Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Most are not actually downright lying but their tribal loyality to the Brexit Brigrade won't allow them to recognise verifiable facts and more information that doesn't back up their idea that Brexit is just the best and was the right thing to do. Denial, deflection, disinformation; and when all else fails the 'give it a few years, it's early days!' nonsense.

Agreed, most aren't. However, one definitely is.

41 minutes ago, puchooay said:

A strange comparison. 

Fuel requirements for an aircraft are based using many constants.

The only constant here is your doom and gloom about a future you cannot confirm.

Oh, so the weather is a ‘Constant’ weight of passengers is a ‘Constant’ weight of ‘luggage is a constant’, unplanned changes to routes are a ‘constant’?

No ‘sunlit uplands’ is becoming a constant.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DezLez said:

In regards to Labour and Starmer , Labour and Starmer were way ahead in the opinion  polls whilst Boris was PM .

Set to be elected in the next election .

Now although Labour are still in front in the opinion polls , Conservative leader Sunak has overtaken Starmer in the opinion polls

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Aircraft fuel loads are calculated by certified pilots, able to perform this task, even if they fly 'occasionally'.

Unfortunately, the UK is again now being piloted by a crew of certified remainers. If they keep messing about then the Tories can expect to go from +80 to -80 at the next election. Labour will be no better because.... they never are! 

Yes, Brexiteers are bothered but that's because the whole Brexit process was mismanaged, from the outset and with constant interference by remainers. This silly ‘sunlit upland’ term must have actually originated from remainers - I never saw it in any leave campaign material.

The imminent recession, mentioned a lot on here, will be global - it certainly won't be just the UK or the fault of Brexit. 

You got your BREXIT, it’s not working out as you hoped and you now resort to the latest version of:

”It’s always somebody else’s fault”.

• Like 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You got your BREXIT, it’s not working out as you hoped and you now resort to the latest version of:

”It’s always somebody else’s fault”.

I got a version of BREXIT and it’s nothing like I hoped for. The reasons for that are already explained. 

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

The mismanagement was by a succession of Tory PMs who made strategic mistakes on top of calling an unnecessary referendum.

That is what the electorate wanted , British people wanted to leave the E.U .

Either call a referendum or have Nigel Farage as PM and we would have left the E.U that way .

The will of the people .

As Labour found out in the last election, if M.Ps disregard  what the electorate says, they will be voted out of office 

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

And that's good news why?

Because we (the UK) will suffer but you (the EU) will suffer more: It's his justification for Brexit.

Only two possible logical reasons as far as I can see: (1) He finds economic sado-masochism enjoyable (2)  xenophobia.

However, as ever, I'm open to other suggestions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Because we (the UK) will suffer but you (the EU) will suffer more: It's his justification for Brexit.

Only two possible logical reasons as far as I can see: (1) He finds economic sado-masochism enjoyable (2)  xenophobia.

If you look at the title of this thread , it is stating that the U.K is suffering more than other Countries , pointing out other Countries are suffering in the same way as the UK is a valid point in showing that the UK really isn't suffering more than other Countries 

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I got a version of BREXIT and it’s nothing like I hoped for. The reasons for that are already explained. 

There were no versions of Brexit on the ballot paper. It was 'In' or 'Out'. Brexiters knew what they were voting for. At least, that what you kept saying. 

My crystal ball suggests that future replies on this issue will mention the beastly, underhand behaviour of the EU during negotiations.

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

If you look at the title of this thread , it is stating that the U.K is suffering more than other Countries , pointing out other Countries are suffering in the same way as the UK is a valid point in showing that the UK really isn't suffering more than other Countries 

Did you see my UK government sourced charts which shows the UK doing significantly worse than all G7 nations? That constitutes "other countries".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RayC said:

The PM is a Brexit supporter!

Again, the same old tune.

The problem was of the Tory party's own making. The mismanagement was by a succession of Tory PMs who made strategic mistakes on top of calling an unnecessary referendum. The interference was by the 'flat earthers' in the ERG.

