If you are near 80 or over

georgegeorgia

It's impossible for me to imagine sexual intercourse at age 80. 

In fact, it's impossible for me to imagine in-out in-out even at my comparatively tender age. 

I just find it less than exciting, thinking of 80-year-olds, with their huge yarbles and yarblokos, doing the old in and out. 

Why should I demean myself in this way? 

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

In fact, it's impossible for me to imagine in-out in-out even at my comparatively tender age. 

I just find it less than exciting, thinking of 80-year-olds, with their huge yarbles and yarblokos, doing the old in and out. 

Doesn't have to be horizontal dancing. Cuddles are nice too.

4 hours ago, habuspasha said:

Same here, but let me parse this a bit:  My GF isn't oblivious to looks or unconcerned.  She will respond to a haircut or particular piece of clothing with a complement "you look good."  She'll approvingly say I look thin or "skinny."  She says she likes my white hair.  She thanks me for sex, but keeps to her own schedule (not everyday).  She has a vested interest in keeping me alive, but she knows I'll care for her alive or dead.  And I'm sure (as you must be) that her interest in my health is emotional, not financial.

Further, when she mentions age, it is her age not mine.  As she enters her 40s, she says she is getting old.  When I asked if a particular person was older than me, she said, "I don't now.  How old are you?

We are fairly infrequent on the sex front, it's more a lot of cuddling and playing nowadays. She fusses over me, doing up extra buttons on my shirt, or turning down my collar so I look "nice". She worries that since my diet change I have become too thin.

Like yourself, my GF will be well looked after when I pass on, but she hates any discussion of the topic.

I sometimes get the feeling we become father figures to much younger women. My GF uses me as a sounding board, and turns to me whenever there is a problem. While she will travel with female friends in a minibus on excursions, there is no way she would get on an aircraft without me, or drive on mountain roads.

She got quite scared on a recent trip up Doi Mae Mon, to see hydrangeas in bloom. Started a bit of back seat driving, I put a stop to that by asking if she would like to drive instead. When we were back down on the flat, she thanked me for getting us down safely, and said never again. Which will last as long as her next itch to go somewhere.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Started a bit of back seat driving, I put a stop to that by asking if she would like to drive instead. When we were back down on the flat, she thanked me for getting us down safely, and said never again. Which will last as long as her next itch to go somewhere.

Wouldn't ever have done that, as she would have driven and I was terrified the time I let her drive in a town. Feared she was going to ram cars.

I let her drive on back roads with no traffic.

Taking a shortcut on the MHS loop I took a wrong turn ( no signposts ) and ended up in middle of nowhere village. Had to go back and road so bad she started crying.

Worst road I drove in LOS was forest road, and took 3 hours in 1st and second gear. I enjoyed it, but not sure if she did.

On the way to it we asked some locals for directions and they told us not to use it as too bad, but quite a few houses built along it.

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I think this is the core of the feeling that bothers me.  Why should sex demean you?  Why should old/young sex be funny, inauthentic, ugly, or improper?  Something about the old in and out?  There are so many ways of enjoying contact with another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, still kicking said:
1 hour ago, Lucky Bones said:

am 64, nearing 80.

Can I be a part part of this conversation?

Welcome you are younger than me 

Welcome, of course!

I think when I was 64 I was also nearing 80.  Now at 81 I feel like I'm nearing 64.  I look forward to 64, not backward to 80.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't have to be horizontal dancing. Cuddles are nice too.

Sure...I do agree with you.

But, do you know what yarbles might be?

Please do not take offense, because, I am a big fan of Anthony Burgess's Nadsat.

How does one say cuddles in Nadsat, anyway?

Of course, Nadsat is a wonderful argot.

And, what is an argot?

And, what is a register?

This is pretty interesting, too.

In sociolinguistics, a register is a variety of language used for a particular purpose or in a particular communicative situation.

There is really so much to love about A Clockwork Orange, especially as one ages.

6 minutes ago, habuspasha said:

Welcome, of course!

I think when I was 64 I was also nearing 80.  Now at 81 I feel like I'm nearing 64.  I look forward to 64, not backward to 80.

81 is very young, if you are a young 81.

Thailand and Pattaya is the place to be when you are 91, for sure.

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sure...I do agree with you.

But, do you know what yarbles might be?

Please do not take offense, because, I am a big fan of Anthony Burgess's Nadsat.

How does one say cuddles in Nadsat, anyway?

Of course, Nadsat is a wonderful argot.

And, what is an argot?

And, what is a register?

This is pretty interesting, too.

In sociolinguistics, a register is a variety of language used for a particular purpose or in a particular communicative situation.

There is really so much to love about A Clockwork Orange, especially as one ages.

Burgess was a linguist.

This is why A Clockwork Orange is more interesting to guys who are older.

Most young guys don't understand A Clockwork Orange.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Burgess was a linguist.

This is why A Clockwork Orange is more interesting to guys who are older.

Most young guys don't understand A Clockwork Orange.

Thanks for the Nadsat primer.  I loved the film but I missed the lingo.

