Pattaya Fireworks Show

pomchop

What a zoo.  Never seen so many people on Pattaya Beach as last night.  Place was truly packed.  

Weird thing to me was lack of porta pottys.  I looked but never saw a single one so needless to say there were tons of people who had to go into very crowded  bars, malls, etc for a bathroom break

.  Not really conducive to sitting on the beach in a chair for several hours knowing that a bathroom is not even close to being convenient.  Strange as I recall at Loy Kratong they had plenty for a smaller crowd? 

Did anyone else see any portas that i somehow missed or did the organizers figure everyone could just hold it in?

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Where along Beach Rd are the fireworks at? Map shows at end of Klang.

the main fireworks barge was just across from klang but the food stalls and crowds covered pretty much the entire beach road ...they do it again tonight

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, pomchop said:

Did anyone else see any portas that i somehow missed or did the organizers figure everyone could just hold it in?

They used to have what looked like giant portacabins/trailers that were toilets, but not sure how many. I always found a bar that had opened it's toilets to the public at a price. Traffic was horrendous yesterday, I tried going through Naklua in the afternoon and it was painfully slow.. also the exit from the motorway was still tailed back at 8pm.

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They used to have what looked like giant portacabins/trailers that were toilets, but not sure how many. I always found a bar that had opened it's toilets to the public at a price. Traffic was horrendous yesterday, I tried going through Naklua in the afternoon and it was painfully slow.. also the exit from the motorway was still tailed back at 8pm.

I agree about the traffic, I have lived here for 8 years and the worst I have ever seen it. We were out and about at 11am and it was gridlock, took 40 minutes to get from central pattaya to over the dark side.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They had those for loy kratong but i sure didn't see them or any other portable toilets for fireworks which was a crowd much bigger than loy kratong....depending on the few bars or even malls along beach road to provide necessary toilets for such a large crowd is really pretty pathetic...i felt extra sorry for so many families that had kids who no doubt needed a toilet over a four hour fireworks show....strange that a supposed world class fireworks event would not provide facilities.

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

They had those for loy kratong but i sure didn't see them or any other portable toilets for fireworks which was a crowd much bigger than loy kratong....depending on the few bars or even malls along beach road to provide necessary toilets for such a large crowd is really pretty pathetic...i felt extra sorry for so many families that had kids who no doubt needed a toilet over a four hour fireworks show....strange that a supposed world class fireworks event would not provide facilities.

If that was the case, no supplied facilities, I agree that is very remiss...