Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Yes it was.

Quite, if you take what she said in the conversation, it is crystal clear she was inquiring about her heritage! So clear in fact Fulani actually answers: "No Lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sadly we live in an age where sad pathetic individuals can be offended by almost anything at all.

What is even sadder, is that there are people who actively go looking to be offended.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63768031

Camilla, The Queen Consort, 

is ending the tradition of having ladies-in-waiting, but instead will be helped by "Queen's companions".

As well as modernising the title, the six women assistants will be less regularly in attendance than the previous role required.

The honorary positions involve helping the Queen Consort at public events.

Unlike the ladies-in-waiting, this slimmed-down role will not involve correspondence or administration.

Replacing the role of lady-in-waiting will end a feature of court life going back to the middle ages, with such close personal helpers of a Queen often coming from aristocratic families and, over the centuries, sometimes caught up in court intrigue.

The new "companions" will be a more occasional and informal position, supporting the Queen Consort at official engagements and not involved in replying to letters or day-to-day planning.

They don't receive a salary but their expenses will be covered.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Quite, if you take what she said in the conversation, it is crystal clear she was inquiring about her heritage! So clear in fact Fulani actually answers: "No Lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality. "

Yes, the well mannered Fulani offered her an off ramp but she was too dimwitted to take it and instead continued her racist attack.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Nothing disrespectful about showing an interest in someone's family and their heritage.

Of course, the Woke mob will twist anything if it gives them an opportunity to gang up on an elderly lady for not being fluent in Wokespeak.

Events have shown that to be completely incorrect.

There’s no such thing as ‘woke speak’ or ‘woke mob’.

There is however a well established practice of good manners and respect for others. The old lady here has spent a life time in Royal Circles, she knows precisely how to treat others with respect, she chose not do so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taotoo said:

I don't understand how this could possibly have happened - she's proudly wearing red white and blue in her hair and everything.

_126640955_mediaitem126640954.jpg.webp

I was at the World Cup. Asked one of these guys what part of Korea he was from. Do I need to quit my job?

image.png.6f42e3e116cf0afab6d7a6693753d92d.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Yes, and their ancestors come from a variety of countries. The lady was asking which country her ancestors originated from.

If a Thai waitress asked you what part of Europe you are from, would you call them a Racist and demand they were sacked?

I have suffered many racial attacks, I am Thai/Scottish.