Former President Donald Trump files to run in 2024

Scott

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The more things change the more they stay the same in conservative land.

"But as I've said before, the gravest threats to our civilization are not from abroad but from within," Trump argued. "None is greater than the weaponization from the justice system, the FBI, and the DOJ. We must conduct a top-to-bottom overhaul to clean out the festering rot and corruption of Washington, D.C."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-announces-and-im-a-victim-i-will-tell-you/

Possibly Trump is self-projecting here.

The US electorate tried to clean out "the festering rot and corruption of Washington, D.C" in 2020 but the smell from the burgers seems to still linger on.

Edited by LosLobo

2 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Possibly Trump is self-projecting here.

The US electorate tried to clean out "the festering rot and corruption of Washington, D.C" in 2020 but the smell from the burgers seems to still linger on.

At least the gold toilet is easy to clean.

Just now, jvs said:

Time to face reality but he keeps kicking the can ahead of him.

bye bye Trump.

His daughter gets it.

"This time around, I am choosing to prioritize my young children and the private life we are creating," Trump's older daughter said.

"I do not plan to be involved in politics," she continued. "While I will always love and support my father, going forward I will do so outside of the political arena.

• Love It 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

His daughter gets it.

"This time around, I am choosing to prioritize my young children and the private life we are creating," Trump's older daughter said.

"I do not plan to be involved in politics," she continued. "While I will always love and support my father, going forward I will do so outside of the political arena.

Poor Melania.

I reckon she's contractually obligated to occasionally stand by his side onstage. Cringe city.

• Haha 1

If the comments in this thread are any indication, trump doesn't stand a chance.

Previously, any trump threads had 3-4 die hard fanboys defending trump, nowadays it appears its a unanimous NO

• Thumbs Up 2

The thing is, Trump never had any real loyalty to the GOP. He was a Democratic supporter for years- essential if you do business in New York.  So he doesn't care if he causes the party damage. He cares about his personal brand most of all. 

As I said before, he was a good president but is a terrible former president. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If the comments in this thread are any indication, trump doesn't stand a chance.

Previously, any trump threads had 3-4 die hard fanboys defending trump, nowadays it appears its a unanimous NO

He still has his base 25 to 30 percent which will give him the primary win if there are multiple opponents like last time. One on one vs. DeSantis would be a real contest.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The thing is, Trump never had any real loyalty to the GOP. He was a Democratic supporter for years- essential if you do business in New York.  So he doesn't care if he causes the party damage. He cares about his personal brand most of all. 

As I said before, he was a good president but is a terrible former president. 

By running, he is declaring war with his own party. He is likely to win the primary but will be the worst possible candidate to win a national election. The Republican Party is being held hostage by Trump and his base. DeSantis doesn't stand a chance against Trump in the primary. I am sure you know it. The party leaders and their donors can only watch with trepidation that it will be another lost 2024 election. What a curse Trump has brought to the party.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Announced he's running and the mass media already doing it's best to make sure he does not win. If it was stolen last time the mass hate Trump media did it.

It is clear the left will not allow a Trump presidency, I'm also not sure they will allow a DeSantis presidency. In my mind this attitude is dangerous to democracy, as normally elections are used to determine who governs.

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Announced he's running and the mass media already doing it's best to make sure he does not win. If it was stolen last time the mass hate Trump media did it.

You don't think he did it to himself? 

If it was not for media good or bad, he wouldn't have won in the first place. How much free marketing haven't he got from media? Obviously his fans love his narcissistic egocentric behavior and love his outrageous speaches.

• Like 1