a tad foolish since they could then demand payment for oil in say Euros instead of dollars, that would end the dollars might as a 'go to reserve currency' which considering the enormous debt that America has would lead to its collapse, China, Japan and Europe would quickly unload their dollar bonds (at a huge loss) and Americans would have to start producing things instead of being a net importer and living off debt.  

• Like 1

"Concessions from Saudi Arabia ......." 

Those items are trivial and far less important than what is at stakes in months down the road namely :

//    Saudi Arabia had openly expressed interest to join BRICS as their sixth member. 

//    Xi is to travel to meet Saudi to meet MBS within a month or two. 

//    Possibly bold move of Saudi-China oil trading switched to RMB rather than USD. 

Saudi MBS had signaled turning East since Thailand PM  met MBS in early 2022. 

Just that Biden is outdated and still not believing.   ( Possibly Biden is believing the old Saudi King will come back and take charge again ) 

47 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

A reserve currency backed by half the world's population, including the two largest energy exporters by far, along with the current (China) and likely next (India) global manufacturing hubs, would have serious implications for the US dollar, should it gain traction.  

The US will do everything in its power to prevent the Saudis from destroying the dollar's status as the world's reserve currency. Be prepared for some very dirty tricks in the months ahead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Saudi Arabia is strengthening its ties with Russia.

According to the article it seems just the opposite.

16 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

At a meeting of the UN General Assembly last month, the Saudis voted in favor of a resolution declaring Russia's annexation of swaths of east Ukraine illegal, in a snub to Putin that further isolated him in a global forum.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

That might be a tad foolish since they could then demand payment for oil in say Euros instead of dollars, that would end the dollars might as a 'go to reserve currency' which considering the enormous debt that America has would lead to its collapse, China, Japan and Europe would quickly unload their dollar bonds (at a huge loss) and Americans would have to start producing things instead of being a net importer and living off debt.  

Yes Foolish!  but stirring the pot!

I've heard it before and will continue to hear it!  Our country greatest in the world with the smartest political leaders, economist, have said what you have noted but yet we continue down the same path to debt because we have put ourselves in this position? If you and those in power know the outcome why then we continue to self inflict this on our nation!

Aren't we in debt now?  30 plus Trillion!  Maybe we should do the unthinkable?  You read it here daily when the opportunity arises America is the enemy, nation building, yet we are the most charitable country in the world too charitable where we are giving organizations, countries, million, billions, trillion of dollar to countries that hate us without them being accountable. Everyone and ever country seem to get a pass except the U.S.?

There was a time U.S. was criticized for isolation, today 21 century that seems exactly what U.S. should be doing isolate give but our fair share and when we do make sure they are accountable just like any bank would required. U.N. W.T.O, W.H.O. N.A.T.O. the list goes on and on nothing more nothing less.

We talk about what would happen if we did well maybe it is time that the U.S. isn't on top, if you want China, Russian, I say knock yourself out I'm at a point take my chances as a American I'm no Trump supporter but my opinion and reasons " I'm <deleted> tired "  I say S.A., same with India, China, Pakistan, Turkey, the list is real long, Americans know the hand full of nations that are our friends.

In life, when you do your best to help all you ask is a sign of being grateful and simple Thank you.

The U.S. isn't perfect there isn't one country on the face of this earth that is I suggest look in the mirror first before they speak. But I'm tired of Presidents touring apologizing, graveling, and even pounding their chest intimidating others. 

Maybe it is time we take the pain to get the gain by producing our own oil with some mandates of renewable energy business plan to convert down the road?  Maybe we  need to produce and make more to balance things out and aren't we in Debt already?  It is time we stop being scared while we shop at Walmart for the cheapest appliances and then throw all our money back end to help those who don't need help and hate us. If countries want to cash in when they do don't come back! But here is one American tired of helping countries like S.A. let Iran or Yemen help them! ????

Just food for thought, venting!????