Former President Donald Trump files to run in 2024

Scott

45 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think the international events of the past year have demonstrated precisely why it’s important to have an experienced President in the WH.

One that doesn't know the difference between Cambodia and Columbia? 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thighland rings a bell.

Covfefe anyone?

FWIW I wouldn't support Trump either.

But claiming Biden has shown how we need experience is a bit of a stretch given all his cringeworthy gaffes more reminiscent of a 97 year old than a 79 year old. The US needs fresh blood, not someone who asks for people who died a month ago (after issuing a statement of condolence following her death), confuses Cambodia with Columbia while opening a summit in Cambodia and tries to shake hands with invisible men. 

I wouldn't support either man, but for completely different reasons. Trump's time is over, he is divisive and should't run. Biden can barely function, let alone lead a country with the stature of the USA. It's sad, pathetic even, that these two seem to be the best the US has to offer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

One that knows the difference between America’s Allie’s and enemies , who doesn’t stand in front of the world’s press and announce he backs Putin and not US Intelligence services.

"Hey, look over there!".

Trump being bad doesn't make Biden good.

• Like 2

Just now, JonnyF said:

But claiming Biden has shown how we need experience is a bit of a stretch given all his cringeworthy gaffes more reminiscent of a 97 year old than a 79 year old. The US needs fresh blood, not someone who asks for people who died a month ago (after issuing a statement of condolence following her death), confuses Cambodia with Columbia while opening a summit in Cambodia and tries to shake hands with invisible men. 

I wouldn't support either man, but for completely different reasons. Trump's time is over, he is divisive and should't run. Biden can barely function, let alone lead a country with the stature of the USA. It's sad, pathetic even, that these two seem to be the best the US has to offer.

A bit hard on someone misreading a teleprompter don't you think? Got anything actually meaningful?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Oddly the electorate didn’t think any of this mattered, nor when they elected him and not in the mid terms.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Biden will remain in office until 2024, putting America back to work again, running down the deficit, rebuilding the reputation of the US on the world stage and backing America’s allies over America’s enemies.

Trump meanwhile will leach off his supporters while he tries to run from the long arm of the law.

It's sad isn't it. Electing someone because he isn't someone else. Hardly a ringing endorsement is it? American politics is in a sad state.

Just now, ozimoron said:

I'm not at all concerned about Biden's age and mental capacity because he has demonstrated that he listens to expert advice, unlike his former opponent who continually had conflict with his advisors. Like disregarding his own intelligence community in support of Putin. Now, that's really dangerous.

Maybe we should let his advisors make all the decisions? Who voted for them?

How Democratic.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's sad isn't it. Electing someone because he isn't someone else. Hardly a ringing endorsement is it? American politics is in a sad state.

Well, at least we agree on something. Here are some suggestions for improving the current sad state of affairs:

- No person of 70+ can be elected/reelected.

- Strict limitations on political donations.

- Strict limitation on political lobbyists.

- SCOTUS term and age limitations.

- Get rid of the Electoral College.

I'm sure I've left out a number of obvious things that should be done.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1