Vietjet

Sparktrader

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

If you book online, make sure you put your names in the right places on the online booking form , my name cam out as Manus Mick on the ticket and I nearly had to buy a new ticket as the cost to change the name on the ticket was more than the flight 

Does it say surname and first name?

ST, Since this is airline based. Didn't you just leave internationally via Suwannabhum airport yesterday afternoon. Who did you fly? Where are you? But most importantly what's up with the all day posting while away? I like Nok air domestically. ????

48 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Knew a guy called Derrick Head, signed his name D Head.

These split names are quite common. Many moons ago I worked for Raytheon and Bendix in ABQ.  Local companies would send mail to Mr Ray Theon and of course Mr Ben Dix. It was funny at the time.

(Sorry to get off track of the main topic)

Edited by couchpotato

Just now, couchpotato said:

These split names are quite common. Many moons ago I worked for Raytheon and Bendix in ABQ.  Local companies would send mail to Mr Ray Theon and of course Mr Ben Dix. It was funny at the time.

Richard Face is the worst Ive heard of. His parents must have no idea what Richard gets shortened to.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Got some cheap flights.

Domestic flights not a problem. I have a niece at uni in CM and my wife books her flights and usually goes with Vietjet.

I was looking to go to Vietnam next year and Air Asia scheduling was more attractive. All depends where your priorities lie.

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If you book online, make sure you put your names in the right places on the online booking form , my name cam out as Manus Mick on the ticket and I nearly had to buy a new ticket as the cost to change the name on the ticket was more than the flight 

Same thing happened to me (I have to remember to change it each time as that's how my profile is set-up), but I just ignored the fact & checked-in / went through security with no problems. 

After all, some countries (e.g. Singapore) would put call me Mr Mike, first name Teavee if they saw my name as Mike Teavee. 

Great airline, much better than Thai Air Asia IMHO, use them a lot to fly to Hat Yai.

14 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

533 thb flights is the cheapest ive seen. Not see AA that cheap.

You have to remember that the price quoted does not include taxes etc..

My recent VietJet ticket BKK SGN quoted at US$11.00 ended up $43.00 including taxes etc...

Pre-pandemic, I flew with both airlines. Air Asia on domestic routes within Thailand and short haul international routes from Thailand, VietJet on domestic routes within Vietnam. Both more or less the same, offering basic budget airline services using A320s with no "frills" - ideal for me on short haul flights. IMHO Air Asia was more acceptable due to its international "Fly-Thru" facility avoiding all the hassle at Bangkok DMK, despite a change of planes. The airline had its own Immigration desk and avoided all the long queues at the main Immigration desks. Baggage in the hold is transferred directly from flight to flight without any personal involvement.

Since the pandemic, last week I flew back to Siem Reap from DMK after a short holiday in Thailand. Same service with Air Asia and, surprisingly, after 3 years I am still registered as a "discount (air miles) member and received a small reduction in my ticket price.

Please note - with both airlines, when you receive the final cost of your flight, it will exceed the fare quoted when  "add ons" are included such as fuel surcharge, airport taxes, booking fees etc. etc.   

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

7 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Same thing happened to me (I have to remember to change it each time as that's how my profile is set-up), but I just ignored the fact & checked-in / went through security with no problems. 

After all, some countries (e.g. Singapore) would put call me Mr Mike, first name Teavee if they saw my name as Mike Teavee. 

Great airline, much better than Thai Air Asia IMHO, use them a lot to fly to Hat Yai.

They had two of my three names in the wrong order on my flight ticket .

I was flying to BKK to get a connecting flight to London and there were no other flights to BKK available and had I been refused to be allowed on that Vietjet flight , I would have lost my London flight and would have needed to buy another flight and get all my Covid tests done again .

So, I really needed to get on that flight

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They had two of my three names in the wrong order on my flight ticket .

I was flying to BKK to get a connecting flight to London and there were no other flights to BKK available and had I been refused to be allowed on that Vietjet flight , I would have lost my London flight and would have needed to buy another flight and get all my Covid tests done again .

So, I really needed to get on that flight

Need travel insurance. If correct names but wrong order shouldnt matter if their website is faulty.

You always want travel insurance.

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Need travel insurance. If correct names but wrong order shouldnt matter if their website is faulty.

You always want travel insurance.

I didn't have travel insurance and didn't need it, because I got on the flight and the travel insurance wouldn't have been valid because the flight was in someone else's name and not mine 

• Haha 1