Elite Visa renewal - potential issue.

Wife is currently in hospital, can not move from the bed as she's carrying twins, had to be taken in on emergency earlier this week, and hospital advise not leaving, was due to give birth middle of Dec, now they're saying at 34 weeks.

My visa expires 25th, meant to get new 12 month stamp on Monday.

I have all the paperwork, but one issue i don't have is 'owner' reporting, i have one from last time round (done 25/11/2021) and I haven't moved since (its our home).

Wife on the other hand has numerous properties, her ID card is not in the same address as our main residence (tax) for being able to sell.

She won't be able to visit immigration (its looking more and more). Does the alien reporting last 12 months?

Advice on this as flummoxed as Elite are useless (entire point is so you don't have to jump through hoops).

Edited by Jenkins9039

Do you need proof of address for the Thai Elite Visa ?

If you have the TM30 (owner reporting) from a year ago - that should be ok, as you are on the same Visa and have not moved.

If you are unsure you could log into the Section38 Immigration App and do another online report of you want (use an iPad or iPhone the Immigration webpages don’t work properly, the app is better) - but that takes a little time IF its the first time as you need a passport to be mailed to you etc.

All in all, with TM30 filed in within the last year I think you are ok.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

All in all, with TM30 filed in within the last year I think you are ok.

I have a feeling (it's in Thai) it was all done at the same time last year, so in theory i am getting a new stamp 21st for a visa that expires 25th, so in theory the reporting also expires 25th.

12 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I'd be getting a new visa, the elite visa comes in 1yr increments.

You're getting an extension of stay. I did one here in Hua Hin a week or two ago on my Elite visa. It's just a 1 year stamp.

I last did a TM30 a few years ago and it's good forever or until you move house.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I have a feeling (it's in Thai) it was all done at the same time last year, so in theory i am getting a new stamp 21st for a visa that expires 25th, so in theory the reporting also expires 25th.

Visa and 90 day reporting are completely separate, your 90 day report doesn't reset when you renew your extension of stay or expire when your extension of stay does.

If your last TM30 is for the same address where you are currently staying then you don't need to do a new one as someone has already said. You don't get a new "visa" every year, you renew your extension of stay every year and get a new sticker after 5 years if you have the 10 or 20 year Elite visa. 

I'm confused what your wife has to do with anything. She is not required to visit immigration to renew your Elite Visa. At worst, you can do a quick same day flight or border run in and out of Thailand and you'll get a new one year extension of stay but sounds like your paperwork is in order so shouldn't be necessary.

Edited by Ohyesuare

I managed to get the Elite Visa without TM30. This works if you time things right and arrange for the Visa to be issued on arrival in BKK- Suvarnabhumi, i.e. before you would need to have a TM30. 

Also, the visa comes in 5-year increments. The immigration stamp is valid for one year. As I am traveling multiple times per year in and out, I don't foresee a need to do any extensions requiring a TM30. If you don't travel internationally, then a once-a-year border run might be more entertaining than jumping through hoops... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

I managed to get the Elite Visa without TM30. This works if you time things right and arrange for the Visa to be issued on arrival in BKK- Suvarnabhumi, i.e. before you would need to have a TM30. 

Also, the visa comes in 5-year increments. The immigration stamp is valid for one year. As I am traveling multiple times per year in and out, I don't foresee a need to do any extensions requiring a TM30. If you don't travel internationally, then a once-a-year border run might be more entertaining than jumping through hoops... 

He not applying for a new elite visa. He want to extend his stay from a valid elite visa to stay for another year.

Just confusion caused by calling a permit to stay in the country a visa. A visa only allows you to enter the country and stay for the length of time it allows unless you apply for a extension of it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He not applying for a new elite visa. He want to extend his stay from a valid elite visa to stay for another year.

Just confusion caused by calling a permit to stay in the country a visa. A visa only allows you to enter the country and stay for the length of time it allows unless you apply for a extension of it.

Am i good to go based on the above Joe?

10 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Am i good to go based on the above Joe?

Basically  yes. You seem to be worrying about a TM30 report being done. That is no longer required (Rule change June 2020) unless you change addresses or enter the country with a new visa since you have a valid multiple entry visa.

You will need a letter from Thai Elite to confirm your Elite visa status to apply for the extension.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Basically  yes. You seem to be worrying about a TM30 report being done. That is no longer required (Rule change June 2020) unless you change addresses or enter the country with a new visa since you have a valid multiple entry visa.

You will need a letter from Thai Elite to confirm your Elite visa status to apply for the extension.

Don't believe they provide a letter anymore.

Greetings from Thailand Privilege Card Member Contact Center  

Refer to the stay extension at Phuket Immigration. You will get the new 12-month length of stay permission under the benefit of the Elite visa. 

Should you have any further inquiries or inquires, please feel free to contact us; we are available to serve you. 

Best regards,
Manat K.
Member Contact Center 

---

Greetings from Thailand Privilege Card Member Contact Center.

Regarding a received e-mail with enquiry for stay extension at Phuket immigration office. After we checked the information with our related department, we would like to inform you that Thailand Elite members are available to proceed with the officers at immigration office.

We would like to suggest you to proceed with the immigration officers at Phuket immigration office directly. You can make the reservartion for submit stay extension at Phuket immigration office with the following link https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=19960 . Then, please select service for tourist purpose in the menu for make the reservation.