Always someone else's fault. No responsibility and accountability taken for a failure of your preferred party's own making.

The PM was outwardly a Brexit supporter (voted out) but since he got the PM job I would say that's as far as it went, as he has sent mixed signals, then backtracked about rumours about a Swiss-style relationship a week or so ago. I'm sure that he his under pressure from big business to go for the SM arrangement similar to the Swiss one.

The problems associated with leaving the EU are not just down to poor UK governments. The result of the referendum itself suggests that a lot of voters might disagree with you on whether it was necessary or not. IMOO a referendum was long overdue and referendums should be held on all major matters of national concern - a bit like the Swiss - and this is because the governments that we elect evidently need help with the more serious decisions!

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Have you seen my updated graphs to show other Countries have now also gone into recession ?

That doesn't show relativity and the charts I linked are up to date and conclusive. I din't bother to go back trying to find them again since you referred to the same link without reposting it.

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Evasion. Trying to disassociate yourself from this comment without withdrawing the remark.

"Some better news

Germany is about to go into recession as well as the U.K"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RayC said:

Given the sizes of the respective economies and the dependce of the UK much higher than the other way around, even 'suffering more'is nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, RayC said:

There were no versions of Brexit on the ballot paper. It was 'In' or 'Out'. Brexiters knew what they were voting for. At least, that what you kept saying. 

My crystal ball suggests that future replies on this issue will mention the beastly, underhand behaviour of the EU during negotiations.

And the Brexiteers wanted OUT - simple isn't it? Oh, wait a minute!

Agree - the EU were horribly beastly.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Some better news

Germany is about to go into recession as well as the U.K 

https://www.globaldata.com/media/business-fundamentals/germanys-economy-fall-recession-next-year-due-european-energy-crisis-says-globaldata/#:~:text=According to GlobalData's Country Analytics,(-0.3%) in 2023.

Germany’s economy is expected to slide into a recession in 2023 due to its high exposure to the current energy crisis, according to GlobalData. As a result, the leading data and analytics company has downwardly revised its estimations for Germany’s economic growth predictions by -2.4 percentage points (pp) for 2022 and -1.7pp for 2023 since its last update in February 2022.

Why is it better news Germany is entering recession? 

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

During the run up to the referendum ‘Brexit leaders’ repeatedly made public statements in which they stated a post Brexit UK would get a favorable deal with the EU; Norway Deal, Swiss-Deal, Canadian Deal etc

That is what the electorate was told.

It was a lie.

It was called out as a lie by ‘Remain’ leaders.

And here the UK is with its economy hampered by self inflicted trade barriers with its largest trading partner.

At the risk of creating a noisy echo (from the past), this referendum was not primarily about trade and economics. I think most Brexiteers would welcome a sensible arrangement between European nations.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

During the run up to the referendum ‘Brexit leaders’ repeatedly made public statements in which they stated a post Brexit UK would get a favorable deal with the EU; Norway Deal, Swiss-Deal, Canadian Deal etc

That is what the electorate was told.

It was a lie.

It was called out as a lie by ‘Remain’ leaders.

And here the UK is with its economy hampered by self inflicted trade barriers with its largest trading partner.

I think these were false hopes more than lies. But yes lots of porkies from both sides during the campaign.

7 hours ago, Saanim said:

That not because the EU idea was wrong but because of the EU current leadership trying to harm the EU and the member states.  

Not sure what you mean, i just think Ukraine thing is going to cause big problems and with immigrants on the move in desperation for one way or another, things are ganna get messy,  i hope I'm wrong. 

Just now, nauseus said:

At the risk of creating a noisy echo (from the past), this referendum was not primarily about trade and economics. I think most Brexiteers would welcome a sensible arrangement between European nations.

I think some would, but I think many would not.

Regardless, they have no say in the matter, they’ve handed power to the ERG and the ERG aren’t interested in anything short of zero connection to the EU.

• Like 2