how to contact a human at LINE?

lsemprini

Does someone know the secret sauce to reaching a human at LINE?  My friend's LINE suddenly cut out, failing to log in and all recovery methods say that her recovery email and phone number (which are definitely both correct) are invalid.  She is not able to log in at all.  Attempts to get support just lead to an infinite, unending loop of b*s bots that say "we'll hurry your support up" but obviously nobody is looking at any of the messages at all. 

She lost 8-10 years of important contacts.

This would be a perfect case for gethuman dot com but sadly they don't list LINE.

Edited by lsemprini

How to access them?  On my Android (Google Pixel Android 10) I opened Google's Contacts app and looked for several names that only appear in LINE, but didn't see any of them.  Is there some other way?

My friend's phone (Samsung Android 9) same.

37 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Contacts get stored on phone as well.

How to access them?  On my Android (Google Pixel Android 10) I opened Google's Contacts app and looked for several names that only appear in LINE, but didn't see any of them.  Is there some other way?

My friend's phone (Samsung Android 9) same.

1 hour ago, lsemprini said:

Does someone know the secret sauce to reaching a human at LINE?  My friend's LINE suddenly cut out, failing to log in and all recovery methods say that her recovery email and phone number (which are definitely both correct) are invalid.  She is not able to log in at all.  Attempts to get support just lead to an infinite, unending loop of b*s bots that say "we'll hurry your support up" but obviously nobody is looking at any of the messages at all. 

She lost 8-10 years of important contacts.

This would be a perfect case for gethuman dot com but sadly they don't list LINE.

I reckon it's an impossible task, live and learn and set everything up properly next time

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Contacts get stored on phone as well.

Don’t be obtuse.... 

I have loads of ‘LINE only’ contacts which I’d lose if I lost access to my LINE account.

The potential suggesting of ‘saving important contacts to the phone or SIM’ would be shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Think you're wrong on that, Line contacts aren't stored elsewhere

Correct - LINE contacts are not saved anywhere else. 

Sparky is suggesting she ‘should’ have also saved the contacts in a second location to ensure backup - sensible advice for all of us, but we know that.

It offers no solution to the current problem after the fact. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Don’t be obtuse.... 

I have loads of ‘LINE only’ contacts which I’d lose if I lost access to my LINE account.

The potential suggesting of ‘saving important contacts to the phone’ would be shutting the barn door.... 

Well it is the safest way to save to sim. If phone only and phone dies you lose them. Sims last longer than.phones. Aps sometimes go bad.

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Well it is the safest way to save to sim. If phone only and phone dies you lose them. Sims last longer than.phones. Aps sometimes go bad.

And back up to the cloud etc just incase we lose our phone... 

Back up our log-in details to the cloud, just incase we lose those etc etc... 

None of this helps recover lost info on a LINE account that cannot be accessed. 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Correct - LINE contacts are not saved anywhere else. 

Sparky is suggesting she ‘should’ have also saved the contacts in a second location to ensure backup - sensible advice for all of us, but we know that.

It offers no solution to the current problem after the fact. 

Yep, rather than save the contacts separately just ensure security and back up options are set up properly on Line

OP...  Does your ‘friend’ have a backup of her phone operating system on the Cloud etc ???

She could restore to a previous ‘time’ and see if that works..... However, as the Login and PW don’t work its possible your friend inadvertently ‘deleted’ her Line account, in which case it's inaccessible even with the correct Login and PW. 

This scenario is most likely if someone has two Line accounts and attempts to switch from one to the other on the same phone.... removing the old account and accidentally deleting it before logging in with the other account. 

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I’m not sure you understand the issue Sparky....   The Ops friend can’t access the LINE Account at all, so is unable to restore anything.

It seems to me the account has been deleted and may only be restored from Company servers, IF they even permit that. 

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Line is a phone number

You're getting mixed up with WhatsApp which requires a phone number. 

Line does not need to be tied to a Phone number... Mine is tied to a Log-In and e-mail and I can switch the phone number on my account to whatever number I want.

Edited by richard_smith237

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

I’m not sure you understand the issue Sparky....   The Ops friend can’t access the LINE Account at all, so is unable to restore anything.

It seems to me the account has been deleted and may only be restored from Company servers, IF they even permit that. 

Or perhaps they tried to use on 2nd device. I did that and old one didnt work. So deleted new one. Cant use it on 2 devices ie tablet and phone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Or delete ap and re instal. Hope contacts contact you.

I don’t think that would work either, as even when an ID is created and deleted. A new ‘carbon copy’ ID (the same) cannot be created as that would conflict with the ID of the date still locked on the company server. 

Its the same if we delete our hotmail e-mail account. We can’t create a new e-mail account with exactly the same username (e-mail address). 

Account recovery is required. 

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:
5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You're getting mixed up with WhatsApp which requires a phone number. 

Line does not need to be tied to a Phone number... Mine is tied to a Log-In and e-mail. 

Just use email. Easier.

You're getting side tracked.....     The Op isn’t asking for advice on how to avoid a car-crash, he’s asking advice on how to get the car repaired...  so there is no point telling him to take the bus !!!

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t think that would work either, as even when an ID is created and deleted. A new ‘carbon copy’ ID (the same) cannot be created as that would conflict with the ID of the date still locked on the company server. 

Its the same if we delete our hotmail e-mail account. We can’t create a new e-mail account with exactly the same username (e-mail address). 

Account recovery is required. 

I deleted mine and reinstalled no problem. All linked by phone not email.

Email is email. Wouldnt use Line for email.