Flights LHR-BKK

MRToMRT

Sadly I think the days of finding good flight deals direct from UK to BKK are gone. Since BA removed that route from their schedule there are fewer flights, which means the cheaper seats with the other airlines go too quickly. I imagine you'd need to book a long way in advance to get a good deal. 

I booked business class with Thai in early Oct for just over £3k. 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do think that flight prices are quite uniform and you cannot get special discounts or cheaper prices from certain places .

What you see online is what is available 

Actually theres a big range of price, especially as world cup has jacked up prices through middle east by a huge amount.

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yes, I checked my dates 3 days ago and it was same (Thai), went to to 3500 this morning and is 3800 this afternoon.

11 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Actually theres a big range of price, especially as world cup has jacked up prices through middle east by a huge amount.

Where can you find those cheaper flights ?

Looking online and I found London-BKK flights for less than 600 Quid for November to February , where do they sell them cheaper ?

• Like 1

KLM were just a tad over £2K to Schipol in biz and then a joining flight to LHR in cattle would not add much on top.

KLM are not my first choice tho, still looking.

Priced Emirates and they were about £3.kK BKK-DXB-LHR return. Gets pricey if er indoors comes along...

20 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Sadly I think the days of finding good flight deals direct from UK to BKK are gone. Since BA removed that route from their schedule there are fewer flights, which means the cheaper seats with the other airlines go too quickly. I imagine you'd need to book a long way in advance to get a good deal. 

Not good. I looked this morning for LHR-BKK-LHR with THAI in economy for October 2023 and the cheapest was £960. Normally, booking one year ahead gets a good deal. Those days are over! Even if BA resume the route, I suspect prices will not come down. Hope I'm wrong.

We booked Eva a couple of months ago to travel this weekend - was £765 each in Economy (LHR_BKK_LHR)

At the time, Emirates was roughly the same rate, but I prefer to travel direct. Thai was more expensive.

We actually chose our seats and submitted passenger info' last night.

Never flown Eva before, 90% B.A., then Thai, Emirates. Eva seems to have good baggage allowance  - not that I need it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Looking online and I found London-BKK flights for less than 600 Quid for November to February , where do they sell them cheaper ?

I think you may be reading something into my posts that I never said. Nor meant to imply. 

Thanks for replying though.

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Not good. I looked this morning for LHR-BKK-LHR with THAI in economy for October 2023 and the cheapest was £960. Normally, booking one year ahead gets a good deal. Those days are over! Even if BA resume the route, I suspect prices will not come down. Hope I'm wrong.

That's insane. I hope you're wrong too! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Yes, I checked my dates 3 days ago and it was same (Thai), went to to 3500 this morning and is 3800 this afternoon.

I get the feeling we're seeing the result of 3 years of Thailand withdrawal symptoms coming to a head all of a sudden, with a mad rush to get over there on top of fuel price increases and the airlines trying to make up Covid losses. Let's hope once the surge is over, fuel crisis is over, BA reinstate the route, etc. we'll get back to some normality in 2023/24. 

Thai business class is pretty average, last time I flew them from LHR was on a one way ticket that cost me £2800 during the pandemic.

I have flown all of the major mid eastern airlines between here and LHR in business and they are all better value that Thai. I really like the new Oman Air business class seat set up.

Your problem if you want to fly during or near Xmas is that it's a prime time anyway and add into that the shenanigans between Ukraine and Russia pushing up fuel costs allegedly making bargain flights in business hard to get. 

I flew business on Singapore Airlines at exactly this time last year for 68K baht return and that ticket this year is about 4 times that price I think. Even when I bought that ticket it was amazingly cheap.

Travelling out from Heathrow on Friday. Royal Jordanian for £543 return. Booked a few months ago though but they were £200 plus less than the next cheapest . Never travelled with them before though. Always Etihad from Manchester.

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Come on then, tell us, with whom, and which website please.

If you are feeling adventurous try out Ethiopian Airways. Prices and service is good but long transfer wait coming to Thailand, but OK transfer to LHR on some days of the week.

I flew with them last month and enjoyed the new experience. Plus got the see Addis Adaba (from inside a minibus). Hotel and meals for long transit time provided (but dont expect 4 star).

11 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I've paid a little over 900 just to get as far as Dubai and back to Bangkok next month. so 960 sounds like a good deal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Google google flights flights or skyscanner.net or momondo.co.uk/com

7 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I get the feeling we're seeing the result of 3 years of Thailand withdrawal symptoms coming to a head all of a sudden, with a mad rush to get over there on top of fuel price increases and the airlines trying to make up Covid losses. Let's hope once the surge is over, fuel crisis is over, BA reinstate the route, etc. we'll get back to some normality in 2023/24. 

You are right to a certain extent but not just to do with Thailand. There was a huge reduction in services and that is not going to get back to the way it was anytime soon. If airlines can put bums on seats prices will not change much. When demand forces additional services and it is not quite so easy to fill the seats then it may look better.

In the meantime there are also other factors in play, I doubt anyone would want to use Aeroflot or even China Eastern at the moment.

• Like 1

Regarding the future and the price of flights, this makes an interesting read. (Hope admin allow this link which does actually come from The Wall Street Journal. This was the only way to get the material unless you sign up to WSJ).

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bangkokpost.com%2Fbusiness%2F2434304%2Fdont-expect-cheap-airfares-to-come-back-soon-airline-executives-say%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1TD0et1hio-DhPdlEG2JJW88WX606YT3pfOcbMZ5d1yQbhVPfbUAXF4l8&h=AT38qdmHgrbCIPraC2z300V6ee05AYj1sggJjVr9X_Q-cDcyWgHi5roXG1iHFWY7X8ygwrMuSgCTTvvCrcvFEfBL3WR0PHF343bVRuRyp19D-YoSbeD0X0_BHwd7zj6hxlu9&__tn__=R*F

Edited by worrab
Extra wording

13 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I booked business class with Thai in early Oct for just over £3k. Then YOU Have got Toooooooo Much Money to WASTE !!

2 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Travelling out from Heathrow on Friday. Royal Jordanian for £543 return. Booked a few months ago though but they were £200 plus less than the next cheapest . Never travelled with them before though. Always Etihad from Manchester.

Ooooohhhh !! YOU are in for A Treat ( NOT )....