Thailand, Australia ink economic MoU

snoop1130

b5ba866c361c488bbd5c529e80bb5cb5_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thai and Australian officials have signed a memorandum of understanding aimed at deepening the economic relations between both countries, pushing forward trade and investment among other cooperative frameworks that include sustainability and a green economy.

The MoU was signed between Thailand’s Vice Minister of Commerce Sansern Samalapa and Australia’s Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs Tim Watts, with Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Commerce Jurin Laksanawisit witnessing the ceremony.

This memorandum is an extension to the Joint Declaration on a Strategic Partnership between Thailand and Australia, which was signed in 2020 by the leaders of both countries.

This MoU aims to further enhance both countries’ cooperation in agriculture, technology and sustainable food systems, tourism, health services, education, e-commerce, digital economy, creative economy, investments, green energy and economy, and carbon reduction.

More details on these subjects will be discussed at a later stage. These discussions will be concluded within six months.

Thailand and Australia saw a total of 12.76 billion U.S. dollars in two-way trade from January to August this year. This figure shows an 18.50% growth year-on-year.

Major export items from Thailand to Australia are in the categories of automobiles and parts, air conditioners, and jewelry; while important import goods from Australia to Thailand include oil, ores, and coal.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG221118172405419

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-11-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 11:16 AM, itsari said:

If there was an agreement made with Thailand  there would be no need to live in Australia for two years to get your pension payment . 

Just saw this itsari, thanks for the reply. Gotta say, I've never heard of the 2 years business . My understanding is that when you reach the age requirement, you apply to Centrelink and if you pass the asset test you are good to go. I'll take your word for it tho'.

Just now, Albaby said:

Just saw this itsari, thanks for the reply. Gotta say, I've never heard of the 2 years business . My understanding is that when you reach the age requirement, you apply to Centrelink and if you pass the asset test you are good to go. I'll take your word for it tho'.

First off I am talking about applicants for a pension that have lived or living abroad .

You may well receive the pension when you apply in Australia. But portability of the pension must wait two years .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2022 at 7:30 AM, lordblackader said:

You wouldn't wipe your backside with the Thailand - Australia FTA and this is no different. 

Taking the following into account, from the OP, care to explain?

"Thailand and Australia saw a total of 12.76 billion U.S. dollars in two-way trade from January to August this year. This figure shows an 18.50% growth year-on-year."

On 11/19/2022 at 11:08 AM, TunnelRat69 said:

@ ten times the price in Thailand.................Peace

Rib eye is approx AUS60 per kilo, Waggu beef is approx AUS70+ per kilo in Oz retailers

Edited by simple1