Re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi

Hi all! There is a friend of mine that needs to get a re-entry permit at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport. Airline company told him that check in opens 3 hours before the departure and it close 60 minutes before it. Do you think he will have plenty of time to do the re-entry permit at the airport before to flight?

2 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

ok thanks! Does he has to walk far or it is near the check in?

Step 1. Obtain check in with airline.

(That can take long time)

Step 2: clear security control that can also take time.

Step 3: Obtain reentry permit. That does not take long. You can pay 200baht for them to fill in forms etc if you wish.

Step 4: que for passport check. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Step 3: Obtain reentry permit. That does not take long. You can pay 200baht for them to fill in forms etc if you wish.

ok great, thanks again!

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

how long it should take before to get this re-entry permit?

20 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Airline company told him that check in opens 3 hours before the departure and it close 60 minutes before it.

Can he not check in online before setting off to the airport or even (as I have done on a few occasions) at a self-service kiosk there if he arrives more than 3 hours early? In my experience it has subsequently proved possible to drop off baggage for the aircraft hold up to 5 hours before the scheduled flight departure time, and this should provide him with more than adequate breathing space for clearing Security and then obtaining a re-entry permit prior to clearing Immigration.

Edited by OJAS

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I get mine beforehand at immigration, seems the lesser evil. I don't take chances.

Same here, but I suppose that it all depends on the particular immigration office in question. I gather from various reports on here that obtaining a re-entry permit at Chaengwattana, for instance, can be quite a tortuous process!

Edited by OJAS

11 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I want to do this next month. Should I bring a  Facial ID PHOTO (4cm x 6cm) or will they want me to use their "service".

i

You could complete a TM8 form and put the photo on it. Along with copy of your passport photo page and extension stamp and not pay for their service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Can he not check in online before setting off to the airport or even (as I have done on a few occasions) at a self-service kiosk there if he arrives more than 3 hours early? In my experience it has subsequently proved possible to drop off baggage for the aircraft hold up to 5 hours before the scheduled flight departure time, and this should provide him with more than adequate breathing space for clearing Security and then obtaining a re-entry permit prior to clearing Immigration.

Yes he can check in online 30 hours in advance and he will arrive at the airport 7 hours earlier before to fly 

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Arrive at the Airport 5 hours early ??? - then what ?? 

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Arrive at the Airport 5 hours early ??? - then what ?? 

Join slow-moving queues for Baggage Drop-Off, Security, his re-entry permit and Immigration in that order - followed by a long walk to the departure gate.

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Join slow-moving queues for Baggage Drop-Off, Security, his re-entry permit and Immigration in that order - followed by a long walk to the departure gate.

I prefer re entry at IO, first ones to check luggage, security. immigration followed by food and beverage.