Cannabis law disputes in Thailand continue, as pro and opposition groups debate over “Smoking Rooms” and other issues

webfact

20 hours ago, stoner said:

what are you 12 ? 

i just came back from buakhao too. the stench at many places is incredible. the stench of stale beer and p8SS revolts me. this area of thailand takes this stench to a whole new level. 

for me it smells really bad so i try to move to another place,. 

Your name prob says it all . Yes i try to move to different places like i said . If it was at the places selling it , np , it is legal , so who am i to complain. The thing is , it was not at those places , but just in the street , move around another 30m and you get out of the smell but move another 30m and there comes another wave of that smell . Beer and p*ss smell as you say , true , but that has always been around bars . Maybe i'm just very sensitive to the smell of cannabis , but i smell it from far away and i keep inhaling it for a long time .

23 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Sure weed may smell but try to have some compassion......The fact that Soi Bukow in Pattaya reeks of weed should tell you that there are a lot of sick people on Soi Bukow who are only smoking weed for medical needs....

The law says weed is only for medical needs, so no one would smoke weed without a medical need....

If thats the case , open up a hospital somewhere where they can smoke it freely , so not open in the street , or especially in crowded places where the smell keeps hanging around for long time.

9 minutes ago, sezze said:

Your name prob says it all . Yes i try to move to different places like i said . If it was at the places selling it , np , it is legal , so who am i to complain. The thing is , it was not at those places , but just in the street , move around another 30m and you get out of the smell but move another 30m and there comes another wave of that smell . Beer and p*ss smell as you say , true , but that has always been around bars . Maybe i'm just very sensitive to the smell of cannabis , but i smell it from far away and i keep inhaling it for a long time .

Face it mate, you're going to end up stoned whichever way you turn. My life! Such hard work already.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sezze said:

my name probably says what ? you judge a person solely based on a screen name. i guess you really are 12.

so because the smell of stale beer and p8SS has always been around bars its cool then ? 

i smell the p8ss from far away and i keep inhaling for a long time. 

17 hours ago, bradiston said:

Hmmm. I get the "Stop your whining" bit, but then there's a long "if" clause with no "then" clause. The topics you suggest for discussion are endlessly thrashed out on this forum, to no avail. It's just the way it is.

They just get tossed in as a distraction from the topic under discussion by people short on a good point.. 

The headline refers to a debate. Not much of a debate or even a discussion  if all you have to say to support the notion of banning smoking in bars is that it causes or may cause more traffic accidents. It goes without saying its so obvious, alcohol is served all over the place and not only that, a whole host of things and kinds of circumstances contributes to road accidents. How about senselessly installed traffic lights that serve no purpose, and which essentially teach people there's no point in stopping for red lights, or yacketty people or animals  in the car that engage the driver in conversation that takes the focus off driving, or terribly maintained roads as is the new fashion trend up country. Seriously though,  since when is road safety of even remote concern?

They just widened the highway going from Roi Et to Ubon I think it is, from 2 lanes to four. A project that dragged on for over two years, with their 12 cents per day work crews of  Burmese grannies and 6 year old girls out there with forks and spoons and glue piecing the new highway together. One year later and there are gaping potholes in the middle of the highway for miles and  in stretches where you are meant to be blasting down the highway at full speed. That doesn't cause more traffic accidents?

Edited by Gilligan In Drag