Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

British industry started to disappear well before Thatcher .

It was Saint Margaret's policy to not support British industry and to turn Britain into a 'services-based' economy, that's well known.

Part of the problem with British industry was an us & them mentality. I worked there for about 10 years.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

It was Saint Margaret's policy to not support British industry and to turn Britain into a 'services-based' economy, that's well known.

Part of the problem with British industry was an us & them mentality. I worked there for about 10 years.

Trouble with British industry has always been management.

43 minutes ago, RayC said:

I would say that most sensible people realised that you couldn't have the benefits of belonging to the world's biggest trading bloc without the accompanying obligations and responsibilities.

Always someone else's fault. The EU did what it felt necessary to protect its' members' interests.

Anyway, why didn't the UK government(s) plan for the worse-case scenario given that it appears to be common knowledge how badly the EU was likely to behave?

Where is the plan for implementing these Brexit benefits?

Typical response what's needed is for Uk people to deal with all the problems and get on with instead of moaning.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Typical response what's needed is for Uk people to deal with all the problems and get on with instead of moaning.

In order for the UK people to deal with all the problems, they would first need a revolution and the death of all those currently at the top, MPs, the aristocracy,  lawyers, judges, landowners, estate agents, bankers, financiers ....... I'm sure I missed lots off my list.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2022 at 11:23 AM, jaideedave said:

Hi BMT, Add in a buffoon like Turdo and the sheeple that vote for him..Off subject: I last grew a blueberry auto using coco(same vendor) and EWC/Wesco only as per your advice..it was the best producer so far for me..62 grams dry. Organic was a disaster for me. This method is far better for me.   Tnx

Thats the problem with getting 'stoned' or whatever the term for getting high is these days, everyone drifts off on their own train of thought tangent using a language that no-one else understands.....555.

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And yet renewables are a growing part of global energy provision.

Some ideas fail, others succeed, was it ever thus.

Yes, that's always how it goes, with the rider that the UK government only seems to invest millions of pounds of taxpayer money in those that fail and ignores (or even bans) those that succeed, whichever political party is in place.

Add in the ruinous Climate Change Levy, Feed-In Tariffs, Green Gas Levy, Contracts for Difference, Renewables Obligation and the rest, and it's a wonder that the UK isn't doing worse than it is....

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

No rational excuse has ever been ventured by the leavers which wasn't proved wrong by the outcome. Like the economy.

As you are laughing at my replies, I will no longer talk to you .

Learn some decorum .

Also take into consideration that laughing at other peoples posts is considered to be trolling 

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

In balance the same as immigration has increased under the Merkel regime of allowing half or Europe to enter.

That's demonstrably false since the population of Germany at the beginning of 2015 was 80.98 million and at the end of 2021 was 83.13 million

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

But other countries are doing similar things and they aren't circling the drain. The economic cost of doing nothing is going to make people wish we had spent more when we had the chance. It's already probably too late because of climate denialism funded by Big Pollution.

Because the UK is doing them worse,  that is, without any competence, character, responsibility, or sense of reality.

In passing, it strikes me as odd that so many people pour bile onto 'Big Pollution' (and Big Tobacco and Big Armaments) for their lies and influence peddling,  yet seem to regard Big Pharma as a noble benefactor of humanity with impeccable ethics.

1 minute ago, Eleftheros said:

Because the UK is doing them worse,  that is, without any competence, character, responsibility, or sense of reality.

In passing, it strikes me as odd that so many people pour bile onto 'Big Pollution' (and Big Tobacco and Big Armaments) for their lies and influence peddling,  yet seem to regard Big Pharma as a noble benefactor of humanity with impeccable ethics.

Nobody is singling the praises of Big Pharma. Nobody. We do need their products but that's a different issue.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

What planet do you come from where Big Pharma is regarded as a noble benefactor?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

Yes, that's always how it goes, with the rider that the UK government only seems to invest millions of pounds of taxpayer money in those that fail and ignores (or even bans) those that succeed, whichever political party is in place.

Add in the ruinous Climate Change Levy, Feed-In Tariffs, Green Gas Levy, Contracts for Difference, Renewables Obligation and the rest, and it's a wonder that the UK isn't doing worse than it is....

I’ve got an idea for a hot air driven electricity generator.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Can you back up this startling assertion?

• Like 1