Is this wrong?

Sparktrader

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And you could be sued in Thailand under Thailands Defamation laws.

Of course, the optics of such a response are so poor that no self respecting international hotel chain would respond in this juvenile revengeful manner, they’d accept the criticism, learn from it and thank the American for his candid feedback. 

This exact scenario occurred just over two years ago....  an American was sued by a hotel in Koh Chang after leaving a negative review on Trip Advisor. 

He [the American] was arrested and spent a handful of days in Jail. 

If I’m not mistaken the case was dropped only after TripAdvisor agreed to remove the review, and only after the American apologised to all staff for the review and to Thailand’s Tourism Authority.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/expats/koh-chang-resort-sues-american-over-bad-review

This is the TripAdvisor page for the hotel in question - note the warning at the Top of the page. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g580110-d594766-Reviews-Sea_View_Resort_Spa_Koh_Chang-Ko_Chang_Trat_Province.html

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 16.00.03.png

The American guy was waging an online war against that business

He made numerous profiles under different names and was writing fake reviews and making allegations of slavery and other illegal activity and he would stop and the business was forced to take legal action against to stop his campaign and all because the business wanted to charge him for to the alcohol be got from 7/11 and wanted to drink it in the bar and they even waived that fee on the night

Things like this can be a touch annoying but for 99 baht specials you expect less e.g. rather than a meal and a side dish of rice you just get some rice with a much smaller portion on top . You gets what you pay for. Not sure where you are getting a seafood meal for two for 300 baht but it sounds a bit scary. Suppose you might get some squid with rice or something. No fish. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

16 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Things like this can be a touch annoying but for 99 baht specials you expect less e.g. rather than a meal and a side dish of rice you just get some rice with a much smaller portion on top . You gets what you pay for. Not sure where you are getting a seafood meal for two for 300 baht but it sounds a bit scary. Suppose you might get some squid with rice or something. No fish. 

Prawn soup with mushrooms

Clams

Veges

Rice

No it wasnt scary

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The American guy was waging an online war against that business

He made numerous profiles under different names and was writing fake reviews and making allegations of slavery and other illegal activity and he would stop and the business was forced to take legal action against to stop his campaign and all because the business wanted to charge him for to the alcohol be got from 7/11 and wanted to drink it in the bar and they even waived that fee on the night

Who did he vote for?

12 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Nope. Old prices. Misleading advertising.

Back in the old country there was a section in the Trade Practices Act, which I believe was Section 32 or something like that, but would have changed these days, and carried a $200,000 fine, something Thailand lacks,

It was called Misleading and Deceptive conduct.

Vest thing you did was walk out, and make sure you don't return and tell others as you have here, but of course don't mention the name otherwise you could see yourself being sued, hence the reason it's all wrong here.

Next time your out and about, buy a pizza from another place who have their name on the box, and go stand out the front of this place and eat it, taking your time of course and showing them that you are enjoying it, nothing wrong with that oi !

If that's not enough revenge for you, ring them and tell them that you want to place a large order for a party, but will have to be COD, if they say can't, say it's at least 5,000 baht's worth, then if they bite, make the order, and give them the cop shops address, the cops will appreciate the free food, just make sure it's a new sim your using in someone else's name ????

Must jet, my pizza just came out the over.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I think they were joking anyway.  Most would expect a protest outside a restaurant by a foreigner to end in legal action or a physical assault (possibly both).

I'm sure they were. I did have a mate who protested outside a well known language school on Sukhumvit after he was booted and the school wouldn't supply him with his tax receipts, he was outside a shopping center, walking up and down carrying a sign written in Thai - So this kind of thing does happen. (he got his money that company had been deducting over the years)

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

I can pay 200 baht. Im not giving money to liars.  Advertise 99 baht give it or throw sign in bin.

Last night i ate salmon on the beach. 189 baht. No lies on sign.

As I have understood by reading post and replies in this topic from you, this is a big problem for you. As you can see, most of us try and joke it away and tell you it ain´t so horrible. I am pretty sure you will come over this situation and get back out again searching for your next pizza. 

Did they give a specific reason why it wasn’t available but still advertised.?  Sometimes specials are only offered at certain days and times. I would have gotten a specific answer from them. Just because someone wants something,  doesn’t mean they are entitled to it. 
It’s not uncommon for restaurants or other types of establishments to advertise like this.  They offer promotions.  But once inside they also have other higher priced options.  Hoping people will also take them also.  
But if that was false advertising that’s a different story.  

46 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The OP has 35 posts out of 101 on the subject of pizza prices.

Damn, there are some deep thinkers on ASEAN.

Wicked. OP seems to have been sulking for a long time.

Damn, those lovely 99bahters are unavailable. 

He may stage a protest in front of the restaurant and won't have time to add more interesting comments. 

Aseannow is gonna lose the vast majority of posts. 

I may just send him the Grab.

????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No you are bored. Counting posts. Judging others whilst complaining Richard had a go at you. 

I've already pointed out I did not need to count posts, they are there for everyone to see. Except you, apparently.

Richard crossed a line once too often, he is getting no more oxygen from me.

Bored? No. More fascinated by the triviality and vapidity of this thread.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I've already pointed out I did not need to count posts, they are there for everyone to see. Except you, apparently.

Richard crossed a line once too often, he is getting no more oxygen from me.

Bored? No. More fascinated by the triviality and vapidity of this thread.

No post counts on phones. 

21 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No post counts on phones. 

LOL, have you heard of laptops and desktops? I use a phone for making phone calls.

I have to say your record of jumping to conclusions on minimal information is Olympic-class.

When are you going to learn when you are in a hole, it's best to stop digging?

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

LOL, have you heard of laptops and desktops? I use a phone for making phone calls.

I have to say your record of jumping to conclusions on minimal information is Olympic-class.

When are you going to learn when you are in a hole, it's best to stop digging?

Topic is pizza and restaurant prices. Stay on topic please.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Nope. Old prices. Misleading advertising.

Yes, looks like that 99Bt is only to lure people into the shop, in most cases, they would probably just pay the 200Bt and not bother about the principle of the thing.