Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

2 minutes ago, kevinbraysford said:

the said women was on tv this morning dressed head to toe in african clothing if you so her you would think she was african not british.senegal football fans paint there faces white nothing said but a white person paints there face black there classed as racist to much pc in the world .

I swearing African costume somehow PC but blackface not racist?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I take it the little tell-tell signs such as her BROAD Irish accent escaped you?

Considering that She didn't have a broad Irish accent and spoke quietly and softly , it wasn't immediately apparent She was from Ireland and even now I can just pick up a slight accent .

Although She was mighty impressed by my "Irish builder" attempts at impersonating the Irish accent ????

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

You used the term in the same sentence as discussing her costume. There's no other context for using the term because this topic is not about blackface.

il make simplier for you what would you say her nationality was looking at her?for a million pounds is it finnish. danish sweddish british or african?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kevinbraysford said:

il make simplier for you what would you say her nationality was looking at her?for a million pounds is it finnish. danish sweddish british or african?

She said her nationality was British. It wasn't anything else. You're doing what racists do.

Racists claim that a person can't be British because they are black.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Sounds like Ngozi  was trying to be provocative 

After this was asked 

"SH: No, what part of Africa are YOU from?"

Her reply should have been "I am from the U.K" , no need to go an about France or there not being any records of where she was born .

Ngozi really should have stated from the beginning that she was from the UK and that would nt have caused the confusion about there she was from .

Seems like Ngozi was fishing for a racist reply 

The question was racist from the get go. The palace apologised for it. Get over it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

After this was asked 

Her reply should have been "I am from the U.K" , no need to go an about France or there not being any records of where she was born .

Ngozi really should have stated from the beginning that she was from the UK and that would nt have caused the confusion about there she was from .

Lets break down the conversation for you as you seem to be terribly confused.

SH: No, what part of Africa are YOU from?

Me: I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records. (Obviously confused and thought she meant where are your family from, which she replied she didn't know)

SH: Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from? (she's just answered this question with 'I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records' but is beginning to get the idea of what Lady SH is REALLY refering to)

Me: Here, UK (Literally tells her she's British)

SH: NO, but what Nationality are you? (Her confirming she is British doesn't seem to matter as Lady SH continues with the 'but where are you REALLY from' line of questioning)

Me: I am born here and am British. (Again confirming she is British)

SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from? (You're not REALLY British because you're black so 'where do you really come from'

She stated 2 questions in that she was British, then repeated it but you go ahead and try your best at victim blaming.

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

Lets break down the conversation for you as you seem to be terribly confused.

SH: No, what part of Africa are YOU from? (Obviously confused and thought she meant where are your family from, which she replied she didn't know)

SH: Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from? (she's just answered this question with 'I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records' but is beginning to get the idea of what Lady SH is REALLY refering to)

Me: Here, UK (Literally tells her she's British)

SH: NO, but what Nationality are you? (Her confirming she is British doesn't seem to matter as Lady SH continues with the 'but where are you REALLY from' line of questioning)

Me: I am born here and am British. (Again confirming she is British)

SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from? (You're not REALLY British because you're black so 'where do you really come from'

She stated 2 questions in that she was British, then repeated it but you go ahead and try your best at victim blaming.

Yes, as I previously stated .

Do I have to repeat myself ?

After the first question was asked 

SH: No, what part of Africa are YOU from?

Her reply should have been *I am from the U.K* , rather than go about "no records" and "France" , as it got confusing after that 

Ngozi stating there were no records of her Birth in Africa was suggesting that She didn't know where about in Africa she was from . 

She really should have stated she was from the UK straight away

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, as I previously stated .

Do I have to repeat myself ?

After the first question was asked 

SH: No, what part of Africa are YOU from?

Her reply should have been *I am from the U.K* , rather than go about "no records" and "France" , as it got confusing after that 

Ngozi stating there were no records of her Birth in Africa was suggesting that She didn't know where about in Africa she was from . 

She really should have stated she was from the UK straight away

For gods sake. It wasn't her that 'went on about France'. It was Lady SH. She's the one that said 'Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?

Understand now?

And asking someone 'what part of Africa are YOU from?' is not the same as asking someone 'where are you from?'

As I have stated MANY times, it was a VERY clumsy conversation from Lady SH and I'm sure it was VERY confusing for whoever was on the other end, especially when they say they're British TWICE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

It's called accents. What you can't tell a Geordie from a Scot or a Welshman from an EASTENDER?

British people don't tend to  have strong accents these days and people from the Caribbean often keep their local accents and EastEnders don't speak with a Cockney/London accent these days .

Actually , younger EastEnders/Londoners tend to have Caribbean accents , its the cool way to speak .

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Because his own personal experience and circumstances  are different to the story in this thread .

This isn't about a casual friendly conversation between friends . 

This story is about a Woman working at a Palace and speaking to guests and their Country off origin may have been of importance 

The formal apology suggests you’ve got that wrong.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Because his own personal experience and circumstances  are different to the story in this thread .

This isn't about a casual friendly conversation between friends . 

This story is about a Woman working at a Palace and speaking to guests and their Country off origin may have been of importance 

Nonsense. hussey was told the charity worker was British and yet she continued with a racist line of questioning. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

After this was asked 

Provocative would have been a four letter word followed by ‘off’.

Seems to me you are fishing for some means to blame the victim.

It’s a thing around here, I need to add it to that Unitary Circle Venn Diagram I’m working on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

For gods sake. It wasn't her that 'went on about France'. It was Lady SH. She's the one that said 'Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?

Understand now?

And asking someone 'what part of Africa are YOU from?' is not the same as asking someone 'where are you from?'

As I have stated MANY times, it was a VERY clumsy conversation from Lady SH and I'm sure it was VERY confusing for whoever was on the other end, especially when they say they're British TWICE!

Fair enough , I got the bit about France wrong .

But when Ngozi was first asked where She came from .

Her first reply was *Sista Space*

She was then asked once again where She came from and then replied "We're based in Hackney"

Which still doesn't answer the question about where She was from .

Then She was asked once again where She came from and she replied " I don't know , they didn't leave any records"

It was only at the fourth time of asking that she stated she was from the U.K , but the confusion had already set in 

She SHOULD have replied that she was from the UK when she was asked the first time , rather than being evasive and not answering  at the beginning and waiting to be asked four times 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

She was then asked once again where She came from and then replied "We're based in Hackney"

Then She was asked once again where She came from and she replied " I don't know , they didn't leave any records"

It was only at the fourth time of asking that she stated she was from the U.K , but the confusion had already set in 

She SHOULD have replied that she was from the UK when she was asked the first time , rather than being evasive and not answering  at the beginning and waiting to be asked four times 

OMG really?

She OBVIOUSLY though she was talking about her charity. It would be a VERY common question considering the she was there with 300 guests, who had been invited to the event by the Queen Consort, Camilla, regarding a "global pandemic of violence against women". 

Stop with the victim blaming. It really isn't a good look.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Keep digging...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

OMG really?

She OBVIOUSLY though she was talking about her charity. It would be a VERY common question considering the she was there with 300 guests, who had been invited to the event by the Queen Consort, Camilla, regarding a "global pandemic of violence against women". 

Stop with the victim blaming. It really isn't a good look.

So Ngozi didn't understand the question and she gave the wrong answer ?

They really should have discussed it and sorted the confusion out , rather than screaming *Racist* and *Call the BBC*

*I've found another racist, sack her*

Talk to each other guys and sort the confusion out