Visa Exemption Extension. Nov 2022

On 11/19/2022 at 10:17 AM, Lemsta69 said:

Yes, that's correct.

But I only suggested Lao e-visa because you're a Pom and they charge like wounded bulls for a new passport so you don't want to fill it up unnecessarily. The Lao visa-on-arrival sticker takes up a whole page in your passport doesn't it?

I was there last in 2008 so obviously my knowledge of Lao entry procedure is a bit out of date, but I don't see anyone else apart from UJ rushing to help you out so I'm doing my best to fill in! ????

Thanks for getting back to me. The advice from @ubonjoe and yourself has been a godsend. When the experienced IO at NongKhai said my best option is obtain a TR in Lao she said fly because of my used up entry’s. 

I still feel I’ll have some resistance at the border so I’m gonna get NongKhai on board prior to attempting to leave Thailand, what can go wrong will go wrong.

And yes I’ve lost two pages to those stupid full page visas already ???? Thanks for the advice on the E-visa I’ll keep this thread alive with the progress for educational purposes. 

My next task is to research obtaining an Ed Visa and see which is significantly cheapest and less hassle.

Thanks all especially @Toby1947and @marin with out whose help is be stuck up the creek.

10 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I still feel I’ll have some resistance at the border so I’m gonna get NongKhai on board prior to attempting to leave Thailand, what can go wrong will go wrong.

You really don't need to do that, they'll probably just tell you the same nonsense that they told you before. As Joe mentioned, they're just making it up as they go along.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Thumbs Up 1