56 minutes ago, habuspasha said:

Thanks for the Nadsat primer.  I loved the film but I missed the lingo.

The book has a glossary of Clockwork-Orange terminology.

"The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow, a nice warm vibratey feeling all through your guttiwuts....."

https://youtu.be/_ltwX603Ft4

The above link cannot be embedded due to....who knows why.

Fairly innocuous, in my opinion, especially by today's standards.

Kubrick made life just a little bit better for all of us.

"And soon it was trees and dark, my brothers, with real country dark."

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

We are fairly infrequent on the sex front, it's more a lot of cuddling and playing nowadays. She fusses over me, doing up extra buttons on my shirt, or turning down my collar so I look "nice". She worries that since my diet change I have become too thin.

Like yourself, my GF will be well looked after when I pass on, but she hates any discussion of the topic.

I sometimes get the feeling we become father figures to much younger women. My GF uses me as a sounding board, and turns to me whenever there is a problem. While she will travel with female friends in a minibus on excursions, there is no way she would get on an aircraft without me, or drive on mountain roads.

She got quite scared on a recent trip up Doi Mae Mon, to see hydrangeas in bloom. Started a bit of back seat driving, I put a stop to that by asking if she would like to drive instead. When we were back down on the flat, she thanked me for getting us down safely, and said never again. Which will last as long as her next itch to go somewhere.

a. Your correct spelling of hydrangias is proof you know how to spell. 

b. No matter what. No matter how old. There is always the itch. And The Seven Year Itch is the itchiest of all. 

Can you spell Rock-man-enough to keep her by your side? 

5 hours ago, habuspasha said:

I think this is the core of the feeling that bothers me.  Why should sex demean you?  Why should old/young sex be funny, inauthentic, ugly, or improper?  Something about the old in and out?  There are so many ways of enjoying contact with another.

I reckon a lot of men never had fantastic sex in their entire lives, so no idea how wonderful good sex/ love is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The book has a glossary of Clockwork-Orange terminology.

"The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow, a nice warm vibratey feeling all through your guttiwuts....."

https://youtu.be/_ltwX603Ft4

The above link cannot be embedded due to....who knows why.

Fairly innocuous, in my opinion, especially by today's standards.

Kubrick made life just a little bit better for all of us.

"And soon it was trees and dark, my brothers, with real country dark."

That movie was vile IMO. I'd have no problem with it being eliminated from existence.

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

We are fairly infrequent on the sex front, it's more a lot of cuddling and playing nowadays.

Older couples show a consistent link between companionship and emotional well-being and closeness in everyday life emphasizing the importance of studying companionship in close relationships.

--https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/524089

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, habuspasha said:

Why should sex demean you?  Why should old/young sex be funny, inauthentic, ugly, or improper? 

Beats me. Keep the T level up.

Testosterone Levels Do Not Decline with Age in Healthy Men

"Healthy" is key.

Funny, walking down an alleyway to the beach today, I happened to encounter an extremely attractive farang woman probably in her late 60s, early 70s. Very fit (gym workouts), tanned, great figure (some tasteful enhancement up top), snow white hair. Took me aback; first one ever, in person.

Well, I would have complimented her, maybe even hit on her (new record), if she hadn't been with a younger guy. Typical fat guy in his late 50s, I'd say. Didn't want to cause them any issues. Or me an issue, LOL. 

Goes to show, it can be done. I might guess she was a model back in the day and kept herself up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thailand has thousands of wonderful places to live that are not like Phuket.

How about places that have:

-An air quality index average below 50;

-Access to clean sea water and beaches (like the Andaman vs. the Gulf);

-Access to restaurants, good hospitals, and markets?

1 hour ago, habuspasha said:

How about places that have:

-An air quality index average below 50;

-Access to clean sea water and beaches (like the Andaman vs. the Gulf);

-Access to restaurants, good hospitals, and markets?

An air quality index average below 50;

... year round, NOT in TH

Access to clean sea water and beaches (like the Andaman vs. the Gulf);

... Andaman is not clean either, in any developed area

Access to restaurants, good hospitals, and markets?

... restaurants & markets, no prob ... good hospital, need to be in a small metro area, which mean polluted sea water.  2 out of 3 is the best you'll get, maybe.

All 3 of those criteria in one place isn't found in TH. 

IMO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

An air quality index average below 50;

... year round, NOT in TH

Access to clean sea water and beaches (like the Andaman vs. the Gulf);

... Andaman is not clean either, in any developed area

Access to restaurants, good hospitals, and markets?

... restaurants & markets, no prob ... good hospital, need to be in a small metro area, which mean polluted sea water.  2 out of 3 is the best you'll get, maybe.

All 3 of those criteria in one place isn't found in TH. 

IMO

Air in Phuket much cleaner compared to most places north. Beaches too as a rule though Patong can be bad. A bit of rubbish can wash up throughout South East Asia sadly.  Phuket isn't that big that you can't live near a fairly clean beach and be not far from high quality health care.