Transport Minister Orders Solutions to Slow Luggage Claims

webfact

image.jpeg

SAMUT PRAKAN, Nov 25 (TNA) – Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob ordered Thai Airways International to solve delays in luggage claims for inbound passengers at Suvarnabhumi airport in 30 days.

The minister inspected services at the main airport of the country and found that travelers’ congestion in their immigration process was obviously relieved because it took 15 minutes for each of travelers to have their passport checked.

However, the minister saw that inbound air passengers had to wait for a long while to claim their luggage. Suvarnabhumi airport has two service providers for luggage handling – Thai Airways International (THAI) and Bangkok Flight Services (BFS). The delay happened mostly with THAI because it downsized its organization and workforce.

Source: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-1064726

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-11-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I was lucky this morning;  my luggage appeared at the belt as I approached it. Immigration was busy (we were a full airbus a380) but well-directed, the queue took less than 30 minutes. One hour after landing I was in a cab.

Edited by orchis