Hotel maids nabbed for allegedly sneaking into tourist’s room to steal valuables

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

Is there a statue of limitations on theft?

Or is only for murderers?

A subsequent crime of failing to report to court too. 

Actually pleasing to see this was pursued....it would have been dropped in many countries. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

A few words of warning; never, ever, leave cash in a hotel room safety box. Not only do most hotel staff have access to the room, many also know the admin/overide codes to open the room safe box. Recently checked into a hotel and the safety box was already locked. Told the front desk and staff member came and opened the box using number from memory. I only ever leave laptop and passport in a box. Still a risk but less so than losing notes of cash. 

Well I do and have so far had only a single minor instance in many years.....  I don't think taking all my cash, cards and passport out with me is a good solution.

It might be beneficial to accidently lock the safe and see how easy it is for them to come open it in front of you....! One time I did this and it was a right rigmarole!

When I see people leave there doors open and a real community spirit and if there is one bad dishonest person in our town the people are on to it straight away. The honesty here makes me feel very blessed to live here however that doesn't distract that in the more tourist area the dishonest are more likely to be. If you're stupid enough to leave high valuables in your room then it won't end well. 

• Like 1