Wall Street Journal labels Trump biggest Republican ‘loser’

onthedarkside

Screenshot_8.jpg.53172553282d42e72951b6b9bef5482b.jpg

The Wall Street Journal editorial board this week put the blame for Republican losses in the midterms at the feet of former President Trump, calling him the GOP’s “biggest loser.” 

The board said in an editorial published Wednesday that Trump-style Republican candidates lost in races that were “clearly” winnable, but the defeats might be what the Republican Party needs to see before the 2024 presidential election. 

Republicans were hoping for a red wave to retake control of both houses of Congress, but Democrats outperformed the polls in many races.

(more)

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3729130-wall-street-journal-labels-trump-biggest-republican-loser/

1725133174_TheHill.jpg.398b61b3d51746a7cda53073f8415ce5.jpg

Trump Is the Republican Party’s Biggest Loser

He has now flopped in 2018, 2020, 2021 and 2022

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-is-the-gops-biggest-loser-midterm-elections-senate-house-congress-republicans-11668034869

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump touts ‘tremendous’ wins for endorsed candidates, says ‘why would anything change?’ on 2024 announcement

Trump says more than 200 of the candidates he endorsed won and says suggestions he was angry are 'fake news'

Former President Donald Trump says he is celebrating the wins of the more than 200 "great" Republican candidates he endorsed who were able to claim victory in their midterm election races, telling Fox News Digital on Wednesday that he is "proud" of them and maintaining that his plans to make a "major" announcement next week have not changed due to the "tremendous success" he had.

At this point, 216 GOP candidates that Trump endorsed won their races Tuesday night, with 19 losing to the Democrat candidate.

"There is a fake news narrative that I was furious — it is just the opposite," Trump told Fox News Digital, responding to reports that suggested he was less than pleased with the election results for his endorsed candidates.

(more)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-touts-tremendous-success-for-endorsed-candidates-says-why-would-anything-change-on-plans-for-2024

1849385870_FoxNews2.jpg.ab904d952fc03087d7b47a4f21efadc3.jpg

• Like 1

US midterm results: Trump-backed candidates fared poorly, despite former president's claims

Donald Trump was expecting a decisive night for his candidates in the US midterms, ahead of an expected announcement that he will run for president in 2024. But his claims that his candidates enjoyed great success on election night are incorrect, analysis by Sky News suggests

"A truer measure of a candidate's success is the extent to which they managed to increase the share of people voting for the Republican Party compared to the 2020 presidential election.

Looking at the 71% of counties where more than 90% of results have been reported, House candidates backed by Trump managed to increase the Republican vote share by two percentage points.

That's well short of the 7.1 percentage point increase for the party in counties without Trump-endorsed Republicans."

(more)

https://news.sky.com/story/us-midterm-results-trump-backed-candidates-fared-poorly-despite-former-presidents-claims-12742373

292221244_SkyNews.jpg.d6d05667f2f4343b30a043e3a287c483.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

The Wall Street Journal editorial board this week put the blame for Republican losses in the midterms at the feet of former President Trump, calling him the GOP’s “biggest loser.”

trump should by now be seeing the writing on the wall…but will he read the message. 

“I thought about it and my dream was broken
I clutch at images like dying breath”

Truth hits everybody 

The Police

Edited by Bluespunk
Grammar and punctuation

On 11/10/2022 at 11:11 AM, candide said:

The MAGA folks are now confronted to an unexpected choice! Should they believe Fox News and the NYPost (the WSJ has no impact on them), or should they believe Trump? ????

What the MAGA folks can be led to believe is completely wide open, that has already been proven (is baby blood available online yet?).  That should be taken as an asset for anyone who courts their vote.  One of the grander mistakes you-know-who made is he stayed with courting the lunatic fringe, and other than his tax cuts for the wealthy made no attempt to capture the (relatively) saner vote.  With all the other lunacy aside, IMO his biggest mistake in his devious plans was alienating the military, he went into it within weeks of him announcing in 2015: POWs are not heroes, military personnel are losers, "I'm know more about the military than any general" etc.  If not for this he probably could of turned 1/6 into the country's first military coup.

For about a year now Flynn has been working on something that I call the American Taliban.  I don't know if Flynn will run it himself, or just be the spiritual leader, but I see this as a major force in the 2024 race, which seems to already be happening.

Michael Flynn’s ReAwaken Roadshow Recruits ‘Army of God’

• Like 1

If the GOP manages to lose the Senate and Trump still decides to announce that he's running in 2024....I wonder how the Republican establishment will respond?  There are many Dems who can't stand Trump, but there are Republicans who hate Trump more than the Dems.  McConnell, Liz, Adam K., the Bush family, etc.  Pretty soon, can probably add DeSantis.  It will be entertaining to watch.

• Like 2

Believe it or not, the following is actually not a parody:

Trump Laments Lack of 'Congratulations or Praise' After Dismal GOP Midterms

Former President Donald Trump is disappointed that he is not receiving enough "congratulations or praise" for his "great success" following an underwhelming performance by Republicans in this year's midterms.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-laments-lack-congratulations-praise-after-dismal-gop-midterms-1759067

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Believe it or not, the following is actually not a parody:

Trump Laments Lack of 'Congratulations or Praise' After Dismal GOP Midterms

Former President Donald Trump is disappointed that he is not receiving enough "congratulations or praise" for his "great success" following an underwhelming performance by Republicans in this year's midterms.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-laments-lack-congratulations-praise-after-dismal-gop-midterms-1759067

Perhaps we should all send him something to cheer him up.

Dear Former president:

Six years ago it looked like George W. Bush would be the worst US president in history.  Then you came along and snatched that credit away from him right quick.  Bravo to you, sir!

Congratulations on your reality show "The Apprentice: Presidential Edition" being picked up for another 2 seasons.  Good job beating out Snoop and Martha.  I suggest when that contract finishes you move on to "Prison Edition" but choose your own shade of orange, one that compliments your skin.

America has been getting greater and greater every day since January 20th, 2021.  All because of you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1