- a local Builders merchant

- HomePro

- Big C

- Bangkok Hospital

and it was always accepted.

If you use it,
A) don't forget to unfreeze it
B) Enable Chip / Pin Transactions in the Wise App

Edit: When you use the Wise Card tell the Cashier to set the Transaction as THB and not home country if you use THB it will deducted from your THB balance in Wise

spacer.png

We got one earlier in the year and loaded a little cash onto it ( pounds ).

When the missus went to use it I believe there was a 200+ baht withdrawal fee at the ATM

If we transfer pounds to Baht on the card - we just loaded it with pounds( I assume something we can do online ) are we still charged the 200+ ATM withdrawal fee or is that standard as it's a foreign card?

37 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

We got one earlier in the year and loaded a little cash onto it ( pounds ).

When the missus went to use it I believe there was a 200+ baht withdrawal fee at the ATM

If we transfer pounds to Baht on the card - we just loaded it with pounds( I assume something we can do online ) are we still charged the 200+ ATM withdrawal fee or is that standard as it's a foreign card?

I don't use it for that or ever withdrawn money from an ATM with it, but my guess its shown as a Foreign card because every time we did use the card the question came "THB sir or...?" so the banks see it as a Foreign Card and thus IMHO you will be charged the ATM Fee. (apparently not as explained in the post below)

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

I never tried the Wise Card in 7/11, but I have tried it in

- DoHome

- Global

- a local Builders merchant

- HomePro

- Big C

- Bangkok Hospital

and it was always accepted.

If you use it,
A) don't forget to unfreeze it
B) Enable Chip / Pin Transactions in the Wise App

Edit: When you use the Wise Card tell the Cashier to set the Transaction as THB and not home country if you use THB it will deducted from your THB balance in Wise

spacer.png

Wow great, thanks for this important information!!

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

What symbols (VISA, MasterCard etc.) does your card have?

Thanks Crossy for fixing it!! There are no symbols on the card and in the front it just says VISA INFINITE . So we'll say if it's going to work. Hopefully!! ????

12 minutes ago, lyskamm said:

Thanks Crossy for fixing it!! There are no symbols on the card and in the front it just says VISA INFINITE . So we'll say if it's going to work. Hopefully!! ????

Yeah, it's Visa so it should be good anywhere that the Visa sign is displayed. 

Others have noted that it does indeed work in the "seven" ???? 

5 minutes ago, Emeraldisle said:

I did a 5000 Baht cash withdrawl at ATM in Thailand in past couple of weeks and was charged 220 Baht fee

I am under the impression that TH banks see this as a Foreign Card, but I have never tried this, but just For My info, did you have a THB balance at Wise?

50 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Visa card so used anywhere

Yes a VISA card can be used anywhere, but if, for example, I used my Nationwide Visa Debit in Lotus's (other supermarkets are available), Nationwide will add a 'foreign use' charge, and an ATM withdrawal will apply if used there. 

If you have a THB balance on your Wise Multicurrency (formerly Transferwise Borderless) Visa card and specify that THB are charged, then no fee or charges will apply. I've tried it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

is that standard as it's a foreign card?

All non Thai cards (credit or debit) are charged a withdrawal fee of 220 THB per transaction.

Krungsri allows 30k THB per pull, not sure about other banks.

However, Aeon ATMs charge only 150 THB, but there is a catch, 20k THB per transaction allowed.

2 hours ago, Emeraldisle said:

Yes.  I had converted Euro to THB.  Wise sometimes use a better exchange rate

But is the Wise rate also better than the Visa or Mastercard rate for THB/EUR if your foreign card does not add any commission on top which exists?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

Krungsri allows 30k THB per pull, not sure about other banks.

However, Aeon ATMs charge only 150 THB, but there is a catch, 20k THB per transaction allowed.

So Krungsri and Aeon basically have the same charge per baht received, 0,73% vs. 0,75%

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

That sounds great. I'm curious to find out soon!! ????

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Yes a VISA card can be used anywhere, but if, for example, I used my Nationwide Visa Debit in Lotus's (other supermarkets are available), Nationwide will add a 'foreign use' charge, and an ATM withdrawal will apply if used there. 

If you have a THB balance on your Wise Multicurrency (formerly Transferwise Borderless) Visa card and specify that THB are charged, then no fee or charges will apply. I've tried it.

Thanks, I have a THB balance so it should work out fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, lyskamm said:

I have had mine a couple of years now, one of the first visa, they were mastercard previously. Used it in a variety of scenarios and been a real godsend at airports.

In Thailand only used it with lazada.

Bank transfers through the account are also very quick and easy.

On 11/13/2022 at 3:42 PM, Crossy said:

Yes. You will be charged if withdrawing cash from an atm.  So don't!  As a debit card, it's genius.