Moving away from using an agent

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What is your point .

Who cares. 

My point is can folk use Baht in posts and in regards to months of the year avoid "Fall" etc.

Just yanks thinking center of universe using USD and seasons that apply to USA.

You use Aussie slang like "ripper" so why can't Americans use their own vernacular? 

Also referring to all Americans as Yanks shows your ignorance. How do you know that they ain't from the South? Don't ever be calling a Southern boy a Yank to his face or you'll be in a world of hurt. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

You use Aussie slang like "ripper" so why can't Americans use their own vernacular? 

Also referring to all Americans as Yanks shows your ignorance. How do you know that they ain't from the South? Don't ever be calling a Southern boy a Yank to his face or you'll be in a world of hurt. 

I am called a Brit, I am not, I am English, similar to Brits referring to Americans as yanks, no ploblem............:stoner:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, transam said:

I am called a Brit, I am not, I am English, similar to Brits referring to Americans as yanks, no ploblem............:stoner:

I am an Ashtonian, Lancastrian, Englishman, British, European, in that order, although I did become a Maxonian for a while.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, transam said:

I know a good ol' boy from Jawja (Georgia) that would just loooove you to call him a Yank to his face ????

Anyway that wasn't the point. Jack was complaining that Americans use their own version of English instead of some alleged 'common' version but then proceeds to use the term Yank which is primarily used by Aussies and Poms. Hypocrisy much?

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I know a good ol' boy from Jawja (Georgia) that would just loooove you to call him a Yank to his face ????

Anyway that wasn't the point. Jack was complaining that Americans use their own version of English instead of some alleged 'common' version but then proceeds to use the term Yank which is primarily used by Aussies and Poms. Hypocrisy much?

Mrs.T calls me farangy, noooooooooo ploblem either.......:stoner:

19 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

proceeds to use the term Yank which is primarily used by Aussies and Poms.

You can blame that on a fine propaganda/patriot song. Wouldn't be surprised if some members on here actually remember it being released.

Oh, and through in a healthy dose of using it to deliberately wind someone up which citizens of the nations mentioned are prone to do.

Edited by Salerno

57 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Certainly can be a problem in some cases. However, in my experience, there are quite a few Americans who have managed to get over the Civil War by now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Completely incorrect.

I complain re many USA folk using seasons on AseanNow example ..

" In Fall".

Guessing that means Autumn and no idea what exact month that is. 

Also posting various costs of this and that in USD. 

I believe the medical condition is "center of the universe syndrome"

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Certainly can be a problem in some cases. However, in my experience, there are quite a few Americans who have managed to get over the Civil War by now.

Well they ain't real Southern boys now are they Bubba? ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I am an Ashtonian, Lancastrian, Englishman, British, European, in that order, although I did become a Maxonian for a while.

Lannraig(Lanark), Aberdonian, Scotsman, British, Farang, Thai, in that order.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

No idea what HIGFNY is.

I assume he means the UK TV panel show programme: Have I Got News For You - HIGNFY - Not HIGFNY!!

I do wish people, especially on a platform with people from many different countries etc, use the correct names and then use the acronym in brackets after it!

Putting the acronym in the wrong letter order makes Google pointless as does the fact that many acronyms have multiple meanings.

14 hours ago, transam said:

Maybe your called a Brit because England is part of the British Isles..........ukgb.thumb.jpg.ed7991546442ff4f174429f0d5e20c3b.jpg

Referring to someone from ROI as a Brit may be an error especially after yesterdays result in Dublin.

For the Oz Dr,      'Fall' is an old anglo saxon word that was commonly used until the arrival of the Romans.......

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Whatever.

When I post from eg Saigon and state price of Saigon Green beer 440ml is 15,000dong .

I state 21 baht. .

AseanNow is Thai last time I checked. 

yep, but the agent will charge you US$80
not xxx baht  :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Agent for what.

The OP is about moving away from using an agent in Thailand. 

LOl. The OP is in Phnom Penh applying for a non-O retirement visa after getting the bum's rush from SP Immi. @zzzzzis recommending that he use an agent in PP to facilitate this, the cost of which is, wait for it ... 80 bucks! ????

Actually I think it might be more than that, I read another post somewhere that said its $80 at the Embassy and $100 via local agent. 

At any rate, the OP has informed us he went the DIY route so all this talk of Phnom Penh agents is moot.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1