Former President Donald Trump files to run in 2024

Scott

Fox News cut away from Trump's rambling presidential announcement speech after 40 minutes

"During his rambling, hourlong speech on Tuesday, Fox News cut away from Donald Trump's 2024 presidential campaign announcement after approximately 40 minutes.

The conservative news organization, which regularly promoted Trump's policies and hosted his speeches while he was president, cut away from the live remarks in favor of commentary about the former president's third bid for office."

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

There is a saying that if you ask a hungry person what's 1+1 equal they will answer 2 loaves of bread. Here's what Ozimoron wrote:

"I'm not at all concerned about Biden's age and mental capacity because he has demonstrated that he listens to expert advice, unlike his former opponent who continually had conflict with his advisors."

Nothing in there except your own bias that justifies your reading

Au contraire. There is also a saying "The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend".

If what you were saying were true, Ozimoron would be indeed be concerned with his mental capacity. Because he knows Biden would need the mental capacity to listen to the advice, and then weigh up the options and opinons and reach a sensible conclusion.

Only if he were blindly following the advice would his mental capacity be of no concern.

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

The thing is, Trump never had any real loyalty to the GOP. He was a Democratic supporter for years- essential if you do business in New York.  So he doesn't care if he causes the party damage. He cares about his personal brand most of all. 

As I said before, he was a good president but is a terrible former president. 

Trump has never had any loyalty to anyone but himself. How much of a lowlife do you have to be to charge top dollar to the secret service to stay at your resorts. For that matter, how much of a lowlife do you have to be not to put your assets in a blind trust when you're President? It's required of all Cabinet officers. Something tells me you weren't exactly indignant about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

If you are claiming that a world teetering on the precipice of nuclear armaggeddon is preferable to an unprecedented 4 years of world peace, well we are in disagreement. Remember when the left said a Trump presidency could cause a nuclear war(1), and here we are!! Other noteworthy international events under Biden would include the Afghan disaster when poor people were clinging to planes as they were taking off. Great stuff! More experienced Presidents, more chaos please!!

sources for claims made

(1)https://thediplomat.com/2016/11/could-trump-actually-start-a-nuclear-war/

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/11/17/16656856/trump-congress-nuclear-weapons-war

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-interrupts-reporter-who-asks-about-afghans-clinging-planes-2021-8

And yet you believe what you wrote, that's even more disturbing because your showing parrot like tendencies for the mans lies and misinformation......

Edited by metisdead
Name calling trolling reference edited out.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But as Ozimoron explained, he did not say that Biden blindly followed advice. He said it's Trump who's the outlier. The responsible leaders listen to expert advisers. Since when does "listen" mean "blindly obey". You've got nothing.

Why would he not be concerned with his mental capacity if he thought he would consider the advice given to him carefully? That process of careful consideration requires mental capacity.

Think about it for a while before replying, I prefer not to explain it a third time.

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This is truly bizarre. In a thread about Trump, you claim someone is engaging in deflection by writing about Trump. It is to laugh.

The conversation had evolved beyond the OP.  Do try to keep up.

Of course, when people don't like the direction of travel and start losing the argument, they scream "off topic". It's all they've got.

edit for typo.

Edited by JonnyF
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Where is your evidence that Biden’s advisors make all the decisions?

I was responding to Ozimoron's assertion that he wasn't at all concerned with Biden's mental capacity because he has advisors "advising" him.

Maybe you should check with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Why would he not be concerned with his mental capacity if he thought he would consider the advice given to him carefully? That process of careful consideration requires mental capacity.

Think about it for a while before replying, I prefer not to explain it a third time.

On and on and on.

How about greeting dragged off to the Walter Reed Hospital in the middle of the night to be administered the Montreal Cognitive Assessment exam, do you want to discuss that?

It after all has some bearing on the topic of discussion:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/mental-health/trump-cognitive-test-what-montreal-cognitive-assessment-exam-n1234762

Trump being rushed into hospital in the middle of the night to be given the Montreal Cognitive Assessment Exam is the only ‘mental capacity/cognition’ issue of any relevance at all to the topic of discussion.

So let’s discuss that shall we?

Edited by Chomper Higgot

2 hours ago, connda said:

I'm not voting for anyone over 55 years old in the next presidential elections.
I want to see a new generation take the helm regardless if they are Democrats, Republicans, or Independents.

I won't make the same commitment but I agree with the sentiment.

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Poor people cant run

Actually the last four Democratic Presidents; Johnson, Carter, Clinton and Obama, were born into modest circumstances and had to work there way up.  The last Republican President who wasn't born rich was Reagan.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

It is clear the left will not allow a Trump presidency, I'm also not sure they will allow a DeSantis presidency. In my mind this attitude is dangerous to democracy, as normally elections are used to determine who governs.

When has "the left" not allowed an election to determine who governs?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, proton said:

Not fair as the media were 95% against him for 4 years whatever he did, resulting in a vote against him by the easily led, rather than a vote for Biden.

Another poster duplicated my post.

Proves great minds think alike

Edited by LosLobo
Duplicated
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

He is claiming that the US is a disaster and he was the only president to never have a war during his time in office, that the Ukraine war would never have happened and that the strategic oil reserves have been drained by Biden...this guy is taking pot shots at all.  He also has stated that North Korea never launched a missile while he was in office either.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/R46349.html#_Toc39838318

A good start to his campaign then.

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Because you derailed it by bringing up Biden and his gaffs, would you like the screenshot?

Actually another poster stated how the last year had shown how we needed a mature President.

Biden was the President this last year and at 79 you could be kind and call him "mature". So I refuted his assertion. Hope that's OK boss...

1 hour ago, proton said:

Not fair as the media were 95% against him for 4 years whatever he did, resulting in a vote against him by the easily led, rather than a vote for Biden.

IIRC it was the easily led who were involved in the insurrection of January 6.

Will you be donating to his campaign? Just once, I'd like to see a Trump supporter on ASEAN put their money where their mouth is.

• Like 1