If you are near 80 or over

georgegeorgia

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Air in Phuket much cleaner compared to most places north. Beaches too as a rule though Patong can be bad. A bit of rubbish can wash up throughout South East Asia sadly.  Phuket isn't that big that you can't live near a fairly clean beach and be not far from high quality health care. 

Not going to get AQI <50 year round.  Nowhere in TH gets that.  And the sewer 'blackwater' from the khlongs during high season, pollutes the Andaman.  Too rough off season.  Just look at the sat photos on Gmap.

If you don't self drive, then forget easy, inexpensive transport.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RafPinto said:
On 12/1/2022 at 1:47 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

When you were 38 years old, did you fall in love with an 80 year old woman ?

No.

When he was 38, life expectancy for women was 63

I can answer for myself.  No, I was never attracted to older women.  When I was 38 I was still in love with the girl I fell for when I was 28 and she was 16.  It had nothing to do with life expectancy and everything to do with patriarchal double standard.  I'm not sure how that makes Mac's point, if it is any different from mine.  

On 12/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

When you were 38 years old, did you fall in love with an 80 year old woman ?

Given that a female's sexual desire apparently diminishes with age, only fall in love with an old woman if happy with celibacy.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that a female's sexual desire apparently diminishes with age, only fall in love with an old woman if happy with celibacy.

So your argument is that the oldermale/youngerfemale combo is built into the biology while the opposite is not?

1 minute ago, habuspasha said:

So your argument is that the oldermale/youngerfemale combo is built into the biology while the opposite is not?

I'm not making an argument about it, but throughout mankind's time on planet Earth men have gone for younger women. IMO that says it's built into our genes.

Probably something to do with reproductive ability, as men can make babies till death while women can not.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not making an argument about it, but throughout mankind's time on planet Earth men have gone for younger women. IMO that says it's built into our genes.

Probably something to do with reproductive ability, as men can make babies till death while women can not.

Yes ... follow the science, as so many on AN have stated the past couple years ????

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Old car dealer said:

I was 85 last month, very fit and healthy nothing wrong with me, have regular check ups, everything still works very well, walk like a normal person, no fat on me, do not drink alcohol ever, do not smoke anything, eat only healthy food that I make and cook myself, still have a great life, enjoy the ladies very much, drive the car and ride my motor bike better than most people at any age, would not be dead for anything, no drink and smokes are the reason, both will kill you.  

Long may you continue Sir! Can't help thinking that if you didn't drive (or ride) your stress levels would be reduced. Currently, people are living until around 115. I believe you should set that as your starting point and go forward from there!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Old car dealer said:

I was 85 last month, very fit and healthy nothing wrong with me, have regular check ups, everything still works very well, walk like a normal person, no fat on me, do not drink alcohol ever, do not smoke anything, eat only healthy food that I make and cook myself, still have a great life, enjoy the ladies very much, drive the car and ride my motor bike better than most people at any age, would not be dead for anything, no drink and smokes are the reason, both will kill you.  

More than smokes and booze at work. IMO you have good genes for longevity.

Plenty of things other than booze and smokes will kill you- sugar is possibly the worst thing ( in large quantities ), but stress, high fat food, and even a love gone wrong can do that.

Too much love will kill you - Ironically sung by Freddy Mercury.

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2022 at 10:56 AM, The Fugitive said:

Long may you continue Sir! Can't help thinking that if you didn't drive (or ride) your stress levels would be reduced. Currently, people are living until around 115. I believe you should set that as your starting point and go forward from there!

Do not get any stress ever, do not eat or drink sweet things, sugar levels are normal.   sex makes you live longer and have a better life, live alone so no problems with any lady, many is the spice of life and not expensive.  

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

More than smokes and booze at work. IMO you have good genes for longevity.

Plenty of things other than booze and smokes will kill you- sugar is possibly the worst thing ( in large quantities ), but stress, high fat food, and even a love gone wrong can do that.

Too much love will kill you - Ironically sung by Freddy Mercury.

On 11/25/2022 at 5:53 AM, HuskerDo2 said:

Any day could be your last no matter what age you are. Live life to its fullest each and every day so you have no regrets later on. Some 80-year-old people are in better condition physically and mentally than some in their 50s.

What dating profile did you copy that from?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:
On 11/25/2022 at 8:53 AM, HuskerDo2 said:

Some 80-year-old people are in better condition physically and mentally than some in their 50s.

What dating profile did you copy that from?

Certainly some 80s are in better condition than some 50s.  That's indisputable.   More important is the capacity we have of improving ourselves to that degree.

The NY Times obituary page freuently list "cause of death as related to falls including this one from July 2022:

Bruce Katz, who with his father started the Rockport Shoe Company in 1971 and established walking shoes as a vibrant footwear category, died on June 26 in Greenbrae, Calif. He was 75.

His brother, Roger, said he died in a hospital from complications of a fall at his home in Mill Valley.

So this is from my new home -- stairs after and stairs before:

stairs after.JPG

stairs  before.jpg

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 1:53 PM, HuskerDo2 said:

Any day could be your last no matter what age you are. Live life to its fullest each and every day so you have no regrets later on. Some 80-year-old people are in better condition physically and mentally than some in their 50s.

actually that just shows how deluded people get as they grow old.

37 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

The NY Times obituary page freuently list "cause of death as related to falls including this one from July 2022:

Bruce Katz, who with his father started the Rockport Shoe Company in 1971 and established walking shoes as a vibrant footwear category, died on June 26 in Greenbrae, Calif. He was 75.

His brother, Roger, said he died in a hospital from complications of a fall at his home in Mill Valley.

So this is from my new home -- stairs after and stairs before:

stairs after.JPG

stairs  before.jpg

the difference between being old and young.....

When you are young, you fall over, when you are old - you "have a fall".

• Haha 1