Flights LHR-BKK

MRToMRT

13 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

We booked Eva a couple of months ago to travel this weekend - was £765 each in Economy (LHR_BKK_LHR)

At the time, Emirates was roughly the same rate, but I prefer to travel direct. Thai was more expensive.

We actually chose our seats and submitted passenger info' last night.

Never flown Eva before, 90% B.A., then Thai, Emirates. Eva seems to have good baggage allowance  - not that I need it.

Last Time I Flew with EVA I Have to say they were Very Good ( But I Was in their Premium Economy ) And it cost ONLY 660 GBP RETURN ...LHR-BKK-LHR.....But it was MANY MANY Moons Ago...Actually on a 6 Month Ticket January 2002 To June 2002,Both Flights were on their 747-400......

14 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Sadly I think the days of finding good flight deals direct from UK to BKK are gone. Since BA removed that route from their schedule there are fewer flights, which means the cheaper seats with the other airlines go too quickly. I imagine you'd need to book a long way in advance to get a good deal. 

I booked business class with Thai in early Oct for just over £3k. 

You are right about cheap flights but the cheaper seats are just not around. I have booked in Oct for next July with Emirates for over 3000 pounds Business Class. But all the extras plus flight times suit me perfectly. But I did search around and funnily enough they were not the most expensive. Etihad, Qatar, Thai and KLM were more whereas the likes of  Swiss or Austrian did come in cheaper. But you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

We booked Eva a couple of months ago to travel this weekend - was £765 each in Economy (LHR_BKK_LHR)

At the time, Emirates was roughly the same rate, but I prefer to travel direct. Thai was more expensive.

We actually chose our seats and submitted passenger info' last night.

Never flown Eva before, 90% B.A., then Thai, Emirates. Eva seems to have good baggage allowance  - not that I need it.

Forget choosing  your seats-we booked 3 in a row  for our family and I was unceremoniously  bumped from an aisle  to a window seat  on the other side of the plane because I  found a supposedly  sick man in my seat-never fly Eva again! 

52 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Last Time I Flew with EVA I Have to say they were Very Good ( But I Was in their Premium Economy ) And it cost ONLY 660 GBP RETURN ...LHR-BKK-LHR.....But it was MANY MANY Moons Ago...Actually on a 6 Month Ticket January 2002 To June 2002,Both Flights were on their 747-400......

And how many GBP = THB back in 2002, what was the cost of a litre of fuel?

7 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Booked LHR-BKK-LHR Thai Inter in mid Jan for my sons. Looked everywhere  but couldn't get less than 1000gbp. Something to do with an unnecessary bloody war between  former USSR neighbours stirred up by a rogue KGB agent!  

Send in James Bond to fix it

3 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

Also choose the poorest country in your VPN list to search from and you often get cheaper prices. :thumbsup:

I think you will find that doing this will make little difference as you are taken to the airline site based in the country of origin of your flight.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Well known to those in the industry, due to the algorithm that airlines use for yield control., the cheapest tickets are obtainable within 90 days of travel.  Outside of that 90 days,  you will likely pay top dollar

The algorithm was not working earlier this year! I bought my flight for around 80,000 THB in January for BKK to LHR return Business Class flying July. In the 3 months or so preceding July, the price had gone up to 140,000 THB. So I would not trust this system at the moment.  

16 minutes ago, worrab said:

The algorithm was not working earlier this year! I bought my flight for around 80,000 THB in January for BKK to LHR return Business Class flying July. In the 3 months or so preceding July, the price had gone up to 140,000 THB. So I would not trust this system at the moment.  

If you are talking about Thai Airways, well God/Buddha/whomever only knows how they deal with ticket prices and commercial yield management.  I'm sure  a higher mythical deity may know, because they certainly don't. After all, you can't really be that bothered if your government will not allow you to fail financially, despite all the public babble and smoke screens to the contrary.  

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

If you are talking about Thai Airways, well God/Buddha/whomever only knows how they deal with ticket prices and commercial yield management.  I'm sure  a higher mythical deity may know, because they certainly don't

Meant to have stated that this was with Emirates. Apologies for that omission. But I do like your reply.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, worrab said:

Meant to have stated that this was with Emirates. Apologies for that omission. But I do like your reply.

Much the same deal as Thai. The Middle East Airlines are all government owned.  Despite what they say publicly,  and what that paragon of transparency IATA try to convince themselves of,  they are not private commercial businesses and would never be allowed to fail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clear the cache on your computer and delete the cookies from those sites you've been looking at for air fares. 
Wanted to book MIA-BKK (via ORD and TYO) and found a fare of USD 1'400. When looking up the same the next day = USD 2'150. My IT geek told me above; I followed suit and guess what, the USD 1'400 were back. 
Using carriers with a transit stop en route can also have a massive influence on the tariff; look up i.e. Oman Air for surprises ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Obviously November December and January are high season prices.  From LHR, have you thought of flying to Amsterdam or Paris etc and getting a cheaper flight there ? Also, watch the days you book, Friday, sat sun , more expensive. Late night or very early morning cheaper flights. Yes, heard that EVA air was ok.  Check TripAdvisor too. But always book direct with airline.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/16/2022 at 10:54 AM, Nong Khai Man said:

Ooooohhhh !! YOU are in for A Treat ( NOT )....

Well suprisingly you were very wrong. Left on time landed in Amman on time and again arrived in Bangkok 10 min late ! Nothing really. Food served was really nice , plane Boeing 787 dreemlander very comfortable  and very quiet . Would for sure use Royal Jordanian again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Well suprisingly you were very wrong. Left on time landed in Amman on time and again arrived in Bangkok 10 min late ! Nothing really. Food served was really nice , plane Boeing 787 dreemlander very comfortable  and very quiet . Would for sure use Royal Jordanian again.

Well ASll I Can say is that THEY Have Changed !!

• Thumbs Up 1